All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Tayback, Vic
  3. sewhite2000

Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Personally, I find most of Wes Anderson's films more interesting and enjoyable than most superhero movies.
  4. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

East of Sumatra
  5. Terrence1

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

The Missing Next: Funeral
  6. Dr. Somnambula

Murder, She Wrote Appreciation Thread

Hallmark Channel goes Christmas on Wednesday. No more Golden Girls. Lifetime has started Christmas movies too. Still fire season out here in California. Good thing TCM doesn't play this game.
  7. Sundowners is just great, he liked Heaven Knows Mr. Allyson best of his 97 flix though
  8. I know Jakeem always covers the annual film awards, but they start next week, is he off these boards?
  9. mr6666

Hong Kong protests....

The New York Times @nytimes · 16h Young protesters in Hong Kong are writing “last letters” to their loved ones, in the event that they are arrested or killed. Some carry handwritten copies to the streets in their backpacks or wallets. Others hide them at home.
  10. Eraserhead is without a doubt all-time weirdest motion picture by anyone
  11. also saw The Shining in a theatre at about age 16
  12. Princess of Tap

Get Your Kicks, Etc. On Route 66

What's to know about Don Giovanni, it's just about Don Juan-- seducer/ rapist, all around jerk. Jo Van Fleet was an Oscar winner for her role in "East of Eden", playing James Dean's mother, who was a madam.They usually don't kill Oscar winners like that, but at least I know she got a few good scenes in there underground.
  13. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

@NBCPolitics · 2h JUST IN: US House Foreign Affairs Cmte. Chairman Engel issues an extraordinary joint statement with counterparts in Germany, France, the UK and the European Parliament condemning the Turkish invasion of northern Syria, and "the abandonment of the Syrian Kurds to be wrong."
  14. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

@NBCPolitics · 2h JUST IN: US House Foreign Affairs Cmte. Chairman Engel issues an extraordinary joint statement with counterparts in Germany, France, the UK and the European Parliament condemning the Turkish invasion of northern Syria, and "the abandonment of the Syrian Kurds to be wrong."
  15. LonesomePolecat

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Gwen Verdon next another redhead
  16. LonesomePolecat

It's A Wonderful Town

NOTHING SACRED and its Jerry Lewis remake LIVING IT UP
  17. mr6666

2020 Election

Russian Media Cheers Trump’s Moves in Syria: ‘Putin Won the Lottery!’ For Russia, Trump’s presidency is a gift that keeps on giving. The Kremlin’s propagandists see no acceptable alternative among any viable presidential candidates in 2020. ...... .Trump’s mistake in Syria is the unexpected ‘lottery win’ that further strengthened Moscow’s position in the Middle East and undermined America’s prestige as a rational political player and a reliable partner.” .. “All of this benefits the Russian Federation,” Yusin marveled. “You know, I’ve been watching Trump’s behavior lately and get seditious thoughts: maybe he really is a Russian agent? He is laboring so hard to strengthen the international image of Russia in general—and Putin in particular...In this situation, Americans—to their chagrin and our enjoyment—are the only losers in this situation.” ..... “It’s been a long time since America has been humiliated this way,” gloated political analyst Mikhail Sinelnikov-Orishak, “They ran away in shame! I can’t recall such a scenario since Vietnam.” .... has hurt the image and standing of the United States: “America betrayed everyone...Trump also strengthened the anti-American mood in Turkey, when he promised to destroy the Turkish economy.” ...... “I look at Trump and think: ‘May God grant him good health—and another term. This is a great situation for Russia...We can practically sit back and reap the dividends from what others are doing... Meanwhile, Trump is yet to make a single good deal, which is why I wish him good health, may he flourish and get re-elected...Trump is a great candidate. I applaud him... For America, this isn’t a very good president.” https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-media-cheers-trump-moves-in-syria-putin-won-the-lottery - if Dems don't use some of THESE QUOTES against Trump, they're CRAZY?!
  18. Princess of Tap

Leave Him To Heaven-- the presidential hate of drumpf aka trump

Kurds are predominantly Muslim. So there's no reason for trump to have any regard for their Humanity or care about lying to them.
  19. LonesomePolecat

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

SOME LIKE IT HOT next hostages
  20. LonesomePolecat

Three in One

JFK next Martha Scott on Broadway & film, Penelope Ann Miller & Glynnis O'Connor on TV
  21. LawrenceA

Recently Watched Horror

Mayhem (2017) - 6/10 The people inside of the high-rise offices of a mega legal firm become infected with a virus that causes emotional instability and violent outbursts, resulting in the building being quarantined with everyone inside. Mid-level associate Derek (Steven Yeun from The Walking Dead), who has just been fired due to inter-office backstabbing, and disgruntled former client Melanie (Samara Weaving), team-up to seek revenge on the upper-level management. With Caroline Chikezie, Steven Brand, Dallas Roberts, and Kerry Fox. This is played as a black comedy, and it's only marginally successful, mainly due to the appeal of Yeun and Weaving.
  22. lavenderblue19

It's A Wonderful Town

East Side, West Side Gracie Square ( upper East Side) and Grammacy Park
  23. Vautrin

Get Your Kicks, Etc. On Route 66

Tod and Linc are now in a played out Colorado mining town. Tod is helping backstage at performances of Mozart's Don Giovanni while Linc is helping an old military buddy who is trying to revive an old mine. Linc's buddy, played by Lee Phillips one-shot Peyton Place wonder, is quite a ladies' man. He meets up with a spinster, played by Jo Van Fleet, who is tagging along on her brother's honeymoon. Cringe. Anyhoo, he takes her down in his elevator to show her part of the mine. And wouldn't you know it, there is a huge rock slide that disables the elevator. Oh, the old trapped in a mine plot. Above ground there is some kind of parallel with Don Giovanni. Not knowing that much about the subject, it didn't interest me very much. Meanwhile, back at the mine they start talking to one another and discover they are two pretty boring people, though in different ways. The town is alerted to the folks trapped in the mine and go and try to help. Sadly, it is too late and Phillips and Van Fleet die. That was a surprise. Usually TV people make it out of the mine. Average episode. At least there's no father son titanic manhood battles in sight.
  24. Arturo

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald Trump continues to bring dishonor to the presidency and to the country, the latest for his murderous disregard for our allies.
  25. And doesn't Olivia curse in some of them? Weren't they used against her in the FEUD lawsuit? (i.e. we didn't make it up, Ms. de Havilland is capable of being foul mouthed .)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us