We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

• Please log in to reply
3475 replies to this topic

#3241 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,374 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

In his press conference just now, instead of admonishing the Russian government for hacking American emails and tampering with the election Trump has just encouraged them to do more!  He hopes that they have State Department emails from Hillary Clinton and will release them to the public.

I would think that this is not only dangerous but completely treasonous.  But if it suits his purposes, does Trump care about that?

I see a major difference between hacking private \ Non Government servers and hacking of private ones like the DNC or HRC own server.    

Of course no one (foreign government or private citizens), should hack any type of server.   Of course that didn't stop the U.S. Government under Obama from hacking into our own allies servers and other forms of spying.  

Clearly if Russian Government agents hacked into HRC private server and got access to classified US document that is a major concern but since the US Government is attempting to do the same 24 \ 7,   I don't see how they can really make a beef about this. 

At the end of the day, if Russia got access to docs on HRC private server the shame and blame is all on HRC.

#3242 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,640 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:26 AM

H E L L  no. Putin will do his best. Where are those tax returns?

#3243 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

In his press conference just now, instead of admonishing the Russian government for hacking American emails and tampering with the election Trump has just encouraged them to do more!  He hopes that they have State Department emails from Hillary Clinton and will release them to the public.

I would think that this is not only dangerous but completely treasonous.  But if it suits his purposes, does Trump care about that?

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#3244 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

The New Yorker has a good article about Trump's Art of the Deal ghost writer, Tony Schwartz who now regrets 'creating a monster.'

http://www.newyorker...riter-tells-all

It may be that's trump difficulty with a teleprompter has something to do with his attention span.  Aslo of note is that over the decades Trump has somehow convinced himself that he, himself wrote that book.

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

• mr6666 and Jlewis like this

#3245 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, Eddie Munster. LOL.

lets jump to the crux of the matter, shall we?

I accept that hillary clinton may have done nothing illegal that is discoverable but why was it so important for her to have a private server in her home??? :huh:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3246 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,640 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

I'm not a fan of the Clintons but Trump is really stretching when he claims that there are two sets of rules for prosecution of classified documents cases and uses as an example people who gave away secrets to others that were not on a security list.

Hillary Clinton did no such thing.  She passed on classified documents to people that were allowed to see them.  It is the method that she used that is under scrutiny, not whether she 'gave away' secrets.  In this sense this is just more GOP untruths and it is interesting to see who is piling on.

Yeah, Eddie Munster. LOL.

#3247 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

I'm not a fan of the Clintons but Trump is really stretching when he claims that there are two sets of rules for prosecution of classified documents cases and uses as an example people who gave away secrets to others that were not on a security list.

Hillary Clinton did no such thing.  She passed on classified documents to people that were allowed to see them.  It is the method that she used that is under scrutiny, not whether she 'gave away' secrets.  In this sense this is just more GOP untruths and it is interesting to see who is piling on.

• Jlewis and LawrenceA like this

#3248 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,640 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

I wouldn't want to be in any kind of business deal with

Donny. He had a tweet out today about the SC decision

on abortion that said something like If only Scalia were

still there or if only Trump had a chance to appoint a

new SC member, missing the fact that it was a 5-3

decision, so another judge wouldn't have made any

difference. Maybe it's hard to count with those little

fingers.

LMREO!!!!

#3249 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

No kidding. Have to be really stupid to be taken in by this guy...........

I wouldn't want to be in any kind of business deal with

Donny. He had a tweet out today about the SC decision

on abortion that said something like If only Scalia were

still there or if only Trump had a chance to appoint a

new SC member, missing the fact that it was a 5-3

decision, so another judge wouldn't have made any

difference. Maybe it's hard to count with those little

fingers.

• Bogie56 likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#3250 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,640 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

No kidding. Have to be really stupid to be taken in by this guy...........

#3251 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

His net worth dropped from 5 billion to 4.9 billion so he

is no longer one of the elite. I just love these poor blue

collar saps being taken in by Donny. It's the best "reality"

show he's ever done. There was an article in the paper

last week about all the contractors he stiffed on one of

his failed projects. Think it was the Taj Mahal. Most

of them received a fraction of what they were owed and

some got nothing. The King of Debt strikes again.

#3252 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

he covered that on tuesday when he said he used to be one of the elite...

and now he isn't. :D

Now he isn't?   I guess that's why he hasn't brought his own manufacturing jobs home as yet?  There really is one born every minute.  Another good argument for birth control.

#3253 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

In 2013 Trump was all for the current international trade deals such as NAFTA.  But I guess that doesn't play with courting ANGRY disenfranchised white American voters.  

he covered that on tuesday when he said he used to be one of the elite...

and now he isn't. :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3254 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

In 2013 Trump was all for the current international trade deals such as NAFTA.  But I guess that doesn't play with courting ANGRY disenfranchised white American voters.  

#3255 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

Apparently Trump had his American towers designed so as to not to use U.S. steel.

#3256 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,695 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

“I honestly don’t think this ‘fact-checking’ business ... is anything more than one more out of touch, elitist media-type thing,” Lord said. “I don’t think people out here in America care. What they care about are what the candidates say.” 

So says Jeffrey Lord, CNN pundit and Trump supporter. 

Jeffrey forgot to mention not only "WHAT the candidates say", but also HOW the hell they SAY it!

And of course, because ANOTHER thing "people out there in America" now days seem to "care about" is that ANY candidate who presents their arguments to them expressed at higher than an 8th grade level, is SOMEHOW an "elitist" TOO!

(...and REGARDLESS how factual or not those arguments might be)

#3257 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

Trump's surrogates are left scrambling tonight as the emperor backtracks on his total Muslim ban.  Asked what Trump means by 'vetting' and 'until we know what is going on' they all begin to sound like incoherent blithering idiots.

#3258 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,455 posts
  • LocationThe Overlook Hotel

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

“I honestly don’t think this ‘fact-checking’ business ... is anything more than one more out of touch, elitist media-type thing,” Lord said. “I don’t think people out here in America care. What they care about are what the candidates say.” 

So says Jeffrey Lord, CNN pundit and Trump supporter. 

Colin-Farrell-****.gif

#3259 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, where will Donny get his ties and shot glasses from?

• mr6666 likes this

#3260 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

In a speech the other day Donald Drumpf stated that when he becomes President he is going to punish American companies that send jobs overseas.  Well, why doesn't he set an example by folding all of his own companies?

Similarly, he criticized the Clintons for taking money for their charitable foundation from foreign countries such as in Arabia and Russia.  Countries that Trump seems to frown upon and thinks that somehow the Clintons will now be beholden to them.  This while at the same time Drumpf does business with the exact same countries in order to build his towers.  The difference though is one of these is for charities like AIDS and the other is for the enrichment of one person only.

• LawrenceA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users