We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

How do I add a photo?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Austin2

Austin2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationToronto Ontario Canada

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Is the facility to upload a photo to TCM down ? I've trying for 3 days with no luck. I tried uploading a photo from my computer with no luck. I tried downloading loading a photo from Tinyurl with no luck. I also tried from Photobucket with no luck. And before anyone thinks I had trouble uploading I didn't. The photo I chose is at both applications. The problem is at the TCM end. With so many complaining about the same thing I simply want to know is the TCM end of things working or not ?

Austin2

- I don't know where I'm going, but I'll let you know when I get there -

#62 GregoryPeckfan

GregoryPeckfan

Movie Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationCanada - where we have free press

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the information.

I must say that even with the instructions it still took me over an hour to do this.

Peter Fonda and Gregory Peck are my heroes.

#63 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,925 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

Hi, I am trying to add a photo (from the files not personal).  They want a URL, what in God's name is that?  I am a whiz on movie info but a doofus when it comes to the computer.  Please help.

Hello Judy, welcome aboard. Nice to see someone from New Haven ... I just retired from SCSU.

A url is just the location of the webpage ... you know, like http://www. etc. If you right click on a photo, then select "View Image Info," a box will come up, and one of the lines will say "location." That is the url. Now if you click on the 11th icon from the left in the second row in your message box (the square icon which says "image" when you place your mouse over it), just copy the url into that box, click OK, and the image should show up.

• mr6666 and AndreaDoria like this

I'm a big boy.

#64 Judyball

Judyball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Haven CT

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hi, I am trying to add a photo (from the files not personal).  They want a URL, what in God's name is that?  I am a whiz on movie info but a doofus when it comes to the computer.  Please help.

• Tisher Price likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users