All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. speedracer5

I Just Watched...

Singles (1992) This was a great movie. Cameron Crowe directed this film about a group of twenty-somethings living in early-90s Seattle. I'd read that this was one of the quintessential 90s films and I was also interested in the Pacific Northwest setting. My husband was interested in this film because of the early grunge soundtrack. Three of the top Seattle grunge bands (in some fashion) appear in this film. The story is divided into chapters. The characters tell their story through a series of interviews. The common link among the characters is the apartment building (a la Melrose Place, sans the soap opera drama). Kyra Sedgwick appears as Linda, a young professional woman who falls for Steve, played by Campbell Scott. Bridget Fonda plays Janet, a waitress who is dating Cliff (Matt Dillon), the lead singer of the local grunge back, Citizen D i c k. Pearl Jam makes up the remaining of Cliff's band. Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam, appears as Citizen D i c k's drummer, also contributes his voice during a Citizen D i c k live performance. Cliff, in multiple reviews is consistently cited as the weak link of Citizen D i c k. Sheila Kelley plays Debbie hunt, the quintessential woman who can't find Mr. Right. Most of the story deals with the trials and tribulations the two couples: Linda and Steve; and Janet and Cliff. The characters' personal lives are also intertwined slightly, as Janet is Steve's neighbor. Linda and Steve are in love but Linda cannot decide if she wants to commit to him. Janet loves Cliff, but as the events of the film unfold, she comes to realize that Cliff is a jerk. Alice in Chains appears as the local bar band that Linda sees when she goes out for a night on the town, and eventually meets Steve. Chris Cornell appears as one of Cliff's friends who helps him soup up the stereo system in Bridget Fonda's car--which ends up being a disaster. A demo version of Soundgarden's "Spoonman" is heard on the soundtrack, as well as an early Smashing Pumpkins song. I very much enjoyed this film for the characters, the soundtrack and the beautiful Pacific Northwest setting!
  3. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

The Singing Nun (1966)
  4. Jane was in some good films; Walk on the Wild Side, Period of Adjustment, Sunday in New York, Cat Ballou, Barefoot in the Park, They Shoot Horses, Don't They, Klute, Fun with Dick and Jane, Julia, and 9 to 5.
  5. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Langtry, Lily (Ava Gardner in The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean)
  6. Peebs

*A to Z of Movies*

Girls in the Night (1953)
  7. Peebs

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

3. He died from blood poisoning following surgery at age 42.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us