We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Dogs in World War One

stop motion dogs talkie 1920s 1930s black and white world war one comedy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

It may be So Quiet on the Canine Front, one of the Dogville shorts from MGM.

There's a Short Films section a little further down on the Genre message boards. There are a few short film experts that can give you a lot more info, I'm sure.

At first I though you were cracking wise and that isn't nice to do to newbie  (I have been told since I did it and got nasty PM).

But as usual you're a class act and helped someone out.          

#2 Mitchell_Hundred

Mitchell_Hundred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreater Vancouver, BC

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

That's it! That's the one! And it's one of a series! I would kiss you if we weren't separated by a vast abstraction.

• TopBilled likes this

#3 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,659 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

It may be So Quiet on the Canine Front, one of the Dogville shorts from MGM.

There's a Short Films section a little further down on the Genre message boards. There are a few short film experts that can give you a lot more info, I'm sure.

• TopBilled and Mitchell_Hundred like this

#4 Mitchell_Hundred

Mitchell_Hundred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreater Vancouver, BC

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

Okay, so I was wondering if anybody could identify a film (20 minutes, maybe half an hour in length) that I saw on TCM a few years ago. It's a black and white talkie, probably from the '20s or '30s, about dogs fighting World War One. And to be clear, I'm not talking about dogs fighting alongside humans. I'm talking about anthropomorphized dogs fighting as though they were humans, doing all the things that humans did. They walk on their hind legs through some kind of proto-stop motion, and are dubbed with human voices. It is one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen, and for the life of me I can't remember the title or find any recordings of it online.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stop motion, dogs, talkie, 1920s, 1930s, black and white, world war one, comedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users