We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Anyone else having a difficult time getting On the Bds and Replying?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Stephan55

Stephan55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

This morning was very slow so I went for a 3 hour hike.    Working fine now.

I wondered if it had to do with the start of the college football season????     e.g. people streaming games and eating up bandwidth?

Just a theory. 

For those now using the Win 10  OS there is an additional variable to be considered.... Win 10 controls the users bandwidth when connected to the internet.

Telemetry software allows MS to constantly monitor and "adjust" user systems at MS's discretion. Should the user be online, with a low end or resource limited device, at the same time as MS is "silently" doing their "thing" in the background, one can notice sluggish behavior with their system. Individual sluggishness can vary from system to system.

So in addition to a host of other factors.... such as: Cable or Satellite issues; The users internet provider (which could either be experiencing problems or be diverting or altering their bandwidth at the provider's discretion); Whether the user is on Wi-Fi or direct Ethernet; The brand and model of the users modem and/or router (and whether or not they are functioning as they should); Heavy seasonal or time-of-day sensitive local web traffic at the user end; Whether the "Cloud" based server/s that are being accessed at the time are experiencing heavy traffic or functioning as they should; Anti-virus/anti-malware programs which may be in the process of updating; As well as a variety of user apps, which may be running at the same time; .... yada, yada, yada...
Whether one or more of the above are occurring at the same time... Take your pick... Utilities such as Windows Task Manager can give one a glimpse of the "un-hidden" Applications, Processes, and Services that are running and what demands they are placing on System Performance. And then there are those "discreet" hidden processes from buried "Cookies," and perhaps even your own Operating Systems telemetry software which can be contributing to a noticeable "slow down." Generally these periods are self-limiting, unless there is an endemic issue, or ones system is in need of an overhaul.

If the problem is only being noticed at a particular website then that's a pretty good indicator that site is the issue. i.e. there have been several occasions when some or all of the TCM website has been running poorly, or totally inaccessible, while other websites appear to be functioning normally. Later, the TCM website will be back to "normal" (whatever that may be).

• Kid Dabb likes this

"We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"  "...They're probably watching me..."

I have been told that I have a tendency toward verbosity.

#2 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,304 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Lately, it's become increasingly difficult to access the boards, navigate, and post. It all works, just that it's been taking longer and longer to move about. Maybe this is due to increased traffic. Maybe something to do with spam prevention - or both.

Today seems to be far worse. Each posted reply seems to take 30+ seconds to complete.

Not looking for an answer.. just whining.

This morning was very slow so I went for a 3 hour hike.    Working fine now.

I wondered if it had to do with the start of the college football season????     e.g. people streaming games and eating up bandwidth?  

Just a theory. 

#3 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

Lately, it's become increasingly difficult to access the boards, navigate, and post. It all works, just that it's been taking longer and longer to move about. Maybe this is due to increased traffic. Maybe something to do with spam prevention - or both.

Today seems to be far worse. Each posted reply seems to take 30+ seconds to complete.

Not looking for an answer.. just whining.

FdX2C0H.gif

#4 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

I can't do anything here except read things. I can't sign back in after I signed out because it kept telling me it couldn't even register a "Like' button! I thought maybe signing out and back in would sort of "reboot" things. NOW I get this!-----[#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.
NOW what do I do??

Well - it looks like it won't even sign me OUT!!!!

Hello ShariD57

I've looked at your account, and I see no reason why you would be having problems.

What exactly do you mean you logged out when "it couldn't even register a 'Like Button'? Do you mean you had a problem when you tried to 'Like' a post? 

Since you were able to post, you've managed to get signed in ok. What happens when you try to log out? What happens when you try to post? 

Let me know, and we will get this figured out. 

#5 ShariD57

ShariD57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

I can't do anything here except read things. I can't sign back in after I signed out because it kept telling me it couldn't even register a "Like' button! I thought maybe signing out and back in would sort of "reboot" things. NOW I get this!-----[#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.
NOW what do I do??

Well - it looks like it won't even sign me OUT!!!!

#6 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

The last couple of hours it's been extremely difficult posting and accessing the forums in general. The main site (TCM.com) is functioning very well, however.

FdX2C0H.gif

#7 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Kid Dabb--Nice to know I'm not alone.  Hope your issue(s) are resolved soon.  Boards are moving faster, for me at least. :)

• Kid Dabb likes this

#8 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

Oh yes. This latest episode began yesterday with me. Something is afoot and it's affecting the posting format. Paragraph spacing has been removed when copy/paste is used. 

• film lover 293 and ShariD57 like this

FdX2C0H.gif

#9 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Boards are SLOW and clunky this morning: anyone else having problems?  It's only TCM--all other websites are as fast as ever.

#10 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,404 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:18 PM

Thanks filmlover and Kid. Getting to pm's is also troublesome it's taking forever or not being able to access the pm's. Definitely something going on on the bds.

#11 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

I've got it too, for the past 12 hours or so.

FdX2C0H.gif

#12 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

lavenderblue19--Yes, am having trouble with both--since last nights' spam attack.  You're not alone.

#13 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,404 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

Since last night having a very difficult time getting on the bds and posting replies. Moderator, is there a problem or update going on? anyone else having the same problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users