All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dr. Somnambula

Why I love TCM

I am even closer but not interested. I suppose there are obvious reasons for each event being where it is. I don't believe a film festival needs to be in Hollywood, but it is. Sounds like Eddie lives and works in San Francisco. Having his event in SF is easy for him but not everyone.
  3. Peebs

*A to Z of Movies*

Tender Mercies (1983)
  4. MilesArcher

It's A Wonderful Town

For Pete's Sake (1974) - Barbra Streisand chasing around New York.
  5. TomJH

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

"What? Bogie's criticizing me on an internet message board? Me, with my great and unmatched wisdom? Who does he think he is? A third grade actor! I never did think he was all that good in Casablanca!"
  6. lavenderblue19

Movie Trivia

Yes, it could be and it is Edmund Gwenn playing Santa in the Real Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that was filmed in the movie. The crowd did not know it was Edmund Gwenn and he also addressed the crowd when it arrived at Macy's. Good work Miles, your thread
  7. Bogie56

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

Just a reminder that not all conservatives are anything like Donald Trump. For starters, no conservative in either Canada or Great Britain would dare mess with the universal health care.
  8. MilesArcher

Movie Trivia

Could it be Edmund Gwenn playing Santa Claus in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in "Miracle On 34th Street"?
  9. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

At his Dallas rally yesterday, Trump* naturally tried to defend his decision to give the green light to Turkey to invade Syria and attack the Kurds. He likened it to letting kids go at it in the school yard to get it out of their system before you stepped in and pulled them apart. This must be little comfort to the Kurds who have now lost hundreds of more lives and have had at least 160,000 people driven from their homes. Trump knows no shame and has zero empathy for anyone but himself. He also continuously attacked the 'crazy' democrats for their impeachment testimonies when the witnesses have all come from his own administration.
  10. Nightbird311

*A to Z of Movies*

“Say One for Me” (1959)
  11. Nightbird311

A to Z of Characters

Simpson, Gabrielle (Audrey Hepburn in “Paris When It Sizzles”)
  12. Nightbird311

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Richard Crenna was in “The Sand Pebbles” with Richard Attenborough
  13. Arturo

Mike Pence-- Who is He and What is his Agenda?

And you don’t mean God!
  14. lavenderblue19

Retro Trivia

Many years later, after he starred in the classic famous film, he had a role in the remake of the film.
  15. Today
  16. BrianTcm48

The Great Lie (1941)

In "The Maltese Falcon" Sam Spade (H. Bogart) walks by a theater marquee which displays "The Great Lie".
  17. speedracer5

BLUE DENIM

Jessie's really rocking it with the embroidered denim vest and later with the denim chambray button down shirt. Jessie's jeans are surprisingly flattering. The 90s seem to be full of jeans that are oddly tight in the pelvic region but baggy everywhere else. Zack's look would be greatly improved if he'd swap the the white kicks for something else. I'm not into the jeans bunched up on top of the shoes look. There's an episode of 90210 where Dylan is rocking jeans, a dark denim button down, and a denim jacket. I think he paired his look with Docs.
  18. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

19. JakeHolman

HURRICANE DORIAN

20. HoldenIsHere

BLUE DENIM

Denim on denim Bayside style:
  21. Princess of Tap

Actor/Movie Association Game

Zelig
  22. Dr. Somnambula

Comcast moving TCM to Sports/Entertainment Package

I too was forced into a Comcast triple play. For years I had just TV and Internet. A year ago the only deal I could get was their TV, Internet and phone. This year I went back to a double play. I never used the phone portion. It isn't really a landline but an Internet phone (VOIP). Cable goes out and so does the phone. When the wine country fires came to the back of my house in 2017, it was decided to keep our real landline. I'm often checking my options besides Comcast. It is about price and programs. TCM is my only channel for movies. I also enjoy retro TV. The Turner channels don't count. For now, Comcast wins for price, programming and convenience. Dish comes in second.
  23. jamesjazzguitar

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced

It is difficult for me to determine how Fee really feels about these en masse tours; yea, he complains,,, but he takes them! He has a lot of fun doing The Tubes concerts but that is because there is a lot of stage-artistic 'stuff' (e.g. the super high heel shoes get-up for White Punks on Dope,,, which on the last concert his wife had to help him on stage with!). I don't think the band gets to do these things on these en masse tours. Note that Fee has a day job as a building engineer. In fact this is how my wife and I meet him. My wife leads a property management company and manages a few building owned by Fee's wife. Fee is the engineer of these building. So my wife meet him as part of their job duties; Yea, she had to tell him to address a plumbing issue!!!! She didn't know his background until later. PS: Last year the 4 of us toured Italy (my wife's home town): One funny moment was when one of their buildings here in Los Angeles had a plumbing issue. So here are the 4 of us sitting outside in a nice cafe in Italy, and Fee is on the phone with people trying to address this plumbing issue,,,, and his wife,,, who owns said building is 'advising' him (yea, more like,,,,you need to get this fixed,,, now,,,,).
  24. Princess of Tap

The Triumph of Donald Trump

"Don't be a fool!" It's too bad trump can't take his own advice.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us