All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Amid scattered fighting, Erdogan threatens to restart Syria operation .....Trump said Erdogan told him there had been "minor sniper and mortar fire" in the region "that was quickly eliminated" and the Turkish leader assured him in a call that "he very much wants the ceasefire, or pause, to work." Mustefa Bali, a spokesman for the Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), accused Turkey, however, of violating the ceasefire deal reached during a visit to Ankara on Thursday by US Vice President Mike Pence. "Despite the agreement to halt the fighting, air and artillery attacks continue to target the positions of fighters, civilian settlements and the hospital" in the border town of Ras al-Ain in northeastern Syria, he said...... "General Mazloum is concerned about the ceasefire holding and was emphatic that he will never agree to the ethnic cleansing of Kurds that is being proposed in Ankara," Graham said. "A buffer zone is acceptable to the Kurds but a military occupation that displaces hundreds of thousands is not a safe zone," Graham said. "It is ethnic cleansing."... https://news.yahoo.com/sporadic-clashes-syria-border-town-turkey-truce-094742010.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=tw
  3. Pulling out was one of his biggest blunders But middle American won't care & still vote for him who's gonna defeat him Biden?
  4. starliteyes

Movies by Number

Paradise for Three
  5. speedracer5

I Just Watched...

I wonder if there's a song just called "damned wailing music." It seems like every film these days is trying to be so profound and poignant and is trying to change the world. Even well known properties have to take on this dark, depressing re-telling of the story. Songs are even being covered in this fashion. Did we need to have a sad version of "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka? Well, we got one. Award acceptance speeches follow the same path. I don't even mean politically-oriented speeches. But everyone tries so hard to give a profound, earth shattering speech. The most memorable speeches are the ones that don't sound like the person has practiced giving that speech in front of the mirror the last year of their life. I love the award speeches with spontaneous profanity or something ridiculous, like Jack Palance's one-armed push-ups that one year. Even Oscar hosts aren't funny anymore. They try so hard to be quirky and funny, that they just come across as stupid and annoying. All of these attempts (in movies, songs, award speeches) at trying to be so serious, complex, abstract, with a dash of tragedy, shrouded in a color scheme of muted colors, come across as so incredibly contrived and disingenuous to me. Some of the best films are the ones that aren't trying so hard.
  6. & you know what he's like on the debating stage These people have no shot vs him
  7. I'm not especially a fan of his but he will be re-elected Look at the competition
  8. starliteyes

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

Golden Dawn
  9. starliteyes

People Pictures

The Boys from Syracuse
  10. starliteyes

Movies That Make a Statement

She Loves Me Not
  11. Peter Nicholas @PeterAtlantic · 56m Trump has been polling associates about whether to part ways with WH Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney. But Trump might be channeling his inner LBJ. It's riskier to have Mulvaney outside the tent "**** in," than the opposite. w/ @elainaplott Why Firing Mick Mulvaney Is Riskier Than Keeping Him President Trump’s third chief of staff seemed destined for the door until impeachment came along. "....people have been urging Trump to hold his acting chief in place, telling him that the risk of an aggrieved ex-official on the outside far outweighs any annoyances Trump may have with him. As President Lyndon Johnson famously said about then–FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, it’s better to keep him inside the tent “**** out” than the opposite. “The president always fears that people he either gets rid of or resigns will turn out to be a press liability,” one person close to the White House told us. “But, look, if you treat people like crap, you shouldn’t expect loyalty.” ..... by keeping Mulvaney in place, Trump can make a stronger case that Mulvaney is immune from having to testify about conversations with the president. “It becomes more difficult to control those who are no longer part of the executive branch,” ...... https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/mick-mulvaney-impeachment/600313/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share
  12. starliteyes

Long Titles (6 words + up)

13. starliteyes

Places everyone!

The Apartment
  14. CinemaInternational

I Just Watched...

How long ago do you usually stop at film-wise? Just curious because over 90% of the films I've seen this year were before 2000......
  15. starliteyes

Three in One

Juror #8 Next: Vivien Leigh, Virginia Mayo, Elizabeth Taylor
  16. cmovieviewer

TCM Premieres

Lawrence, Some of the online schedule sources are listing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920) starting at 12 am ET on the evening of the 27th, so that may resolve the mystery (1 hour 22 minute run time per IMDB). Also sorry to hear that you may be joining the ranks of those going without TCM.
  17. Princess of Tap

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Somebody needs to tell Turtle Boy who the current commander-in-chief is.
  18. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

-".... Russia and the United States are gradually starting to resume cooperation on cyber security,.."
  19. Peebs

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

6. She was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) and the DBE (Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire).
  20. Peebs

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Lom, Herbert
  21. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

Michael Jeter
  22. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Russia says it is starting to resume US cyber cooperation: TASS MOSCOW, Oct 17 (Reuters) - Russia and the United States are gradually starting to resume cooperation on cyber security, TASS news agency cited the head of Russia’s FSB Federal Security Service as saying on Thursday. Russia’s bilateral relations with the United States are at post-Cold War lows, strained by an array of issues including U.S. allegations that Russia meddled in the U.S. 2016 presidential election. ″...we are restoring these (cyber security) relations,” FSB chief Alexander Bortnikov said. (Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; writing by Tom Balmforth; Editing by Toby Chopra)....... https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/reuters-america-head-of-russian-fsb-security-service-says-russia-and-united-states-are-gradually-starting-to-resume-cooperation-on-cyber.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar
  23. Sheldon Leonard Next: old maid
  24. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Greg Sargent @ThePlumLineGS NEW: An internal Democratic polling memo I've obtained concludes Democrats can win the impeachment argument by focusing on Trump's abuses of power. But if this is the case, it argues for a *broader* impeachment inquiry, not a narrower one. New piece: Opinion | Internal Democratic poll suggests a way to bleed Trump dry The political dynamic seems to be working for Democrats. Why put an end to it? washingtonpost.com 3:51 PM · Oct 18, 2019·TweetDeck
  25. Peebs

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

David Niven was in "The Bishop's Wife" with Monty Wooley
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us