We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Male Beauty In The Movies

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

The sexy Mr Francohttps://youtu.be/ukBZ2NxEWEw

• rayban likes this

#2 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

Power and Romero on international goodwill tour https://youtu.be/p1Bb6fXM18s   too bad we don't get a view of Ty and Cesar's private home movies... ;)

• rayban likes this

#3 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

Omigod, I can't believe someone other than me mentioned that masterpiece of '80s horror! I saw that in the theater (UA East, I think it was called, 85th Street/First Avenue) -- I actually don't remember the nudity but found the scene on YouTube. Quite something! Gives the title of the movie new meaning.

Ian Sera is the actor who goes full frontal- according to director J Piquer Simon- they had to use ice to "calm him down" because he had gotten too excited while rehearsing the scene.  Sera did not make too many movies and seems to have vanished but he did leave us with that memorable view

• Swithin and rayban like this

#4 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,813 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

I was watching "Pieces" (1982) when I was pleasantly surprise by a bit of full frontal maled nudity (actually it was a side view) but in genre in which only females are on display this was unexpected.

Omigod, I can't believe someone other than me mentioned that masterpiece of '80s horror! I saw that in the theater (UA East, I think it was called, 85th Street/First Avenue) -- I actually don't remember the nudity but found the scene on YouTube. Quite something! Gives the title of the movie new meaning.

• jaragon and rayban like this

#5 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Ben Wishaw nerdy sexyness    https://youtu.be/6ymN3KptqzI    He would be a good choice to play Anthony Perkins

Freddie Highmore is already playing "Norman Bates" in "Bates Motel" on A&E.

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#6 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Ben Wishaw nerdy sexyness    https://youtu.be/6ymN3KptqzI    He would be a good choice to play Anthony Perkins

• Swithin and rayban like this

#7 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

I was watching "Pieces" (1982) when I was pleasantly surprise by a bit of full frontal maled nudity (actually it was a side view) but in genre in which only females are on display this was unexpected.

#8 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Who doesn't want to wrestle Alan Bates https://youtu.be/9-YjG8rToQM

• rayban likes this

#9 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

And who doesn't?

He and Romy Schneider were a sight to behold in "The Swimming Pool".

OMG was that sexy or WHAT?

• rayban likes this

#10 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

attachicon.gifalain color.png

Okay, if you like drop dead gorgeous

And who doesn't?

He and Romy Schneider were a sight to behold in "The Swimming Pool".

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#11 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Attached File  alain color.png   473.01KB   1 downloads

Okay, if you like drop dead gorgeous

• rayban likes this

#12 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

In the 1970's, I was working in  a hotel and he, his girlfriend, and dog checked into a room.  Actually, his girlfriend checked all of them into the room; I never saw him.   They stayed in the room for several months, and they requested no maid service, and she always went out to a local eatery to get  their meals, which they ate in the room.  When they finally left, the condition of the room was unbelievable.  In all this time he never left the room.

I can believe it!

#13 Terrence1

Terrence1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

In the 1970's, I was working in  a hotel and he, his girlfriend, and dog checked into a room.  Actually, his girlfriend checked all of them into the room; I never saw him.   They stayed in the room for several months, and they requested no maid service, and she always went out to a local eatery to get  their meals, which they ate in the room.  When they finally left, the condition of the room was unbelievable.  In all this time he never left the room.

#14 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

He was beautiful but obviously had some mental issues

And, yet, their sex scene is one of the most memorable, because it dares to go beyond the act itself.

#15 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

Well, they were, and he was a nut, I guess.  David Lean hired him for "Ryan's Daughter," and when he got there, Lean realized that he had been dubbed by someone else in the film he saw that made him want to hire Jones.  He was impossible - he refused to do love scenes with Sarah Miles because - get this - he wasn't attracted to her and he was engaged - I forget to whom. I mean, what is this, a school dance? He wasn't attracted to her. Anyway, Lean was really looking forward to more erotic love scenes now that the code was off - well, forget it.  So Mitchum and Sarah Miles drugged him at breakfast. Well, they went a little too far. He was practically comatose.  So Lean put them behind this tree with huge leaves and she had to practically lift him to get through the scene.  And his voice was dubbed yet again!

He was beautiful but obviously had some mental issues

• rayban likes this

#16 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

He turned a not-so-great film, "Wild In The Streets", into a memorable experience.

Some actors can exist apart from their film.

I still feel that the gay subtext was missing from this film.

However, for some reason, I do not see Christopher Jones and Susan Strasberg - "together". 

Well, they were, and he was a nut, I guess.  David Lean hired him for "Ryan's Daughter," and when he got there, Lean realized that he had been dubbed by someone else in the film he saw that made him want to hire Jones.  He was impossible - he refused to do love scenes with Sarah Miles because - get this - he wasn't attracted to her and he was engaged - I forget to whom. I mean, what is this, a school dance? He wasn't attracted to her. Anyway, Lean was really looking forward to more erotic love scenes now that the code was off - well, forget it.  So Mitchum and Sarah Miles drugged him at breakfast. Well, they went a little too far. He was practically comatose.  So Lean put them behind this tree with huge leaves and she had to practically lift him to get through the scene.  And his voice was dubbed yet again!

#17 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

In person, he and Mirelle Darc must've been a gorgeous couple.

I would like to know more about his relationship with Romy Scheinder.

It's a very sad one. They met on the set of a film, I believe, and were engaged from something like 1959-1964 - something tells me Alain wasn't quite ready to commit. She was, however, the great love of his life.  But in 1964, Romy found a note he left for her that said "Going to Mexico wth Natalie" - I think that's the woman he subsequently married.  Romy tried to slit her wrists.  Eventually they must have decided to be friends because they continued to make films together. They were as famous in Europe as Brangelina, so it probably made sense for them to work together. She did get married, and ended up having two children. When her son was 14, he was impaled on a fence and died. She couldn't recover from it; she turned to pills and alcohol and died the next year.  Delon was totally devastated. The note he left at her gravesite said: "Tu n'as jamais été aussi belle, tu vois j'ai appris quelques mots allemands pour toi: Ich liebe dich meine Liebe" which means "You have never been so beautful, you see that I learned some words in German for you: I love you my love"... He arranged to have her son's grave moved to be buried next to her.  In 2008, she received a special tribute and he talked about her.  As he was leaving the stage he said, "Ich liebe dich" and then the German for little doll, which I can't remember.

Attached Files

• rayban likes this

#18 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Cute story - he did a play version of Bridges of Madison County with his old girlfriend Mirelle Darc, and a friend of mine went and sat in the second row.  She said, I never dreamed I could be so close to him. Now I can die happy.  

Meanwhile, a critic was in the front row with his wife, who is quite beautiful, and he wrote: "I’d explain it more as: I went to watch Yendi watch Alain Delon… and, as it turned out, it was also about Alain looking at Yendi on more than one occasion (at the curtain call)."  

In person, he and Mirelle Darc must've been a gorgeous couple.

I would like to know more about his relationship with Romy Scheinder.

#19 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

I interviewed Christopher Jones.  He was an interesting guy.

He turned a not-so-great film, "Wild In The Streets", into a memorable experience.

Some actors can exist apart from their film.

I still feel that the gay subtext was missing from this film.

However, for some reason, I do not see Christopher Jones and Susan Strasberg - "together". 

#20 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

And no, we can't share him.  Mine all mine.  Saw E'clisse again the other night.  Hubba hubba.

Okay, then, I'll just watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users