All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified account@MattGertz Fox & Friends, 7:10 am Trump, 8:10 am
  3. TikiSoo

I Just Watched...

I watched two movies this week that couldn't be more different- First, I watched THE CHOPPING MALL '86 found on free channel TubiTV. It's a typical 80's teen horror film of kids trapped in a shopping mall after hours. Since I sometimes work for malls -always after hours- this theme appeals to me. I wasn't impressed with the "horror" being security robots that malfunction and attack the kids, just awful. I'm much more frightened of humans or supernatural villains than robots. The good part was there was little blood & gore we would have seen a decade later. I only fast forwarded through one scene taking place in an air shaft because of claustrophobia. Overall it was stupid & silly but it at least kept my attention. One teen was played by future EATING RAOUL '82 star & director the late Paul Bartel. I borrowed the Criterion Collection of IL SORPASSO '62 an Italian Buddy Road Trip type movie, made in Italy. I was prompted by a post in "funniest movie you ever saw" thread here on this board. It's a pretty basic story of two very different guys-one a serious unassuming French student (played byJean Louis Trintgnant) and his polar opposite-a boisterous, wild Italian never-do-well (Vittorio Gassman) driving a teeny convertible sports car. You see all sorts of glorious Italian scenery as they travel by and beautiful little snippets of Italian life in the 60's, presumably not very different than earlier generations. You see roadside restaurants, beaches, resorts and just Italians acting in a natural, personal way...which is the beauty of the film for me, much more than the story itself. There is always tension between the two principles, but the Gassman character always prevails. The car itself is somewhat of a character, with a funny musical horn to signal "we're passing" keeping with the theme (and title) of the story. While I didn't laugh at all throughout this movie, I did enjoy it. I found Gassman abrasive at first, but stuck with it (sorry, bad pun) just for the RIDE. I didn't find it LOL funny, nor really funny at all, but instead it struck me as somewhat tragic, a metaphor for the road of life and the attitude you bring to it. I'm glad I saw this & have recommended it to my classic movie friends.
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump The Mueller Report, despite being written by Angry Democrats and Trump Haters, and with unlimited money behind it ($35,000,000), didn’t lay a glove on me. I DID NOTHING WRONG. If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court. Not only are there no “High Crimes and Misdemeanors,” there are no Crimes by me at all. All of the Crimes were committed by Crooked Hillary, the Dems, the DNC and Dirty Cops - and we caught them in the act! We waited for Mueller and WON, so now the Dems look to Congress as last hope! 8:18 AM - 24 Apr 2019
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Tony Posnanski‏Verified account@tonyposnanski Replying to @realDonaldTrump At some point you just need to be honest and tweet you hate all brown people.
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump Mexico’s Soldiers recently pulled guns on our National Guard Soldiers, probably as a diversionary tactic for drug smugglers on the Border. Better not happen again! We are now sending ARMED SOLDIERS to the Border. Mexico is not doing nearly enough in apprehending & returning! 8:00 AM - 24 Apr 2019
  7. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified accou@MattGertz Trump subsequently switched over to live-tweeting Fox & Friends via TiVo. Fox & Friends, 6:03 am Doocy says "mother of all caravans" grew to 20,000 people and has been cut to 10K thanks to Mexico. Trump, 7:25 am
  8. TopBilled

Where movie characters live

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "This place comes well e-crypt with everything you need." -- Barnabas Collins HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970)
  9. Sepiatone

FORGOTTEN Oldies

I thought the clever double entendre was the intended appeal for "Squeeze Box". Back to "oldies".... . Sepiatone
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Oliver Willis‏Verified account@owillis Trump, fall 2020 "I need to make a very important presidential announcement. I have learned that 300,000 Mexican caravans loaded with over 1,000,000 illegals are furiously driving toward the border. If you vote for the Democrats they will totally climb over and make us Latino."
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump A very big Caravan of over 20,000 people started up through Mexico. It has been reduced in size by Mexico but is still coming. Mexico must apprehend the remainder or we will be forced to close that section of the Border & call up the Military. The Coyotes & Cartels have weapons! 7:25 AM - 24 Apr 2019
  12. lavenderblue19

Password TCM

Thanks Star high school overbearing father
  13. Well Darg, then there's THIS, from Merriam-Webster........ Is irregardless a word?: Usage Guide Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead. And of course, I'm with ya on the COULD/COULDN'T care less thing. Annoys the hell out of me too! Sepiatone
  14. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Jeff Tiedrich‏ @itsJeffTiedrich Replying to @realDonaldTrump what a great idea it was, putting racists in charge of counting up all the people in our country. can we just admit once and for all that Dear Orange Leader is just a figurehead and Stephen Miller is the real president of the United States
  15. Sepiatone

Where movie characters live

All movie characters live in a large spool of cellulose film, enclosed in a metal container. Sepiatone
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified accoun@realDonaldTrump The American people deserve to know who is in this Country. Yesterday, the Supreme Court took up the Census Citizenship question, a really big deal. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! 7:18 AM - 24 Apr 2019
  17. The 1996 winner of the Mainichi Film Award was … Shall We Dance? (1996) Masayuki Suo, Japan
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified accoun@MattGertz Trump appears to have been watching a segment about this on the right-wing conspiracy theory network OANN. The network has been airing this same segment hourly since last night. (Trump's quote appears to be a paraphrase.) OANN, 6:04 am Trump, 7:04 am
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified account@MattGertz Matthew Gertz Retweeted Donald J. Trump It's hard to quantify just how insane it is that the president of the United States is making this allegation against the UK government based on a conspiracy theorist's accusation as related by the right-wing television show he is watching this morning.
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Andrew Desiderio‏Verified account@desiderioDC Andrew Desiderio Retweeted Donald J. Trump A day after announcing a state visit to the UK, Trump essentially accuses their government of spying on him.
  21. Sepiatone

Jokes about the movies

So.... what WAS it, Eric? Back when there was still a lot of public hoopla about "colorizing" old movies, DOONESBURY chimed in with Mike and Zonker talking about it. Zonk asked, "What's all the flap about it anyway?" and Mike says something like, "Some people feel colorizing old films desecrates the integrity of the director's art." Zonker replies, "Art? I thought we were talking about MOVIES." Sepiatone
  22. TopBilled

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

Wednesday April 24, 2019 Richard Widmark on TCM NIGHT AND THE CITY with Gene Tierney TAKE THE HIGH GROUND! with Karl Malden
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified acc@realDonaldTrump “Former CIA analyst Larry Johnson accuses United Kingdom Intelligence of helping Obama Administration Spy on the 2016 Trump Presidential Campaign.” @OANN WOW! It is now just a question of time before the truth comes out, and when it does, it will be a beauty! 7:04 AM - 24 Apr 2019
  24. The 1996 winner of the Japan Blue Ribbon Award was … Boys Be Ambitious (1996) Kazuyuki Izutsu, Japan
  25. Italy’s Nastro d’Argento Film Journalists 1996/97 Best Picture winners included … Luna e l’altra (1996) Maruizio Nichetti, Italy
  26. TopBilled

ClassiCategories

one thousand three twenty-first category Reflects the culture of the 1980s WARGAMES (1983) cold war BREAKIN' (1984) break dancing STARMAN (1984) U.F.O. craze
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us