All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MovieCollectorOH

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

I've was wondering myself, not having been familiar. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852468/?ref_=tt_cl_t9 In searching for an image, I came across a story about how he allowed a hippy commune to form on a property he owned in Hawaii. They were growing their own food, but for the most part living off of welfare and food stamps. Eventually the govt drove them out and demolished it over drugs.
  3. TopBilled

TopBilled’s Essentials

On Saturday my review for
  4. I haven't seen The Hurt Locker, but I did see Three Kings a while back. Good adventure story wrapped into a war movie. Speaking of Memorial Day, I remember a number of years ago there was a local argument about the proper day to celebrate it--on Sunday or Monday.
  5. As clueless as Donny is I don't think he's dumb enough to start a war with Iran, though the "mad mullahs" would be great movie villains. Nazis with turbans.
  6. mr6666

2020 Election

sorry, forgot the link..... from ROLLING STONE by Matt Taibbi https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/taibbi-tulsi-gabbard-bernie-sanders-trump-2020-838156/
  7. Sorry to hear about your dad. My remark about running out of wars was partly facetious. Long drawn out engagements as in Afghanistan and Iraq seem to lack the drama of ones like WWII and Vietnam. I suppose I've seen most of the usual suspects of WWII movies and, to a lesser degree, Vietnam. Like other genres, some are good. some are bad, and most are of average quality. As for Afghanistan, even the Russians knew it was time to leave after ten years.
  8. lavenderblue19

Musicals on Tap

Arturo, another clue please
  9. You shouldn't be upset or feel offended. It's silly to think that quantity of posts (as in a lower number of posts) is directly related to quality of said posts. It's a ridiculous notion in my opinion. It's really never about quantity, if you ask me...it's about how the individual poster is engaging with fellow posters on topics of interest. There's no need to put any other judgment value on it.
  10. Maybe enough people didn't die in that one.
  11. Can it be that Kim Jong Un is as leery of facing Joe Biden in the White House as Trump is concerned that Biden could get there? Kim knows he can play Trump by appealing to his ego. He won't be able to fool Biden that way. The only thing these twin idiots, Kim and Trump, do is elevate Biden's status in the Democratic race every time they mention his name. It is also transparently obvious that any poster who constantly creates put down threads about Biden only does so because of his fear of Biden becoming President.
  12. Like your current avatar pix, Lawrence. There simply aren't enough people celebrating Bunny Rabbits From Hell.
  13. lavenderblue19

Password TCM

Princess, this was on page 2, your thread
  14. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Adler, Luther
  15. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

THE IDLE RICH (1929)
  16. lavenderblue19

Retro Trivia

Miles I could name a few more but I was hoping we'd get more participation. Because of all these threads, our favorite trivia questions keep getting pushed to page 2. I hope by bumping this up to page 1 where it belongs, a few more posters will play
  17. As in LA DOLCE VITA (1960)...the sweet life, baby!
  18. MovieCollectorOH

Movie - WW2 plane crash and crew were ghosts

I noticed it is this poster's first post, yet seems almost as involved as the original posters. If this is an actual movie, then there is definitely something that has been overlooked in the usual primary resources. If the entry is indeed there, it lacks descriptors.
  19. It's long past time that some Vietnam films be added to the mix. We've delved into this issue in the past a few times, and there a few reasons that we've guessed worked against showing films about more recent conflicts: few of them are from the "classic era", many of them have a lot of graphic violence and salty language, and they may be more expensive to acquire the rights to. None of these things matter to me personally, but I can see why they may play a factor in the channel's decisions. I would add Korean conflict films as well (there are a lot more than I thought there were, as I've seen many recently), and one or two from the recent Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts, even if it were only one or two films late at night.
  20. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Movies*

The Hooded Falcon
  21. LonesomePolecat

ONE word titles

Cobra, 1925
  22. And many of them are ones that should stay that way! P.S.: I liked The Bad Seed.
  23. Today
  24. LonesomePolecat

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

THE TRAIN next Another movie about the underground/resistance
  25. LonesomePolecat

ClassiCategories

SURF'S UP cartoon THE LAST SHARK Goofy had trouble surfing in "HAWAIIAN HOLIDAY"
  26. Michael Rennie

72 hour Memorial day marathon neutered to 1 day?

I recently had surgery and am housebound. Doing all my computing with my tablet. Supposed to keep my leg elevated above my heart. Typing with just one finger. Love predictive text. It sometimes has a mind of its own. So hamradio, don't be smoking a little pot, eh? Only someone who knows, in this case, "breadboard" is not a kitchen item, will get it. Watching plenty of TV.
  27. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

One of the best numbers ever-- "When there's a shine on your shoes, there's a melody in your heart" from THE BAND WAGON Next Song with a hat in title
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us