We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Why so GLUM TCM?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1924sherlockjr

1924sherlockjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

I would like to see more intro/exit comments on the comedy movies that the course is highlighting.  With the TCM Noir, the only movies that had intro/exit comments were the 3 during prime time on Fridays.  The Slapstick movies are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but I am sure the intro/exit comments are also just on prime time.  The next time a class is connected to TCM it would be wonderful if all the related programs had some type of intro/exit, even if it is just the TCM shorts they do on some of the main stars.  I have seen shorts on the Marx Brothers, Harold Lloyd, Lucille Ball, etc. and those would even be a nice intro before the movie.

#2 first Maggie

first Maggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:16 AM

Please show less repeats, and more older comedies again. These 60s, through 80s, up unto today even, are already shown on Encore and many channels. Americans have enough gloom and doom on the news channels. Where is our old TCM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users