We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

BBC's The Night Manager coming to AMC this month

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

This one is getting very dark - and it is loaded with commercials - but Tom Hiddleston could probably carry me through anything.

That face, those lips, that bod!

I am crazy for the man.

I saw it on the BBC, no commercials, but the BBC seems to be making more deals with commercial U.S. cable channels, and AMC commercials are endless!  I'm watching it again though; DVR'd it last night and will watch episode 2 tonight.

• rayban likes this

#22 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:18 AM

This one is getting very dark - and it is loaded with commercials - but Tom Hiddleston could probably carry me through anything.

That face, those lips, that bod!

I am crazy for the man.

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#23 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Tom Hiddleston is also the star of High-Rise, a movie which opens next month. Crazy movie and Tom is terrific.

The Night Manager gets even better.  You've had a glimpse of the very camp gay character, played by Tom Hollander. More of him in the upcoming episodes.  Olivia Colman as Angela Burr is brilliant.

I am looking forward to the remaining episodes.

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#24 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Excellent first episode, and I am in love with Tom Hiddleston. 

Tom Hiddleston is also the star of High-Rise, a movie which opens next month. Crazy movie and Tom is terrific.

The Night Manager gets even better.  You've had a glimpse of the very camp gay character, played by Tom Hollander. More of him in the upcoming episodes.  Olivia Colman as Angela Burr is brilliant.

• rayban likes this

#25 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

Excellent first episode, and I am in love with Tom Hiddleston. 

• Swithin likes this

#26 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

I would see this for Loki ( Tom Hiddleston)

You might also like the new film High-Rise, in which Hiddleston stars. It opens in the U.S. next month.

#27 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hollander has been a welcome presence in films for the past couple of decades. Glad to hear he has a good role to sink his teeth into.

He was a hilariously campy character in Bedrooms and Hallways (as the object of Hugo Weaving's lust). On stage, he was Macheath in The Threepenny Opera (1994) -- an updated version and the best production of that show I've ever seen. Here's Hollander as Macheath singing "The Ballad of the Easy Life:"

https://www.youtube....h?v=UbzGal8SCa0

• LawrenceA likes this

#28 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,493 posts
  • LocationThe Overlook Hotel

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

Hollander has been a welcome presence in films for the past couple of decades. Glad to hear he has a good role to sink his teeth into.

• rayban likes this

#29 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

I would see this for Loki ( Tom Hiddleston)

#30 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

Having just returned from London, I saw the BBC's The Night Manager, based on a book by John le Carre. It's quite a good six-part series, with an exceptional cast and great production values. It comes to AMC beginning April 19. I mention it in this thread because there is one gay character, played by the great Tom Hollander. The character, Major Lance Corcoran, is a villain, though he has his reflective side. Most of his moments, however, consist of being one of the bitchiest, campiest characters I've seen on TV recently.

("Lecherous, scheming and an inveterate boozer, there was something oddly human about Corky...")

Here's a posed photo of the cast (Hollander at far right); a production photo of the character in question; and a link (with spoilers!) to information about this fascinating gay character.

100742.jpg

the-night-manager-2.jpg?w=1080&h=721

http://www.radiotime...e-night-manager

• LawrenceA and rayban like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users