We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Male Beauty In The Movies

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Steve McQueen

triumph-tr6-trophy-3.jpg?3a689a

9189afaa08ee7b313c11eaf2c7dbc7c8.jpg

• jinsinna13 likes this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#42 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Chris Pratt

heres-how-chris-pratt-got-in-such-great-

ed26f42c20d118e3f38a1848add8c4ba--hot-ch

• jaragon, CountVictorGrazinsky and jinsinna13 like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#43 CountVictorGrazinsky

CountVictorGrazinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

The handsome Mr Bomer was born to be a movie star

f2804e8fbb9839cb88e859f9d8e2741a--christ

• ChristineHoard, jaragon, rayban and 1 other like this

#44 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

Happy Birthday Mr Saxon https://youtu.be/4NGyCvEPx3o

• rayban and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

#45 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

On Watch What Happens,  Live,  what you state is how Bomer came off.    This is what I like about the show's format:  even for actors it is difficult to try to mask ones' true self.    

Bomer charmed my pants off and I'm not gay!

In an interview this past Friday on "Access Hollywood", Kelsey Grammer (of all people) one of the stars of "The Last Tycoon", said that Matt Bomer is "the most beautiful man".

• jaragon and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#46 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Jonathan Brandis. Like River Phoenix, Brandis was a talented and beautiful child star who left us too soon.

jonathan-brandis-2.jpg

• jinsinna13 likes this

#47 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

On Watch What Happens,  Live,  what you state is how Bomer came off.    This is what I like about the show's format:  even for actors it is difficult to try to mask ones' true self.    

Yes, he is charming.

• CountVictorGrazinsky likes this

#48 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Matt Bomer is one of the most stunning looking men I've ever seen.  What makes him more even attractive is he seems like a genuinely nice guy and not full of himself.  Looks like he takes his work seriously, but not himself.

• ChristineHoard and rayban like this

#49 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Matt Bomer is one of the most stunning looking men I've ever seen.  What makes him more even attractive is he seems like a genuinely nice guy and not full of himself.  Looks like he takes his work seriously, but not himself.

I remember seeing him on WHITE COLLAR a few times. I can't remember if I saw him on GUIDING LIGHT before I stopped watching but one of the web sites I follow very recently ran a clip of him in MAGIC MIKE and he was awesome (it may have been "Vulture" as there was an interview with him).  Not only did he perform an extremely sexy striptease, his character seemed to be enjoying himself and he had a great smile.  That clip led to a couple NORMAL HEART clips and he was very, very good as was Mark Rufalo,  I hope HBO runs it again as I didn't have HBO when it was originally on.

Nice to see a really good looking guy from "the younger generation"* with the acting chops who can appeal to everybody. 

* at least from my point of view.   ^_^

• jaragon, rayban and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

#50 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

The handsome Mr Bomer was born to be a movie starhttps://youtu.be/Vj6nT0uiBdE

• ChristineHoard, rayban and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

#51 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Did anyone else see Matt Bomer on Watch What Happens,  Live,   last night?

He was funny and charming.     Andy and Matt appear to be close and the show had a great vibe.

Of course he was promoting his newest work;  The Last Tycoon.   

(note that the 1976 film is one of the last great 'transitional' era films,  with studio-era heavyweights like Robert Mitchum,  Dana Andrews,  and Ray Milland,  and current superstars in De Niro,  and Nicholson,  also actress Jeanne Moreau,  Theresa Russell, and Anjelica Huston ).

PS:  Edited to say that Tony Curtis was also in the 1976 version.      

• jaragon and rayban like this

#52 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Jack O'connel rough trade beautyhttps://youtu.be/x7lcD_-P6aU

• rayban likes this

#53 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Bruce Penhall classic All American jock as B-movie starhttps://youtu.be/-jQuS8z-oTY

• rayban likes this

#54 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

Chris Pratt shows off...https://youtu.be/voz3OSgkUNM

• rayban and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

#55 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

Emilio Estevez

32b841eebf75ccc35ab1299bc2c6c534--emilio

tumblr_o5hj81rnyr1uzhe4lo1_500.jpg

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#56 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

This shot was made for slash fiction ;)

• rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#57 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#58 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

He is one of those men who has aged very well

Agree!

#59 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

He is one of those men who has aged very well

rob-lowe-directv-hed-2014.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#60 jaragon