We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Classic Films with a Gay Twist

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

It's a very "real" moment in the film.

In "Goodbye Again", Yves Montand caresses Perkins' chin in a drunk scene.

Perkins had the kind of "allure" that could appeal to both women and men.

In "Goodbye Again", Ingrid Bergman wanted to have an actual affair with him.

But Perkins just could not do it.

He did not become a heterosexual until the age of 39 when he met Victoria Principal.

Perkins had that boyish charm which must have lured both his female and male co-stars. 

• rayban likes this

#2 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

There is a scene in which Thanos says goodby to Alexis by kissing him on the neck- Perkins gives Vallone a look which goes beyond a father/son bond- maybe I'm just reading subtext

It's a very "real" moment in the film.

In "Goodbye Again", Yves Montand caresses Perkins' chin in a drunk scene.

Perkins had the kind of "allure" that could appeal to both women and men.

In "Goodbye Again", Ingrid Bergman wanted to have an actual affair with him.

But Perkins just could not do it.

He did not become a heterosexual until the age of 39 when he met Victoria Principal.

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#3 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

"Phaedra" (1962)  Thanos ( Raf Vallone) falls in love with Alexis ( Anthony Perkins) the son of his new wife Phaedra ( Melina Mercouri)

There is a scene in which Thanos says goodby to Alexis by kissing him on the neck- Perkins gives Vallone a look which goes beyond a father/son bond- maybe I'm just reading subtext

• rayban likes this

#4 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

"Phaedra" (1962)  Thanos ( Raf Vallone) falls in love with Alexis ( Anthony Perkins) the son of his new wife Phaedra ( Melina Mercouri)

• rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#5 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Desire Under The Elms (1958)

A farmer's (Burl Ives) new husband (James MacArthur) has a forbidden romance with the farmer's son (Anthony Perkins).

Now this would be hot

#6 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Desire Under The Elms (1958)

A farmer's (Burl Ives) new husband (James MacArthur) has a forbidden romance with the farmer's son (Anthony Perkins).

• jaragon, rayban and jinsinna13 like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#7 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Someone must be a fan of the new "Hawaii FiveO"

I've only seen a few episodes of the new Hawaii Five-O, but I admire both Alex and Scott. They are such beautiful men. Remember when I mentioned them in the Handsome Men Who did Not become Movie Stars thread? We talked about them quite a bit in that thread.

• jaragon and rayban like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#8 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

Into the Blue (2005)

Samantha Nicholson (Jessica Alba) accompanies her gay best friend, Jared (Paul Walker), Jared's lover, Bryce (Scott Caan), and Bryce's new "conquest", Alex (Alex O'Loughlin), on an adventure to find treasure at the bottom of the ocean. It would not be a movie without Bryce having love scenes with both Jared and Alex.

Someone must be a fan of the new "Hawaii FiveO"

• jinsinna13 likes this

#9 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

Into the Blue (2005)

Samantha Nicholson (Jessica Alba) accompanies her gay best friend, Jared (Paul Walker), Jared's lover, Bryce (Scott Caan), and Bryce's new "conquest", Alex (Alex O'Loughlin), on an adventure to find treasure at the bottom of the ocean. It would not be a movie without Bryce having love scenes with both Jared and Alex.

A little too much action, I think, for Bryce.

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#10 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

Into the Blue (2005)

• jaragon, rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#11 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

"Butterflies are Free" (1972)

Don ( Edward Albert) moves into his own apartment against the wishers of his over protective mother and falls in love with is free thinking next door neighbor ( Jan Michael Vincent)

• rayban likes this

#12 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

Elizabethtown (2005)

A young man (Orlando Bloom) returns to his childhood home after the death of his father and meets a gay manic pixie dream boy (Matt Bomer) who urges him to come out of his shell.

• jaragon and rayban like this

#13 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 AM

My Boss's Son (2003)

Tom Stansfield (Ashton Kutcher) falls in love with his boss's (Terrence Stamp) son (Christopher Masterson), Logan.

#14 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

"The Haunting" (1963) Dr Markway ( Richard Johnson) and Luke Sanderson ( Russ Tamblyn) fall in love while investigating the paranormal activity at haunted mansion.  

#15 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

" I Spit on your Grave" (1978) A young gay man who is left for dead after an attack by gang seeks revenge on the homophobic thugs.

• rayban likes this

#16 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

"The Time Machine" (1960) George ( Rod Taylor) uses his new invention to explored  the future were he falls in love with an Eloi ( Richard Chamberlain) but will his BFF David (Alan Young) approve?

#17 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

"Vertigo" (1958)  Scottie Ferguson ( James Steweart) a man with a extreme fear of heights becomes obsessed with Mark Elster ( Tab Hunter) a mysterious young man he has been hired to follow.

• rayban likes this

#18 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

Fresh Horses (1988)

A college student (Andrew McCarthy) falls in love with a mysterious boy (Rob Lowe), and his life falls apart.

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#19 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Say Anything (1989)

A recent high school graduate (John Cusack) falls in love with the valedictorian (Andrew McCarthy).

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#20 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

"The Getaway" (1972) Doc McCoy ( Steve McQueen) an ex con and his partner/lover Carl ( Ryan O'neal)  go on the run after a bank robbery goes wrong.

• rayban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users