We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Male Beauty In The Movies

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted Today, 07:05 PM

Bruce Penhall classic All American jock as B-movie starhttps://youtu.be/-jQuS8z-oTY

• rayban likes this

#2 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

Chris Pratt shows off...https://youtu.be/voz3OSgkUNM

• rayban likes this

#3 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

Emilio Estevez

32b841eebf75ccc35ab1299bc2c6c534--emilio

tumblr_o5hj81rnyr1uzhe4lo1_500.jpg

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#4 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

This shot was made for slash fiction ;)

• rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#5 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#6 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

He is one of those men who has aged very well

Agree!

#7 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,493 posts
  • LocationThe Overlook Hotel

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

rob-lowe-directv-hed-2014.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#8 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Rob Lowe

c30cae701382135eb9810002aa933b60--robe-l

dc04fa0e1152bd174f841f6c93afbf20--rob-lo

• jinsinna13 likes this

#9 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Rob Lowe

I'm glad you didn't include a photo of him from BEHIND THE CANDELABRA (which was a nice performance by him).

#10 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

Rob Lowe

#11 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

While we're on the subject of Matt Dillon, he also appeared in other movies based on S.E. Hinton books besides The Outsiders. Rumble Fish and Tex were also movies that starred Dillon based on S.E. Hinton books.

The Outsiders

1441a9ea5eb9defb5c3730afc9530f54.jpg

Rumble Fish

s-l300.jpg

Tex

dillon-tex.jpg?w=604&h=453

Hinton had a crush on Matt and who can blame her?

#12 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Nick Jonas shows off his bodyhttps://youtu.be/szRmeyCavWs

• rayban likes this

#13 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

While we're on the subject of Matt Dillon, he also appeared in other movies based on S.E. Hinton books besides The Outsiders. Rumble Fish and Tex were also movies that starred Dillon based on S.E. Hinton books.

The Outsiders

Rumble Fish

s-l300.jpg

Tex

dillon-tex.jpg?w=604&h=453

#14 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Matt Dillon in The Outsiders

A classic American beauty

• jinsinna13 likes this

#15 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

I'm watching Ramon Novarro in PAGAN.  Talk about male beauty!  I've seen some of his flicks before but this one really shows off his extremely handsome and expressive face (wonderful smile, too) and great body.  There's a shot near the beginning where Ramon is reclining and the camera starts at his feet and moves upward showing off his legs and torso.  I don't think I've ever seen a male filmed like this before (at least in a classic-era film). Being pre-code (1929) he talks about appreciating God in the beautiful natural outdoors instead of in a hot church on Sunday.

Looked him up on Wiki and was so sorry to read how his life ended.  He did have a great career in early Hollywood. 

Ramon Navarro was both beautiful and memorable in the very first "Ben Hur: A Tale of the Christ".

Supposedly, a more-than-permissible nude version of the film exists, but, to this day, it has never surfaced.

Ramon Navarro wanted a film career that included a lot more singing.

In his later years, re-capturing his native Mexican accent, he gave a superb performance in a classic episode of "Bonanza".

• ChristineHoard and jaragon like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#16 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

I'm watching Ramon Novarro in PAGAN.  Talk about male beauty!  I've seen some of his flicks before but this one really shows off his extremely handsome and expressive face (wonderful smile, too) and great body.  There's a shot near the beginning where Ramon is reclining and the camera starts at his feet and moves upward showing off his legs and torso.  I don't think I've ever seen a male filmed like this before (at least in a classic-era film). Being pre-code (1929) he talks about appreciating God in the beautiful natural outdoors instead of in a hot church on Sunday.

Looked him up on Wiki and was so sorry to read how his life ended.  He did have a great career in early Hollywood. 

• rayban likes this

#17 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

Matt Dillon in The Outsiders

#18 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

I absolutely agree. River was one of the those actors who was good no matter what role he played. That's why I liked to watch him and his movies.

My favorite River movies are Stand By Me, Running on Empty, and My Own Private Idaho. Stand By Me is clearly the best of the three movies I listed, and if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do. You won't regret it.

"Stand By Me" is a classic but he River breaks your heart in "My Own Private Idaho"

#19 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Such a tragic loss - he was a very gifted actor not just a pretty face

I absolutely agree. River was one of the those actors who was good no matter what role he played. That's why I liked to watch him and his movies.

My favorite River movies are Stand By Me, Running on Empty, and My Own Private Idaho. Stand By Me is clearly the best of the three movies I listed, and if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do. You won't regret it.

• ChristineHoard, jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#20 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

River Phoenix. One of the best child stars of all time. River died so young, and I still miss him.river-phoenix-large.jpg

Such a tragic loss - he was a very gifted actor not just a pretty face

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

rayban