We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Movie Title Help

WWII Robert Osborne Occupation Army Child Actor Eastern Europe American GI

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TOASTnJAM

TOASTnJAM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

You're welcome

#2 Hawaii Hawk

Hawaii Hawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

That is it!  Thank you so much :)

#3 TOASTnJAM

TOASTnJAM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

The Search (1948)

In the Post-War Berlin, an American private helps a lost Czech boy to find his mother.

Bio the of the child actor

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0417389/bio

• mr6666 likes this

#4 Hawaii Hawk

Hawaii Hawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:01 AM

Aloha!

I am trying to remember the title of a film that Robert Osborne lauded as a favorite many years ago.  The film takes place after WWII, somewhere in Eastern Europe that was occupied by American troops, but would eventually become part of the Eastern Bloc.  I am thinking Hungary, Czechoslovakia or Germany.  The film was shot on location and there was an excellent performance by a child actor who came under the wing of a GI.  I remember vividly Robert Osborne's sharing the fate of the young actor, who faced persecution once the communist regime had solidified power in the country.  I believe the film is in black and white, was produced in the late 1940s and had amazing scenes of the destruction caused by the war.

Help, sorry for being so vague!

Mahalo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWII, Robert Osborne, Occupation, Army, Child Actor, Eastern Europe, American GI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users