We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Bernie Sanders!

• Please log in to reply
855 replies to this topic

#41 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

• darkblue likes this

#42 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Bernie Sanders' Town Hall in the Heart of Coal Country-

The Vermont senator succeeded where many Democrats have failed of late—by connecting with red-state voters.

http://www.alternet....rt-coal-country

Nearly everybody likes Bernie.

That's why he would've smoked Trump in the election.

If only the DNC wasn't so corrupt.

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#43 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Bernie Sanders' Town Hall in the Heart of Coal Country-

The Vermont senator succeeded where many Democrats have failed of late—by connecting with red-state voters.

http://www.alternet....rt-coal-country

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#44 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

Bernie Sanders Visits West Virginia for Town Hall Meetings.  Topics healthcare, mining, opioid abuse.

http://www.wvgazette...ties-nationwide

Bernie.... ‘If we don’t do it together, who’s going to do it?’ and  Coal miners deserve more respect for what they’ve provided. 

Well Bernie, if you want to win the hearts of West Virginians, you know what's dear to us! (respect and JOBS)  :mellow: 

http://www.wvgazette...-going-to-do-it

If you want to be our knight in shining armor, come back in 3 1/2 years and see if it fits. :D

EP-170319863.jpg?s=1489363200072

Edited by hamradio, 13 March 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#45 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Here's a topic that scares the **** out of the Democratic Party:

#46 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

Sanders on TrumpCare bill:

"....this really has nothing to do with healthcare. What this has everything to do with is a massive shift of wealth from working people and middle-income people to the richest people in this country. It is a 275 billion dollar tax break for the top two percent.

Millionaires will get about $50,000 a year in tax breaks, while at the same time 5-10 million people are going to lose their health insurance, premiums are going to soar.

The AARP says that if you are 64 years of age and you’re making about 25,000 a year, you’re going pay up to $7,000 more for you’re health insurance.

They’re going to defund Planned Parenthood. Deny over 2 million the right to choose they healthcare that they need.

They’re going to decimate Medicaid, which is why the American Medical Association, the AMA, and the American Hospital Association oppose it, in addition to the AARP.

This is a disgrace, and by the way, they are so cowardly that they want to go forward before the CBO gives an estimate of what it will cost, and how many people will lose their insurance.”....

http://www.politicus...82-seconds.html

• Bogie56 likes this

#47 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

"an abuse of the tax code that needs to stop, and that’s what Senator Bernie Sanders intends to do with a bill he is sponsoring called the “Corporate Tax Dodging Prevention Act.” Sanders’ bill would hit corporations where they hurt, imposing large taxes and penalties on corporations’ offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere.

But though Sanders is intending to target these offshore accounts, he is only planning to tax them the corporate fair share –

And when corporations don’t pay their fair share, it’s small businesses and middle-class families that are left picking up the tab.

The state of corporate welfare in this country is out of control, and as the Senator noted, studies have shown that more than 100 large corporations in America avoided paying any corporate taxes at all at least once in the last decade. Worse still is that some were able to pay “less than zero” because of federal rebates....

https://trofire.com/...ir-share-taxes/

• darkblue likes this

#48 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:46 AM

#49 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

I'm of the belief that Trump would like nothing better than terrorist attacks on the homeland.  He could high-five himself, gather more support from terrified citizens and seize more power.

Kinda like the "silver lining" of the 911 attacks for the Republican administration of Bush/Cheney and their horde of cretinous Cabinet people. They were able to cite 911 as an excuse for every un-American policy they perpetrated for years.

#50 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders — US Senator for Vermont

This isn’t about keeping America safe. A president responsible for keeping our citizens safe would not hand over ideological ammunition to terrorists seeking new recruits to kill Americans."

I'm of the belief that Trump would like nothing better than terrorist attacks on the homeland.  He could high-five himself, gather more support from terrified citizens and seize more power.

#51 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders — US Senator for Vermont
5 hrs ·

"Let’s call it what it is. This ban is a racist and anti-Islamic attempt to divide us up. A president who respected our traditions of religious freedom would not have resorted to hateful, anti-Islamic rhetoric to justify a ban on travel from six Muslim-majority countries.

Even the Department of Homeland Security has said that citizenship is not a factor in terrorist threats. This isn’t about keeping America safe. A president responsible for keeping our citizens safe would not hand over ideological ammunition to terrorists seeking new recruits to kill Americans."

• Bogie56 likes this

#52 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

• Bogie56 likes this

#53 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

• BelleLeGrand1 likes this

#54 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

#55 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

#56 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

#57 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

Merged the thread 'DNC Insists on Remaining Corrupt' into this thread.

#58 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:58 PM

Moved Above Mod's Message.

#59 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

#60 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

"Hopefully, the unanimous court ruling against President Trump’s immigration ban will restore some of the damage he has done to our country’s reputation around the world. It also may teach President Trump a lesson in American history and how our democracy is supposed to work here at home....

This was a good day for our system of checks and balances."

-B. Sanders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users