All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TopBilled

Bill Macy has passed

A fantastic actor. Others would have been overshadowed by Bea Arthur, but he made Walter a very engaging character who existed equally alongside Maude. It was her show, but he was more than just a supporting player. You really can see what he brought to the dynamic if you look at Golden Girls and see her on her own for most of those shows, without a strong man to play off each week. What I loved about the Walter Findlay character (and still do in reruns) is that he allowed her to be her own woman, but she was still his woman too. It was a perfect characterization from start to finish.
  3. SansFin

Bill Macy has passed

https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2019-10-18/bill-macy-bea-arthur-maude-dead He is perhaps best known as Maude's husband but I will for all time remember him as Sy Benson in: My Favorite Year (1982).
  4. Today
  5. Gershwin fan

the best tcm guest host to get

I was certain you were going to say William Shatner or Donald Trump.
  6. Gershwin fan

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films Up to 2015

Girls und Panzer der Film (2015) Tsutomu Mizushima, Japan (dubbed) - 6/10- In the streets of an emptied town, two schools of tankfighters battle it out. The winning team is still closed down despite promises otherwise, leaving them sad but they are allowed one last chance to do another tank battle to win their school back. My favorite team is the St Gloriana School which uses WWII era Churchill tanks and obviously represents the British. The soundtrack to this is largely traditional military marches such as British Grenadiers, Glory, Glory Hallelujah and Katyusha that work as leitmotifs for the tanks on screen. The film is a bit long at two hours and the plot is bare. I did find one episodic moment funny when they visit a museum dedicated to "Punchy the Bear" -a fictional toy that is constantly beaten up by other toys and covered in bandages. What I truly disliked is the heavy use of CGI instead of traditional animation which I prefer.
  7. Karen Pendleton, who was the youngest of the talented Mouseketeers on TV's original "The Mickey Mouse Club," has died at the age of 73. She suffered a fatal heart attack on Sunday, October 13 in Fresno, CA. She had been confined to a wheelchair since a 1983 automobile accident that paralyzed her from the waist down. Created by Walt Disney, "The Mickey Mouse Club" was aired by ABC from 1955 to 1959. The series gained new viewers when reruns were syndicated to local stations in the 1960s. Pendleton often was paired with another young Mouseketeer, drummer Cubby O'Brien, most memorably in the show's closing musical sequence. They were two of nine performers who appeared during the entire run of the original series (the others were Annette Funicello, Bobby Burgess, Darlene Gillespie, Sharon Baird, Tommy Cole, Lonnie Burr and Doreen Tracey).
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Newsweek @Newsweek Turkish foreign minister laughs at Trump's erratic Syria policy, says they aren't scared of sanctions Turkish foreign minister laughs at Trump's erratic Syria policy, says they aren't scared of... Mevlut Cavusoglu said Turkey expects its allies to support the country's invasion of northeastern Syria, but that it is willing to stand up to threats and condemnation if necessary. newsweek.com 12:50 AM · Oct 19, 2019·SocialFlow
  9. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Real Time @RealTimers "Good news: we finally found someone in the Middle East to greet us as liberators. Bad news: it’s ISIS." – @BillMaher #RealTime HBO 10:07 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter Web App
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

SPIN @SPIN Donald Trump’s call to NASA astronauts on the #AllWomenSpacewalk is awkward as hell trib.al/uWjCuTQ 6:00 PM · Oct 18, 2019·SocialFlow
  11. NickAndNora34

NickAndNora34's Disney Movie Journey

#55: THE LEGEND OF LOBO (1962) *Score: 4/10* The only cast in this consisted of Rex Allen and the Sons of the Pioneers; they chronicled the the life of Lobo, the wolf, through the use of narration and song. Long time Disney favorites Oliver Wallace and Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman worked on the music and title song, respectively, but even that couldn't spice this up. The scenery really made me think of the Thunder Mountain ride at Disneyland, so that was definitely a high point for me. This was really just a huge nature documentary/zoology lesson in film form, but I'd rather have this than any more costume pictures.
  12. Terrence1

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

7.) One of her greatest performances was in "The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne", yet the movie was overlooked by the Oscars.
  13. Polly of the Precodes

Noir Alley

I was at that screening tonight! I didn't try to talk to Eddie, but tomorrow or Sunday I do mean to ask him some things about Underworld USA...in light of the things he said about Pickup on South Street.
  14. TopBilled

TCM schedules

Tomorrow on TCM:
  15. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Qualley, Margaret
  16. speedracer5

Noir Alley

Did you have to buy your tix ahead of time? The shows I want to go to don’t seem to be on sale.
  17. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

You've Got Mail
  18. Terrence1

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Lucille Ball was in "Fancy Pants" with Bob Hope.
  19. Terrence1

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

Man with a Golden Arm Next: Whispering
  20. speedracer5

Ultra early 2019 Oscar tracking???

I haven’t seen any of your best picture contenders, but I saw Renée Zellweger in “Judy,” she was fantastic!
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Week @TheWeek Tulsi Gabbard has an unhinged response for Hillary Clinton's Russian allegations. Tulsi Gabbard deems Hillary Clinton the 'queen of warmongers' in outrageous tweet storm Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) has uh... something to say. In a Thursday interview with the Campaign HQ podcast, Clinton suggested Russia was "grooming" a current 2020 candidate "to be the third party... theweek.com 6:00 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Sprout Social
  22. EricJ

Ultra early 2019 Oscar tracking???

Why, no, as a matter of fact. Nobody has. Next question?
  23. Nightbird311

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

“The Panic in Needle Park” (1971) Next: another film about drug addiction
  24. Nightbird311

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Gail Patrick was in “Stage Door” with Lucille Ball
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?