We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

2016 Guest Wish List

2016 TCM Cruise Guests guest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 movieman1989

movieman1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

I'm curious if they will try to get Leslie Caron again. She was supposed to come last year, but ended up having to cancel. Every year I have gone, at least one of the guests was unable to go. My first time it was Bob Mackie, then Roger Corman, (who thankfully came the following year), then Leslie Caron.

#2 djsmith773

djsmith773

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

How about some more from the "golden" age?  Doris Day, Rhonda Fleming, Vera Miles, Anne Jeffreys, Dina Merrill, Barbara Rush, Gloria DeHaven, Mitzi Gaynor, Joan Collins, Kim Novak, Claire Bloom, JoAnne Woodward, Angela Lansbury, Olivia De Havilland, Dorothy Malone, Marge Champion, Janis Paige, Terry Moore, Nancy Olsen, Debra Paget, Marsha Hunt.

• djsmith773 and couturecocktails like this

#3 HelenBaby2

HelenBaby2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

I've been on 4 of 5 cruises and I've put Mel & Julie on my surveys as people that I'd like to see. They're both still kicking so in the future I'll list them for you. LOL.

#4 movieman1989

movieman1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

I have a feeling that Debbie might not be in the best of health these days, but I don't really know. She wasn't able to come to the ceremony to receive the Jean Hersholt award and the clip I saw the other day has her son talking about her receiving it. She was pretty good on the cruise a couple of years ago.

I would think I'd died and gone to wherever if Julie Andrews were to come on the next one. I love her so much, but I don't know if she is interested in this sort of thing. Dick Van Dyke would be great too. A couple of others I'd like to see would be Mel Brooks and James Earl Jones. I also think it would be fun to have a few of the old child stars from Disney like Hayley Mills, but it seems like a lot of them that I liked such as James MacArthur & Kevin Corcoran are gone now.

I'm booked now and I'm glad this time we'll be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami. I'm beginning to hate that place.

I would just die if Mel Brooks came (Carl Reiner would be good too)! I didn't put him on my list because every year prior I have put someone who I really want to see, and they unfortunately pass away before they announce the guests! It happened with Lauren Bacall and Omar Sharif, so I am always wary with who I put.

#5 HelenBaby2

HelenBaby2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

I have a feeling that Debbie might not be in the best of health these days, but I don't really know. She wasn't able to come to the ceremony to receive the Jean Hersholt award and the clip I saw the other day has her son talking about her receiving it. She was pretty good on the cruise a couple of years ago.

I would think I'd died and gone to wherever if Julie Andrews were to come on the next one. I love her so much, but I don't know if she is interested in this sort of thing. Dick Van Dyke would be great too. A couple of others I'd like to see would be Mel Brooks and James Earl Jones. I also think it would be fun to have a few of the old child stars from Disney like Hayley Mills, but it seems like a lot of them that I liked such as James MacArthur & Kevin Corcoran are gone now.

I'm booked now and I'm glad this time we'll be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami. I'm beginning to hate that place.
  • movieman1989 likes this

#6 movieman1989

movieman1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

I'm just curious who everyone would like to see on this years cruise? In the past I've put down Veronica Cartwright, Alan Alda, Haley Mills, Doris Day, and Shirley MacLaine, just to name a few. I would love to see Debbie Reynolds even though she's been on before; I wasn't on that cruise, and everyone says she was fantastic, even better than Ruta Lee who in my opinion was easily one of the best last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users