We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Cabin mate for 2016 cruise needed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

I am a 70 yr old widow and have wanted to go for past two years. am interested. what do I need to do?

IJ

Check the prices and see if you want to share a room...I had the upgraded inside room with porthole last year and shared with one cruisemate but it's kind of pricey this year so would "bite the bullet" and share with two possibly.

#2 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

Just checking in to see who wants to sign up on March 1.,,.2 or 3 cruisemates possibly. :)

#3 TinaAnj

TinaAnj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

I don't know why I said May.  I have prebooking privileges and would like to book as soon as we possibly could.

Thanks,

Tina

#4 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

We will need to wait until the make more announcements, and then wait until the tickets go on sale.  I think it is usually around May.  When they start posting information like costs, etc, that is when I will decide for sure.  This is the first cruise that is 7 nights instead of 5, so I want to see what the difference in cost will be.

Then, if we decide we both want to go, we will be able to sign up individually for the cruise, and make our own payment arrangements.  They use a company that makes it very easy to work with.

It is very fun, and I am sure you would have a great time.

Let's keep in touch!

Tina

You won't get much choice in May.

#5 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

If I am travelling with 2 or 3 other passengers, I would like a veranda...otherwise with one other person I would keep the cost down on an inside cabin.

#6 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

Since I have been on two previous cruises, I can have preboarding booking, and I can  safely say that within a couple of weeks, there will probably be no lower priced cabins available.  It was sold out last year within a few weeks.

#7 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Might be interested...would like more details.

#8 TinaAnj

TinaAnj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

We will need to wait until the make more announcements, and then wait until the tickets go on sale.  I think it is usually around May.  When they start posting information like costs, etc, that is when I will decide for sure.  This is the first cruise that is 7 nights instead of 5, so I want to see what the difference in cost will be.

Then, if we decide we both want to go, we will be able to sign up individually for the cruise, and make our own payment arrangements.  They use a company that makes it very easy to work with.

It is very fun, and I am sure you would have a great time.

Let's keep in touch!

Tina

#9 ij45

ij45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

I am a 70 yr old widow and have wanted to go for past two years. am interested. what do I need to do?

IJ

#10 TinaAnj

TinaAnj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hello.  I have been on two of the TCM cruises and am planning on trying to go on the 2016 cruise.  So excited about the new ports of call.  I am a female and I will be travelling alone.  Would like to share a cabin with 1-2 other women. It really cuts down on the cost.  Please message back if you might be interested.  Thanks.

• EvyG likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users