We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#781 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

Trump Tower

TdFoW1Y.jpg

• Jlewis likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#782 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:46 PM

I liked it when hot and angry Teddy Cruz accused Trumpee for telling the National Inquirer, which Cruz thinks Trumpee owns stock in, that he was cheating on Heidi with five different ladies. Personally I considered that accusation hard to believe. Trumpee would more likely have told the Inquirer that Cruz was having affairs with five men instead.

#783 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

Another whopper which Trump made to make him appear to be the tough guy was the tall tale of General Pershing dipping cartridges in pig's grease or blood before executing Muslim extremists in the Philippines.  This just never happened.  Part of the story was taken from the rest Mutiny in India circa the 1850's (should check my Flashman).

Trump went on to say that Pershing let one Muslim captive live so that he could tell the story.  Never happened.

This too should have disqualified him as a Presidential candidate as it was intended to appeal to the racists.

#784 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Just what you want in your leader.

Remember when the right applauded that chucklehead Joe Wilson for shouting "You lie!" at the current president? But lying isn't a problem when ole orangutan-in-a-suit does it. When he does it, he's telling it like it is! There's some logic and reasoning for ya!

#785 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

maybe he embellished a pinch like hollywood screenwriters. :D

Just what you want in your leader.

#786 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

He said he saw it personally from his office window.  Thousands of Muslims taking to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  

maybe he embellished a pinch like hollywood screenwriters. :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#787 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:47 PM

I think on that day donny must've seen the same video I did and assigned it to the wrong place. :D

He said he saw it personally from his office window.  Thousands of Muslims taking to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  

#788 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

I myself saw video footage on that day of cheerful celebrants throwing candy to kids at the news of the 911 attacks.

the video was either from the gaza strip or the west bank, it was probably the latter so trump's assertion is far from fantasy. :D

The Gaza Strip isn't New Jersey.  Dream on.

#789 GregoryPeckfan

GregoryPeckfan

Movie Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationCanada - where we have free press

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

Sorry I was so flippant in my first post in this thread, but my best friend growing up is Muslim and after the attack in Ottawa the mosque where she married a Christian had windows broken.

I wrote my MP that I did no want Canadian Muslims to go into any camp the way Japanese Americans and Canadians did during WWII.

The thoughts of what George Takai went through as a child was very much in my mind.

• LawrenceA likes this
Peter Fonda and Gregory Peck are my heroes.

#790 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,820 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

Trump's assertions were about Muslims HERE IN THE US, not in another country. That's why it was inflammatory. Not that Muslims celebrated, but that US Muslims celebrated.

You'll have to forgive ND's for his lack of understanding in this matter, Lawrence.

You see, like the vast majority of Americans(and 5'll getcha 10, THIS includes his "savior" Donny), his mastery of the subject of Geography is found wanting, and so probably doesn't know that the Gaza Strip isn't located within one of the NYC boroughs.

(...OR that the reference to the "Westbank" ISN'T in regard to any stretch of the Hudson River on the New Jersey side of it!!!)

LOL

• Bogie56 likes this

#791 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

Trump's assertions were about Muslims HERE IN THE US, not in another country. That's why it was inflammatory. Not that Muslims celebrated, but that US Muslims celebrated.

I think on that day donny must've seen the same video I did and assigned it to the wrong place. :D

#792 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

but it gives credence to trump's notion of jubilant muslims on 911, doan it? :)

#793 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

The Gaza Strip or the Westbank is a long ways from New Jersey.

but it gives credence to trump's notion of jubilant muslims on 911, doan it? :)

#794 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

I myself saw video footage on that day of cheerful celebrants throwing candy to kids at the news of the 911 attacks.

the video was either from the gaza strip or the west bank, it was probably the latter so trump's assertion is far from fantasy. :D

The Gaza Strip or the Westbank is a long ways from New Jersey.

#795 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

This might be a fun and quite engaging thread.

My favourite is the Donald claiming that he could see thousands of Muslims taking to the streets in New Jersey from his office tower on 9/11 to celebrate the World Trade Center attack.

He never completely walked that one back.  It sort of became metaphorically speaking at some point.

Personally, I think this alone should have disqualified him from running for President of the United States.  It was so hateful and inflammatory and so not true.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#796 GregoryPeckfan

GregoryPeckfan

Movie Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationCanada - where we have free press

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

You mean this isn't a thread about Trump's favourite Burger chain?

;)

Seriously though, remember that our former PM decided it would be a good idea to put online footage of our troops who were undercover online.

Man, am I glad he's out of there.

Peter Fonda and Gregory Peck are my heroes.

#797 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

This might be a fun and quite engaging thread.

My favourite is the Donald claiming that he could see thousands of Muslims taking to the streets in New Jersey from his office tower on 9/11 to celebrate the World Trade Center attack.

He never completely walked that one back.  It sort of became metaphorically speaking at some point.

Personally, I think this alone should have disqualified him from running for President of the United States.  It was so hateful and inflammatory and so not true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users