We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Making some "Shortie Checklists"...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

OK... I had a bit of a panic attack earlier when I was uploading a post on that other thread and the ominous "account suspended" message popped up. 

I thought I had done a baaaaaad thing and was in deep trouble.

I would never want to cause any trouble. I also hope my posts didn't CAUSE any "account suspended" trouble. No telling what my "experimentation" may lead to.

All joking aside... if any administrators are reading this and have any issue with my posts, please let me know... and delete anything that needs deleted.

I may wait a while before continuing... if it is OK to continue. I am still having technical issues adapting my Microsoft documents to this forum.

#22 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

This is definitely an experiment... and like all experiments, open to failure.

I was OK for the first four posts on the other thread.

Now all of the messages like... you know... "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"

I think the object of the game is only post a few each day.

#23 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

... and not sure how they will look on this messageboard.

Think of this a bit like Topbilled "A Year In Hollywood" series with lots of reading material... if with more spelling errors involved. :unsure:

I do not want to "hog up" the forum with these. It was easy to put them on the other CMU forum, starting back in 2009, because I could go back and re-edit even this year... AND the readers over there were used to me being A Nerd.

Feel free to chew me out on THIS thread... although if you do on the one I am making for Paramount, it is OK. I will respond on this one though.

• TopBilled likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users