All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. NipkowDisc

Scheer set to win most seats, according to polls

liberals invented being mortified by the wearing of blackface. to us on the right it is simply an unfortunate bygone manifestation of past history. and maybe if the democrats weren't so all fired determined to impeach trump he could think a little better not so distracted. so it's the democrats fault!
  3. Princess of Tap

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Pompeo State Department reminds me of that Agatha Christie mystery story, "And Then There Were None".
  4. lavenderblue19

It's A Wonderful Town

How To Marry a Millionaire After the intro music, the film begins with scenes of the Brooklyn Bridge, the UN Bldg, Rockefeller Center and Central Park. During the film we see the George Washington Bridge, the Hudson River, the Empire State Bldg, Times Square and of course the iconic penthouse apartment on Sutton Place with great views
  5. BingFan

Why I love TCM

In case you want to go to Eddie's Noir City events but aren't in the San Francisco area, he also holds them throughout the country. According to the write-up on the Film Noir Foundation web site, Eddie introduces films on some nights, with an FNF board member and film historian handling the duties on other nights. (Although I live in the DC area, where Eddie holds Noir City events every fall, I haven't gotten around to attending yet; we live about 60 miles from the AFI Silver Theatre, where they're held, unfortunately.) Here are the upcoming Noir City dates: NOIR CITY D.C.: Oct 11-24, 2019 NOIR CITY Xmas (San Francisco): Dec 18, 2019 NOIR CITY 18 (San Francisco): Jan 24-Feb 2, 2020 NOIR CITY Seattle: Feb 14-20, 2020 NOIR CITY Hollywood: Mar 5-15, 2020 NOIR CITY Austin: May 15-17, 2020 NOIR CITY Boston: Jun 12-14, 2020 NOIR CITY Chicago: dates TBD NOIR CITY Detroit: dates TBD
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Daniel Dale @ddale8 Can't count this as a false claim, but here is something Trump said at his rally last night: "And by the way, our great First Lady is home watching this. She said, 'This is the most exciting thing I've seen in a long time.'" 2:43 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter Web Client
  7. LawrenceA

TCM Premieres

I'm still curious what will be shown during Silent Sundays on the 27th. The Haunted Hotel (1907) is scheduled for 12:00AM ET, but it's only 7 minutes long. The time slot, though, is a full two hours, with the next scheduled film being the TCM Imports showing of The Living Skeleton (1968) at 2:00AM ET. If I don't have TCM beck by then, which is a strong likelihood, I hope someone will post about what else was shown during that 2 hours.
  8. Dr. Somnambula

Why I love TCM

I am even closer but not interested. I suppose there are obvious reasons for each event being where it is. I don't believe a film festival needs to be in Hollywood, but it is. Sounds like Eddie lives and works in San Francisco. Having his event in SF is easy for him but not everyone.
  9. Peebs

*A to Z of Movies*

Tender Mercies (1983)
  10. MilesArcher

It's A Wonderful Town

For Pete's Sake (1974) - Barbra Streisand chasing around New York.
  11. TomJH

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

"What? Bogie's criticizing me on an internet message board? Me, with my great and unmatched wisdom? Who does he think he is? A third grade actor! I never did think he was all that good in Casablanca!"
  12. lavenderblue19

Movie Trivia

Yes, it could be and it is Edmund Gwenn playing Santa in the Real Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that was filmed in the movie. The crowd did not know it was Edmund Gwenn and he also addressed the crowd when it arrived at Macy's. Good work Miles, your thread
  13. Bogie56

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

Just a reminder that not all conservatives are anything like Donald Trump. For starters, no conservative in either Canada or Great Britain would dare mess with the universal health care.
  14. MilesArcher

Movie Trivia

Could it be Edmund Gwenn playing Santa Claus in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in "Miracle On 34th Street"?
  15. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

At his Dallas rally yesterday, Trump* naturally tried to defend his decision to give the green light to Turkey to invade Syria and attack the Kurds. He likened it to letting kids go at it in the school yard to get it out of their system before you stepped in and pulled them apart. This must be little comfort to the Kurds who have now lost hundreds of more lives and have had at least 160,000 people driven from their homes. Trump knows no shame and has zero empathy for anyone but himself. He also continuously attacked the 'crazy' democrats for their impeachment testimonies when the witnesses have all come from his own administration.
  16. Today
  17. Nightbird311

*A to Z of Movies*

“Say One for Me” (1959)
  18. Nightbird311

A to Z of Characters

Simpson, Gabrielle (Audrey Hepburn in “Paris When It Sizzles”)
  19. Nightbird311

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Richard Crenna was in “The Sand Pebbles” with Richard Attenborough
  20. Arturo

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

And you don’t mean God!
  21. lavenderblue19

Retro Trivia

Many years later, after he starred in the classic famous film, he had a role in the remake of the film.
  22. BrianTcm48

The Great Lie (1941)

In "The Maltese Falcon" Sam Spade (H. Bogart) walks by a theater marquee which displays "The Great Lie".
  23. speedracer5

BLUE DENIM

Jessie's really rocking it with the embroidered denim vest and later with the denim chambray button down shirt. Jessie's jeans are surprisingly flattering. The 90s seem to be full of jeans that are oddly tight in the pelvic region but baggy everywhere else. Zack's look would be greatly improved if he'd swap the the white kicks for something else. I'm not into the jeans bunched up on top of the shoes look. There's an episode of 90210 where Dylan is rocking jeans, a dark denim button down, and a denim jacket. I think he paired his look with Docs.
  24. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

25. JakeHolman

HURRICANE DORIAN

26. HoldenIsHere

BLUE DENIM

Denim on denim Bayside style:
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ