We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Your Favourite Performances from 2014 are...

• Please log in to reply
5309 replies to this topic

#1 CinemaInternational

CinemaInternational

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Sorry it is last minute. 2014. Just because some performances are listed does not mean that some of these films are very good....

Actor
Ralph Fiennes/The Grand Budapest Hotel
Benedict Cumberbatch/The Imitation Game
Eddie Redmayne/The Theory of Everything
Bill Hader/The Skeleton Twins
Domhnall Gleeson/Ex Machina
David Oyelowo/Selma
Timothy Spall/Mr. Turner
Tony Revaloli/The Grand Budapest Hotel
John Cusack/Love and Mercy
Jake Gyllenhaal/Nightcrawler
Steve Carell/Foxcatcher
Michael Keaton/Birdman
Miles Teller/Whiplash
Manish Dayal/The Hundred Foot Journey
James Corden/Into the Woods
Paul Dano/Love and Mercy
Christopher Plummer/Elsa and Fred
Mark Ruffalo/Infinitely Polar Bear
Tobey Maguire/Pawn Sacrifice
Jack O'Connell/Unbroken
Channing Tatum/Foxcatcher

Actress
Alicia Vikander/Testament of Youth
Julianne Moore/Still Alice
Felicity Jones/The Theory of Everything
Marion Cotillard/Two Days One Night
Elizabeth Banks/Love and Mercy
Amy Adams/Big Eyes
Kirsten Wiig/The Skeleton Twins
Shirley MacLaine/Elsa and Fred
Nina Hoss/Phoenix
Helen Mirren/The Hundred-Foot Journey
Emily Blunt/Into the Woods
Patricia Clarkson/Learning to Drive
Reese Witherspoon/Wild
Zoe Saldana/Infinitely Polar Bear
Naomi Watts/While We're Young

Supporting Actor
J.K. Simmons/Whiplash
Taron Egerton/Testament of Youth
Mark Ruffalo/Foxcatcher
Ethan Hawke/Boyhood
Domhnall Gleeson/Unbroken
Edward Norton/Birdman
Om Puri/The Hundred Foot Journey
Alec Baldwin/Still Alice
Allen Leech/The Imitation Game

Supporting Actress
Keira Knightley/The Imitation Game
Patricia Arquette/Boyhood
Alicia Vikander/Ex Machina
Naomi Watts/Birdman
Carmen Ejojo/Selma
Laura Dern/Wild
Rene Russo/Nightcrawler
Saoirse Ronan/The Grand Budapest Hotel
Lindsay Duncan/Birdman
Kirsten Stewart/Still Alice
Tina Fey/Muppets Most Wanted
Emma Stone/Birdman
Julie Walters/Paddington
Amy Ryan/Birdman
Meryl Streep/Into the Woods
Maggie Smith/My Old Lady
Amanda Seyfried/While We're Young

Juvenile Performance
Ellar Coltraine/Boyhood
Lorelei Linklater/Boyhood
Daniel Huttlestone/Into the Woods
  • skimpole, Bogie56, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

#2 skimpole

skimpole

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

More great quotes from 2014

Captain America:  The Winter Soldier

Black Widow: You doing anything fun Saturday night?  

Captain America: Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so…no, not really.

Gone Girl (spoilers alert)

Want to test your marriage for weak spots? Add one recession, subtract two jobs. It's surprisingly effective

Nick loved a girl I was pretending to be. "Cool girl". Men always use that, don't they? As their defining compliment: "She's a cool girl". Cool girl is hot. Cool girl is game. Cool girl is fun. Cool girl never gets angry at her man. She only smiles in a chagrined, loving manner. And then presents her mouth for ****. She likes what he likes, so evidently he's a vinyl hipster who loves fetish Manga. If he likes girls gone wild, she's a mall babe who talks for football and endures buffalo wings at Hooters. When I met Nick Dunne I knew he wanted "Cool girl". And for him, I'll admit: I was willing to try. I wax-stripped my **** raw. I drank canned beer watching Adam Sandler movies. I ate cold pizza and remained a size two. I blew him, semi-regularly. I lived in the moment. I was **** game. I can't say I didn't enjoy some of it. Nick teased out in me things I didn't know existed...But Nick got lazy. He became someone I did not agree to marry. He actually expected me to love him unconditionally. Then he dragged me, penniless, to the navel of this great country and found himself a newer, younger, bouncier cool girl. You think I'd let him destroy me and end up happier than ever? No **** way. He doesn't get to win. My cute, charming, salt-of-the-earth Missouri guy. He needed to learn. Grown-ups work for things. Grown-ups pay. Grown-ups suffer consequences.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

[to Mme. Celine's corpse] You're looking so well, darling, you really are... they've done a marvelous job. I don't know what sort of cream they've put on you down at the morgue, but... I want some.

M. Gustave: [Of Mme. Celine] She was dynamite in the sack, by the way.  

Zero: ...She was 84, Monsieur Gustave.  

M. Gustave: Mmm, I've had older.        

#3 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 03:02 PM

You left out a couple that you have apparently seen, since they were among your nominees: Marshland, and The Salvation.

Thanks for pointing this out!  It must be the curse of too many one word titles to remember.

Marshland wasn't a bad cops on the hunt for a serial killer flick from Spain.

MV5BODIwNzYxMzktMTU4MS00NDVhLWFjMjktMDk1

Mercedes Leon was a stand out as a reluctant witness who comes clean when interrogated.

the-salvation-lg.jpg

And good old Jonathan Pryce made my supporting actor runner up list as a weasel Mayor in the revenge western, Salvation.  Mads Mikelsson plays the hero which was an interesting choice.  Not a great film but Pryce was top notch.

• LawrenceA and CoraSmith like this

#4 CoraSmith

CoraSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 PM

Jimmy's Hall is a drama by the 78-year old director Ken Loach. It's based on true facts in Ireland in the 1930s. Barry Ward plays Jimmy Gralton, an Irishman who returned from the USA to his birth village. He starts a community center with Irish folk dance and American dances like the lindy hop. This leads to a conflict with the local priest Father Sheridan (Jim Norton), who sees it as decadence and communist propaganda. Jim Norton radiates rigid moral authority, while Barry Ward uses subtle rebellion. 

image.jpg

Difret is an Ethiopian about a girl who's abducted for an arranged marriage and the female lawyer who defends her. Tizita Hagere won my juvenile award for her portrayal of this abuse victim. Meron Getnet plays the idealist lawyer. It gives an insight in the problems of a different culture, and it never gets boring or preachy.

difret-body2.jpg

Stations of the Cross (Kreuzweg) is a very static movie based on the fourteen stations of the via dolorosa. There is no camera movement, except at the fourteenth station. It's a complaint against a radical religious order. Léa van Acken plays an indoctrinated girl who fancies herself a holy martyr.

image.jpg

The One I Love is an absurd independent film about a couple that goes into relation therapy in an isolated house where they meet their doubles. These two people look exactly the same, but in an improved version, 20% better than the original. This leaves the lovers with a dilemma: stay with the original or take the improved version instead? Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss switch between the confused originals and their arrogant doubles. 

homepage_TheOneILove-2014-1.jpg

If I Stay is an adaptation of a young adult novel. Chloë Grace Moretz is a young cello player who wants to go to the Julliard School. She feels different than other people her age. It's a bit sentimental and meant for a young audience, but it's interesting to see Moretz in a completely different, more serious role. When she plays the cello we see her head upon the body of a professional cello player, so the fingerings are right. 

chloe-grace-moretz-if-i-stay-still.jpg

Pride is a social drama based on true events. In the 1980s there was an unlikely coalition between Welsh mine workers and the LGBT community. Their common enemy was Margaret Thatcher. I picked the supporting role of Imelda Staunton. She played Hefina Headon, an activist who played a crucial role in uniting these two very different groups.

906595_005.jpg

Boychoir is a film about the stressful life of pre-teen boys who sing with soprano voices. Garrett Wareing plays a talented but troubles boy. Kathy Bates plays the authoritarian head mistress. Dustin Hoffman prepared his role by studying the movements of real conductors.

150319_sw9ki_mlarge_boychoir_sn635.jpg

• Bogie56 and LawrenceA like this

#5 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,623 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM

I'm afraid I cannot do as good as you, Lawrence.  I've seen very few from your 'to see' list and only two figured into my performances lists.

You left out a couple that you have apparently seen, since they were among your nominees: Marshland, and The Salvation.

#6 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

Here are the movies from 2014 that I haven't seen:

The Boxtrolls

Clouds of Sils Maria

Paddington

Pride

Timbuktu

White God

X + Y

I'm afraid I cannot do as good as you, Lawrence.  I've seen vey few from your 'to see' list and only two figured into my performances lists.

clouds_jb_ks_cigs.jpg

Juliette Binoche was number two on my list of best actresses for Clouds of Sils Maria.  She plays a successful actress who is between jobs and in the midst of deciding whether to take on an emotionally charged theatre piece.  She doubts that she may be able to handle the strain.  Kirsten Stewart plays her personal assistant and reader who helps her prepare for her next role.  This was a great part for Binoche who is both a little neurotic and comfortable with her celebrity status.  She also gets to let loose when rehearsing for her next role.  Kirsten Stewart received the most accolades for this film.  She's also quite good but really unlike any PA to a megastar that I have ever encountered.  She is not very deferential and quite abusive of her employer at times.

Rafe_Spall1.jpg

Rafe Spall made my top ten list of supporting actors for X+Y.   He plays a sardonic math tutor who has withdrawn from the mainstream as he deals with MS.  He takes on a young pupil who is autistic and helps him prepare for a worldwide competition of high school mathematicians.  It's not unlike Little Man Tate in some respects.  Spall is really the life of the film as understandably the boy is very unengaging.

203ceb7c-73be-469c-9c1d-2b7db0c1868d.jpg

I would also like to highlight the performance of Erica Rivas in the Argentinian film, Wild Tales.  i believe the two of us picked her as the supporting actress of the year.  It is a fantastic part which Rivas nails in every respect.  Without giving too much away the bride goes through every conceivable emotion at her reception.  Just when you think 'well that's it' another twist and turn is added and off we go in a new hilarious direction.  So far this is the performance of the decade for me.

• LawrenceA, CoraSmith and KilgoreTrout like this

#7 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,623 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Here are the films from 2014 that were mentioned that I have not seen as yet. 

The Babadook with Essie Davis and Noah Wiseman

Calvary with Brendan Gleeson

Captain America: The Winter Soldier with Chris Evans, Robert Redford and Scarlett Johansson

Cut Bank with Michael Stuhlbarg

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with Andy Serkis

Divergent with Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet

The Drop with Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini

The Fault In Our Stars with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Eigort

Frank with Michael Fassbender and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Fury with Brad Pitt

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night with Shelia Vand

Godzilla with Bryan Cranston

Goodnight Mommy with Elias Schwartz and Lukas Schwartz

The Guest with Dan Stevens

The Homesman with Hilary Swank

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I with Jennifer Lawrence

Interstellar with Mackenzie Foy

It Follows with Maika Monroe

Love Is Strange with John Lithgow and Alfred Molina

Lucy with Scarlett Johansson

Magic In the Moonlight with Colin Firth and Emma Stone

99 Homes with Michael Shannon

Obvious Child with Jenny Slate

The One I Love with Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss

Phoenix with Nina Hoss, Nina Kunzendorf and Roman Zehrfeld

Predestination with Sarah Snook

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Eva Green

The Skeleton Twins with Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig

Testament of Youth with Alicia Vikander

The Trip to Italy with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan

22 Jump Street with Channing Tatum, Jillian Bell and Wyatt Russell

What We Do in the Shadows with Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi

I've seen these. There are several good ones here, including some that weren't among my own nominees, like It FollowsInterstellarPredestinationThe Trip to ItalyGodzilla, and Frank. As for my nominees:

What We Do in the Shadows is a mockumentary look at a group of flatmates in New Zealand who are also vampires. It's a slow-burn comedy, with some expertly used special effects. I nominated Jemaine Clement who plays the overly-dramatic vampire "lord" Vladislav. But really, everyone in this is spot on.

What-We-Do-Jemain.jpg

Testament of Youth is based on the memoir of the same name detailing the British homefront during WW1. Alicia Vikander, who has become ubiquitous of late, is excellent as the young woman struggling to find purpose while her beloved is off at the front.

testament-of-youth.jpeg

Phoenix is a German psychological drama about a concentration camp survivor (my best actress nominee Nina Hoss) who has become unrecognizable due to a facial injury and follow-up plastic surgery. She uses her anonymity to track down her ex-husband, who she believes turned her into the Nazis. I also nominated Nina Kunzendorf as the main character's best friend who helps her recuperate who obviously has feelings for the woman.

297VFXg.jpg?1

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For isn't up to the standards of the first film, but it still has its moments. I singled out Eva Green as a sex-bomb vamp who manipulates and destroys anyone in her path. It's part parody, part exploitation.

sin-mpaa.jpg

The Guest was a real surprise, a black comedy/thriller featuring a great performance from Dan Stevens as a mysterious ex-soldier who shows up unannounced at the home of a dead former platoon mate. He decides to hang around for a spell, and while most of the family thinks he's a dream, the elder daughter (played by It Follows star Maike Monroe) begins to sense that something is not quite right with him. To say more would be a spoiler, but I found the movie very enjoyable.

guest34562.jpg

Cut Bank is a rather forgettable little crime thriller starring Liam Hemsworth and Teresa Palmer, but I was very impressed with Michael Stuhlbarg's atypical turn as the small-town outcast and recluse who turns out to be more resourceful than one would imagine. In a film with such out-sized personalities as Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, and John Malkovich, Stuhlbarg manages to be the most memorable.

Cut-Bank-2.jpg

Calvary is an allegorical tale about where the Catholic church is and what its place in the modern world has become. Brendan Gleeson is very good as the world-weary priest trying to minister to a dwindling flock in a small coastal Irish village. 

calvary-banner-poster.jpg?6da836

The Babadook is an Australian horror film about a recently widowed woman (my best actress choice Essie Davis) struggling to raise her hyper-active little boy (Noah Wiseman) while still dealing with her own grief. Soon the son begins acting up, and it's related to a children's book called The Babadook, which features a top-hat-wearing demon. The audience has to decide if this pair are really being menaced by a malevolent entity, or are they suffering from grief-induced group psychosis.

1920_babadook-672x372.jpg

• Bogie56 and CoraSmith like this

#8 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Here are the films from 2014 that were mentioned that I have not seen as yet. 

Actress with Brandy Burre [documentary]

Annie with Quvenzhane Wallis

The Babadook with Essie Davis and Noah Wiseman

Bad Neighbors with Rose Byrne

Beyond the Lights with Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Minnie Driver

Bird People with Josh Charles and Anais Desmoustier

Black Coal, Thin Ice with Fan Liao

Blowfly Park with Sverrir Gudnason

Boychoir with Dustin Hoffman and Garrett Wareing

Buzzard with Joshua Burge and Joel Porrykus

Cake with Jennifer Aniston

Calvary with Brendan Gleeson

Captain America: The Winter Soldier with Chris Evans, Robert Redford and Scarlett Johansson

Catch Me Daddy with Sameena Jabeen

Cut Bank with Michael Stuhlbarg

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with Andy Serkis

Dear White People with Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Brandon Bell and Teyonah Parris

Difret with Tizita Hagere

The Dinner with Alessandro Gassman and Jacopo Olmo Antinori

Divergent with Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet

The Drop with Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini

The Duke of Burgundy with Sidse Babbett Knudsen and Chiara D’Anna

Fasten Your Seatbelts with Kasia Smutniak and Paola Minaccioni

The Fault In Our Stars with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Eigort

Faults with Leland Orser and Mary Elizabeth Winstead

The Fool with Artyom Bystrov and Natalya Surkova

Fort Tilden with Claire McNulty

Frank with Michael Fassbender and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Fury with Brad Pitt

The Gambler with John Goodman

Gemma Bovery with Fabrice Luchini

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night with Shelia Vand

Girlhood with Karidia Toure and Assa Sylla

Glass Chin with Marin Ireland

Godzilla with Bryan Cranston

The Goob with Sienna Guillory

Goodbye to Language with Heloise Godet

Goodnight Mommy with Elias Schwartz and Lukas Schwartz

The Guest with Dan Stevens

H with Robin Bartlett

Heaven Knows What with Anelle Holmes

Hippocrates with Reda Kateb

The Homesman with Hilary Swank

Horse Money with Ventura

The Hundred-Foot Journey with Helen Mirren, Manish Daval and Om Puri

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I with Jennifer Lawrence

Hungry Hearts with Adam Driver and Alba Rohrwacher

If I Stay with Chloe Grace Moretz

Interstellar with Mackenzie Foy

It Follows with Maika Monroe

Jimmy’s Hall with Barry Ward and Jim Norton

Kumiko the Treasure Hunter with Rinko Kikuchi

La Vita Oscena with Iaia Forte

Leopardi with Elio Germano and Iaia Forte

The Lesson with Margita Gosheva

Life of Riley with Sabene Azema

Lilting with Pei-Pei Cheng

Listen Up Philip with Jason Schwartzman, Jonathan Pryce, Elizabeth Moss and Krysten Ritter

The Little House with Haru Kuroki

Love at First Fight with Adele Haenel

Love Is Strange with John Lithgow and Alfred Molina

Lucy with Scarlett Johansson

Magic In the Moonlight with Colin Firth and Emma Stone

The Mend with Lucy Owen

Mommy with Antoine-Olivier Pilon, Anne Dorval and Suzanne Clement

Muppets Most Wanted with Tina Fey

My Man with Tadanobu Asano

99 Homes with Michael Shannon

Obvious Child with Jenny Slate

100 Yen Love with Sakura Ando

The One I Love with Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss

Our Family with Sosuke Ikematsu

Pale Moon with Rie Miyazawa, Satomi Kobayashi and Sosuke Ikematsu

Phoenix with Nina Hoss, Nina Kunzendorf and Roman Zehrfeld

Predestination with Sarah Snook

The Rover with Guy Pearce, Robert Pattison and Susan Prior

A Samurai Chronicle with Jun’ichi Okada

The Show Must Go On with Iaia Forte

Silent Heart with Paprika Steen

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Eva Green

Sivas with Dogan Izci

The Skeleton Twins with Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig

Something Must Break with Saga Becker

Stations of the Cross with Florian Stetter and Lea van Acken

The Tale of Princess Kaguya with Aki Asakura

Testament of Youth with Alicia Vikander

Thank You A Lot with James Hand

These Are the Rules with Emir Hadzihafzbegovic

Top Five with Chris Rock and Rosario Dawson

The Trip to Italy with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan

22 Jump Street with Channing Tatum, Jillian Bell and Wyatt Russell

Undulent Fever with Sosuke Ikematsu

The Water Diviner with Yilmaz Erdogan

What We Do in the Shadows with Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi

While We’re Young with Adam Driver

White Bird In a Blizzard with Eva Green

Wild Canaries with Lawrence Michael Levine and Sophia Takai

Winter Sleep with Haluk Bilginer, Demet Akbag and Melisa Sozen

Yves Saint Laurent with Pierre Niney

0.5mm with Sakura Ando

#9 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,623 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

Here are the movies from 2014 that I haven't seen:

Actress

Annie

Beyond the Lights

Bird People

Black Coal, Thin Ice

The Boxtrolls

Boychoir

Buzzard

Cake

Catch Me Daddy

Clouds of Sils Maria

Dear White People

Difret

The Dinner

The Duke of Burgundy

Fasten Your Seatbelts

Faults

The Fool

Fort Tilden

The French Minister

The Gambler

Gemma Bovery

Girlhood

Glass Chin

The Goob

Goodbye to Language

H.

Heaven Knows What

Horse Money

Hotel

The Hundred-Foot Journey

Hungry Hearts

If I Stay

Jimmy's Hall

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

La Vita Oscena

Leopardi

The Lesson

Life of Riley

Lifting

Listen Up Philip

The Little House

Love at First Sight

Marshland

The Mend

Mommy

Monica Z

Muppets Most Wanted

My Man

9 Month Stretch

Nobody Owns Me

100 Yen Love

Our Family

Paddington

Pale Moon

Pride

The Rover

The Salvation

A Samurai Chronicle

The Show Must Go On

Silent Heart

Sivas

Stations of the Cross

Suzanne

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Thank You a Lot

These are the Rules

Timbuktu

Top Five

Undulant Fever

Walking On Sunshine

The Water Diviner

When We're Young

White Bird in a Blizzard

White God

Wild Canaries

Winter Sleep

X + Y

Yves Saint Laurent

0.5mm

#10 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

The Japanese Academy Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Jun’ichi Okada, The Eternal Zero* (13)

Best Actress

Rie Miyazawa, Pale Moon*

Best Supporting Actor

Jun’ichi Okada, A Samurai Chronicle*

Best Supporting Actress

Haru Kuroki, The Little House*

—————————————————————————————

Japan’s Blue Ribbon Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Tadanobu Asano, My Man*

Best Actress

Sakura Ando, 0.5mm and 100 Yen Love*

Best Supporting Actor

Sosuke Ikematsu, Pale Moon and Undulant Fever and  Our Family*

Best Supporting Actress

Satomi Kobayashi, Pale Moon*

#11 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

The Canadian Screen Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Antoine-Olivier Pilon, Mommy*

Best Actress

Anne Dorval, Mommy*

Best Supporting Actor

John Cusack, Map to the Stars*

Best Supporting Actress

Suzanne Clement, Mommy* 

——————————————————————————————

The Australian Film Institute Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

David Gulpilil, Charlie’s Country* (13)

Best Actress

Sarah Snook, Predestination* 

Best Supporting Actor

Yilmaz Erdogan, The Water Diviner*

Best Supporting Actresses

Susan Prior, The Rover*

#12 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Italy’s 13/14 Nastro d’Argento Film Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Fabrizio Bentivoglio, Human Capital* (13)

Best Actress

Kasia Smutniak, Fasten Your Seatbelts*

Best Supporting Actors

Carlo Buccirosso and Paolo Sassanelli, Song ‘e Napule* (13)

Best Supporting Actress

Paola Minaccioni, Fasten Your Seatbelts*

Italy’s 14/15 David di Donatello Awards for 2014 included …

Best Actor

Elio Germano, Leopardi*

#13 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

France’s Cesar Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Pierre Niney, Yves Saint Laurent*

Best Actress

Sandrine Kiberlain, 9 Month Stretch*

Best Supporting Actor

Niels Arestrup, The French Minister*

Best Supporting Actress

Adele Haenel, Suzanne*

—————————————————————————————

Sweden’s Guldbagge Awards for 2014 were…

Best Actor

Mikhael Persbrant, Nobody Owns Me*

Best Actress

Edda Magnason, Monica Z*

Best Supporting Actor

Sverrir Gudnason, Monica Z*

Best Supporting Actress

Anna Bielkerud, Hotel*

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

Here are some performances from 2014 that will be recognized in subsequent years …

Michael Shannon will win the Los Angeles Film Critics Best Supporting Actor Award and be nominated by the National Society of Film Critics, the Independent Spirit Awards, the Broadcast Film Critics, the Toronto Film Critics, the Screen Actors Awards and Golden Globes in 2015 for 99 Homes (2014).

Kristen Stewart will win the New York Film Critics, National Society of Film Critics, Boston Society of Film Critics Best Supporting Actress Award and be nominated for the Los Angeles Film Critics and Toronto Film Critics Best Supporting Actress Award in 2015 for Clouds of Sils Maria (2014).

Alicia Vikander will win the Los Angeles, Washington DC and Toronto Film Critics and be nominated for the National Society of Film Critics and BAFTA Best Supporting Actress Award in 2015 for Ex Machina (2014).

Nina Hoss will win the Toronto Film Critics Association Best Actress Award and be nominated for the National Society of Film Critics Best Actress Award in 2015 for Phoenix (2014).

Elizabeth Banks will be nominated for the National Society of Film Critics Best Supporting Actress Award in 2015 for Love & Mercy (2014).

Paul Dano will win the Boston Society of Film Critics Best Actor Award and be nominated for the Golden Globes, the Independent Spirit Awards and th Washington DC Film Critics Best Supporting Actor Award in 2015 for Love & Mercy (2014).

Marin Ireland will be nominated for the Independent Spirit Awards Best Supporting Actress Award in 2015 for Glass Chin (2014).

Robin Bartlett will be nominated for the Independent Spirit Awards Best Supporting Actress Award in 2015 for H. (2014).

Alessandro Gassman will win Italy’s Nastro d’Argento Film Journalists Best Actor Award in 15/16 for The Dinner (2014).

#15 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

The 2014 Venice Film Festival winners were:

Best Actors

Adam Driver, Hungry Hearts*

Emir Hadihafizbegovic, These Are the Rules*

Elio Germano,  Leopardi*

Dogan Izci, Sivas*

Jacopo Olmo Antinori, The Dinner*

Best Actresses

Alba Rohrwacher, Hungry Hearts*

Iaia Forte, La Vita Oscena and Leopardi and The Show Must Go On*

—————————————————————————————————

The 2014 San Sebastian Film Festival winners were…

Best Actor

Javier Gutierrez, Marshland*

Best Actress

Paprika Steen, Silent Heart*

The 2014 Moscow International Film Festival winners were …

Best Actor

Tadanobu Asan, My Man*

Best Actress

Natalka Polovynka, Brothers: The Final Confession* (13)

#16 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

The 2014 Berlin International Film Festival winners were…

Best Actor

Fan Liao, Black Coal, Thin Ice*

Best Actress

Haru Kuroki, The Little House*

The 2014 Cannes Film Festival winners were…

Best Actor

Timothy Spall, Mr. Turner*

Best Actress

Julianne Moore, Maps to the Stars*

#17 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

The Golden Globe Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor in a Drama

Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything*

David Oyelowo, Selma

Jake Gyllenhaal, Nightcrawler

Benedict Cumberbatch, The Imitation Game

Steve Carrell, Foxcatcher

Best Actress in a Drama

Julianne Moore, Still Alice*

Felicity Jones, The Theory of Everything

Reese Witherspoon, Wild

Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl

Jennifer Aniston, Cake

Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical

Michael Keaton, Birdman*

Joaquin Phoenix, Inherent Vice

Bill Murray, St. Vincent

Christoph Waltz, Big Eyes

Ralph Fiennes, The Grand Budapest Hotel

Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical

Amy Adams, Big Eyes*

Quvenzhane Wallis, Annie

Helen Mirren, The Hundred Foot Journey

Julianne Moore, Maps to the Stars

Emily Blunt, Into the Woods

Best Supporting Actor

J.K. Simmons, Whiplash*

Edward Norton, Birdman

Robert Duvall, The Judge

Ethan Hawke, Boyhood

Mark Ruffalo, Foxcatcher

Best Supporting Actress

Patricia Arquette, Boyhood*

Jessica Chastain, A Most Violent Year

Meryl Streep, Into the Woods

Emma Stone, Birdman

Keira Knightley, The Imitation Game

#18 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

The Screen Actors Guild Awards for 2014 were ….

Best Actor

Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything*

Steve Carell, Foxcatcher

Michael Keaton, Birdman

Best Actress

Jennifer Aniston, Cake

Felicity Jones, The Theory of Everything

Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl

Reese Witherspoon, Wild

Best Supporting Actor

J.K. Simmons, Whiplash*

Robert Duvall, The Judge

Ethan Hawke, Boyhood

Edward Norton, Birdman

Mark Ruffalo, Foxcatcher

Best Supporting Actress

Emma Stone, Birdman

Meryl Streep, Into the Woods

Naomi Watts, St. Vincent

#19 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

The British Independent Film Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Brendan Gleeson, Calvary* 

Asa Butterfield, X + Y

Jack O’Connell, ’71

Timothy Spall, Mr. Turner

Best Actress

Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Belle* (13) 

Alicia Vikander, Testament of Youth

Pei-Pei Cheng, Lifting

Sameena Jabeen Ahmed, Catch Me Daddy

Best Supporting Actor

Andrew Scott, Pride* 

Ben Schnetzer, Pride

Michael Fassbender, Frank

Rafe Spall, X + Y

Sean Harris, ‘71

Best Supporting Actress

Imelda Staunton, Pride* 

Dorothy Atkinson, Mr. Turner

Maggie Gyllenhaal, Frank

Sally Hawkins, X + Y

Sienna Guillory, The Goob

#20 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,011 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

The Independent Spirit Awards for 2014 were …

Best Actor

Michael Keaton, Birdman*

Andre Benjamin, Jimi: All Is By My Side (13)

John Lithgow, Love Is Strange

David Oyelowo, Selma

Best Actress

Rinko Kikuchi, Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Jenny Slate, Obvious Child

Tilda Swinton, Only Lovers Left Alive (13)

Marion Cotillard, The Immigrant (13)

Best Supporting Actor

J.K. Simmons, Whiplash* 

Edward Norton, Birdman

Ethan Hawke, Boyhood

Alfred Molina, Love Is Strange

Riz Ahmed, Nightcrawler

Best Supporting Actress

Jessica Chastain, A Most Violent Year

Emma Stone, Birdman

Carmen Ejogo, Selma

Andrea Suarez Paz, Stand Clear of the Closing Doors (13)

Edited by Bogie56, 18 September 2017 - 12:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users