We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Male Beauty In The Movies

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Nice to see two straight men who are not ashamed to show they love each other...

Attached Files

• rayban likes this

#22 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

They would make such a hot couple.

And, there such be some sort of competition, in which the prizes are their jockstraps.

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#23 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

Orlando Bloom should really do a stand alone Legolas movie - he could get together with Aragorn - I'm sure Viggo Mortenson would not mind...

Attached Files

• rayban likes this

#24 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

Lord of the Rings

orlando-bloom_0.jpg?w=612

Pirates of the Caribbean

b2806c29-d1e4-4c71-916f-82dee6cc04c1.jpg

Thanks so much, I prefer him as a blond.

But the recent full-frontal tells us that he is NOT a natural blond.

• jinsinna13 likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#25 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Orlando Bloom, when he appearded in "The Lord of The Rings"  movies - he was oh, so young and oh, so blond.

His recent full-frontal - he was sailing with Katy Perry - was quite a sensation.

I wish that I could post it, but I can't.

But, guys, you will not be disappointed.

Lord of the Rings

orlando-bloom_0.jpg?w=612

Pirates of the Caribbean

b2806c29-d1e4-4c71-916f-82dee6cc04c1.jpg

• jaragon, rayban and jinsinna13 like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#26 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

Orlando Bloom, when he appearded in "The Lord of The Rings"  movies - he was oh, so young and oh, so blond.

His recent full-frontal - he was sailing with Katy Perry - was quite a sensation.

I wish that I could post it, but I can't.

But, guys, you will not be disappointed.

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#27 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

The 22 year old charms of Antonio Banderas are in full frontal  display in "Peztanas Postisas"(1982)  a  film I had never heard of https://youtu.be/k_d-3wLQqkg

You can find a more revealing look if you search for it ;)

• rayban likes this

#28 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Van Williams and Robert Conrad share the joys of bromance ( the basketball shot is specially sweet)

Attached Files

• Swithin, ChristineHoard, rayban and 1 other like this

#29 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

The Hemsworth bros proves that hotness comes in all shapes and sizes

Truer words were never spoken.

• ChristineHoard likes this

#30 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

The Hemsworth bros proves that hotness comes in all shapes and sizes

Attached Files

• rayban, CountVictorGrazinsky and jinsinna13 like this

#31 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Orlando Bloom

1c60d970ee3a5347b388f2686a0922ec.jpg

teenpeople04oct1.jpg

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#32 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Chris Pratt started out in teen soaps like "The OC"( 2006)   got heavy and funny for "Parks and Recreation"( 2009) and now is leading man stud in " Jurassic World" and "Guardians of the Galaxy"

Attached Files

• rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#33 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Whoever said Yul couldn't be bi because he was "100% all man" should take a look at some of the manly-men pix on this forum and then say gay/bi men can't be "all man" or remember hunky Rock Hudson or any number of men.  I'd like to think that the "younger generation" wouldn't fall for stereotypical thinking but it lives on.

It also has to do wit the aura of masculinity they projected on the screen- yes hard to believe in this day and age in which we have out rugby players, marines, cops and firemen anyone would think that gay men can't be butch

• Jlewis, ChristineHoard and rayban like this

#34 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Even more fascinating than the article on Yul Brynner are the comments below. A fan of his who was born after he died (a young millennial) apparently took great offense. The insistence that "Yul was 100% all man" revealed a LOT about the poster's opinion of of gays, bisexuals and lesbians as "this team". The more times the poster insisted that they have "nothing against", the more obvious it was that they were trying to convince readers of something that wasn't true.

Jlewis, I agree with everything you and Christine have said in the posts below mine. I also read the comments in Yul's blog post. Jlewis, I don't know if you noticed while reading the comments, but that poster came across as annoying. Everything that poster said, including they deliberately cyber stalked Rock Brynner just to prove the information was incorrect, came across as annoying. (I'm not the type who says stuff like that about others online, but in this case, it had to said.)

Christine is right. That poster clearly needed to look on this forum because stereotypes should no longer exist.

• Jlewis, ChristineHoard and jinsinna13 like this

#35 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Oh you don't have to say anything here. That poster gets plenty of responses on that blog site. Ha ha! All in agreement with what you just stated.

• ChristineHoard likes this

#36 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

Even more fascinating than the article on Yul Brynner are the comments below. A fan of his who was born after he died (a young millennial) apparently took great offense. The insistence that "Yul was 100% all man" revealed a LOT about the poster's opinion of of gays, bisexuals and lesbians as "this team". The more times the poster insisted that they have "nothing against", the more obvious it was that they were trying to convince readers of something that wasn't true.

Whoever said Yul couldn't be bi because he was "100% all man" should take a look at some of the manly-men pix on this forum and then say gay/bi men can't be "all man" or remember hunky Rock Hudson or any number of men.  I'd like to think that the "younger generation" wouldn't fall for stereotypical thinking but it lives on.

• Jlewis, jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#37 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Robert Vaughn may have written two books - but even he is not talking about this! You're right about the encounter sounding like slash fiction, though.

Of all the members of the original Magnificent Seven, only Yul Brynner is confirmed as bisexual. (Brynner had an affair with classmate Hurd Hatfield, and a journalist and many of their classmates confirmed the affair.) But McQueen has been rumored to have flings with Paul Newman, Montgomery Clift, Rock Hudson, John Derek, Jack Lord, Robert Vaughn, and George Peppard.

These links will give us more information:

http://gayinfluence....ve-mcqueen.html

http://gayinfluence....ul-brynner.html

• jinsinna13 likes this

#38 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

The Vaughn- McQueen encounter sounds like pure slash fiction but hey you never know.... : )

Robert Vaughn may have written two books - but even he is not talking about this! You're right about the encounter sounding like slash fiction, though.

Of all the members of the original Magnificent Seven, only Yul Brynner is confirmed as bisexual. (Brynner had an affair with classmate Hurd Hatfield, and a journalist and many of their classmates confirmed the affair.) But McQueen has been rumored to have flings with Paul Newman, Montgomery Clift, Rock Hudson, John Derek, Jack Lord, Robert Vaughn, and George Peppard.

These links will give us more information:

http://gayinfluence....ve-mcqueen.html

http://gayinfluence....ul-brynner.html

• Jlewis and jinsinna13 like this

#39 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

It's easy to forget Chris Pratt was heavier, but he was sexy then and is sexy now. Some guys just never go out of style.

Pratt also played the Steve McQueen counterpart in the remake of The Magnificent Seven. It wasn't as good as the original (which I love), but Pratt was able to steal the show by making his character a wisecracking goofball. (As much as I love McQueen, he is clearly not the goofball type.)

Speaking of Steve McQueen, there were a lot of stories about him in the tabloids over the years. A story that was published after Robert Vaughn passed away was McQueen slept with Vaughn. That story was probably published just to make gullible people buy copies.

The Vaughn- McQueen encounter sounds like pure slash fiction but hey you never know.... : )

• jinsinna13 likes this

#40 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

I thought Pratt was sexy even when he was heavier in "Parks and Recreation"

It's easy to forget Chris Pratt was heavier, but he was sexy then and is sexy now. Some guys just never go out of style.

Pratt also played the Steve McQueen counterpart in the remake of The Magnificent Seven. It wasn't as good as the original (which I love), but Pratt was able to steal the show by making his character a wisecracking goofball. (As much as I love McQueen, he is clearly not the goofball type.)

Speaking of Steve McQueen, there were a lot of stories about him in the tabloids over the years. A story that was published after Robert Vaughn passed away was McQueen slept with Vaughn. That story was probably published just to make gullible people buy copies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users