All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Vautrin

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The acorn never falls far from the tree.
  3. mr6666

TCM Premieres

Sun., 10-20 for Ozzie & Harriet..... (times ET) 8:00 PM B/W - 76 m Here Come the Nelsons (1952) Synopsis: Dir: Frederick de Cordova Cast: Ozzie Nelson , Harriet Nelson , David Nelson . LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW: 😧 Frederick de Cordova. Ozzie, Harriet, David, Ricky Nelson, Rock Hudson, Ann Doran, Jim Backus, Barbara Lawrence, Sheldon Leonard, Gale Gordon. Expanded version of radio's Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, spotlighting a series of typical, comical situations. Light, predictable fare that paved the way for the long-running TV series.
  4. LawrenceA

The Exorcist Conventional?

The first film is also filled with infinitely-quotable lines. I don't know how many times I've greeted a friend with this Exorcist quote - "Your mother sucks **** in Hell, (insert friend's name)!" "The power of Christ compels you!" was also a frequently repeated chant during marathon drinking sessions. Or telling a soon-to-be-traveling friend, "You're gonna die up there", followed by whizzing on the floor. Good times!
  5. Vautrin

It set the standard for thick, gooey projectile vomit in mainstream Hollywood movies. Bllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  6. You rock, LawrenceA! I completely missed the soundtrack info on IMDb. The song is "Paradise." Thanks so very much for the fast response and for reminding me about finding soundtrack info on IMDb. I managed to look past the link when I initially checked that site. Thanks!
  7. mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood Pelosi says this photo came as she told President Trump, “all roads with you lead to Putin” notice the expression on Kevin McCarthy’s face three years ago, McCarthy told his GOP colleagues privately: “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump. Swear to God.” after McCarthy linked Trump and Putin in that June 2016 meeting, Pelosi’s predecessor, then-Speaker Paul Ryan, told fellow Republicans present not to disclose it to anyone else. “No leaks,” Ryan said. “This is how we know we’re a real family here.”
  8. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Cavendish, Tony (Frederic March in The Royal Family of Broadway)
  9. Is it any of the ones listed on IMDb? A Touch of Texas (1942) (uncredited) Music by Jimmy McHugh A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening (1943) (uncredited) Music by Jimmy McHugh Played in the score Speak Your Heart (1938) (uncredited) Music by Allie Wrubel Sidewalk Boogie (uncredited) Music by Roy Webb "Paradise (1931) (uncredited) Music by Nacio Herb Brown Played in the score "The Nearness of You' (1938) (uncredited) Music by Hoagy Carmichael Played in the score
  10. cigarjoe

Lol. Had to be a gigantic comedown from Shakespearean lines
  11. Can anyone help me identify the song that’s playing near the end of the Robert Ryan movie The Set-Up? It plays as he staggers down the alley. Siri doesn’t know and neither does Shazam, but it’s a well-known song from the 1940s. Thanks so much!!
  12. LawrenceA

He did say: " Pazuzu, king of the evil spirits of the air, help me to find Kokumo!"
  13. TomJH

One of the key differences in Exorcist II's favour, I feel, was the fact that Linda Blair had really "blossomed" since the first film.
  14. Trudeau Approval Hits New Low as Canadians Prepare to Vote Canadians will vote to elect members of the federal House of Commons next Monday, amid a climate of ambivalence about their current leadership. Support for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has fallen sharply since 2016, his first full year in office, when nearly three in four (72%) said they approved of the way he is handling his job as prime minister. In 2019, for the first time, Canadians are more likely to say they disapprove (52%) than to say they approve (46%) of Trudeau's job performance. Trudeau's recent tenure has been marred by scandal, including a recent ruling that his administration violated ethics rules in pressuring the country's attorney general to intervene in a criminal case involving a Quebec-based construction company. Trudeau himself also faced intense criticism after videos and photos surfaced of him wearing blackface and brownface at parties in the early 1990s and 2000s. However, Canadians' growing misgivings apply more broadly than just to views of the prime minister himself, and are reflected in declining satisfaction with high-profile election issues such as environmental stewardship and economic wellbeing. Asked more generally about their approval of the country's leadership, just 49% say they approve in 2019, down from 64% in 2016. Line graph. Trend in Canadians’ approval of job performance of country’s leadership. This year's election campaigns have placed considerable focus on questions about how to balance environmental concerns with economic growth. Trudeau's Liberal government took power in October 2015, touting a plan to dramatically reduce greenhouse-gas emissions with a federal carbon tax imposed on provinces that did not already have one or did not meet federal emissions standards. Canadians' satisfaction with efforts to preserve the environment improved in the two years after Trudeau's election; in 2017, about two-thirds (65%) were satisfied. However, the prime minister's carbon tax program has been bogged down by political infighting and concerns that heavily coal-dependent provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan will suffer too much economically. Though a federal carbon-pricing program finally took effect in early 2019, Canadians are no longer as optimistic about the country's environmental policy; 50% now say they are satisfied with efforts to preserve the environment, while a similar 49% are dissatisfied. Candidates in this year's elections have also been challenged to balance their rhetoric about environmental policy with attention to "pocketbook" issues of concern to many Canadians. The proportion of adults who say their standard of living is improving has fallen 10 percentage points to 52% in the past two years -- a finding that reflects a recent Ipsos survey showing that, despite the country's strong macroeconomic numbers, many Canadians currently express uncertainty about their personal economic situation. ********************************************* It's time for new leadership in Canada, don't vote for this corruption.
  15. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Bill Maher offers Trump a $1M check to leave office: 'You love money' ....."Just take my check for $1 million," Maher, a long-standing Trump critic, said on HBO's "Real Time." "I bet I could get another 1,000 people just from here to the beach — including Malibu, of course — who would pay that much to see you resign," Maher added. Maher concluded, "Mr. President, it is really very simple. You love money. We hate you.".......... https://thehill.com/homenews/media/466578-bill-maher-offers-trump-a-check-to-leave-office-you-love-money ================== -maybe start a 'Trump Resign' @ GoFundMe.....
  16. When I try to watch movies on my Roku TV on the WatchTCM app, I get a screen that says “We apologize for the inconvenience, but the requested title is not available at this time. Please select a different title.” I’ve now selected 6 movies & I get this screen after I try to play them. Why is this happening ? Is it Roku or WatchTCM? Thanx.
  17. DJBeacon

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

1) Was voted one of the Best Film Directors of all time
  18. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Erdoğan got the best of Trump "........Trump lost his leverage to negotiate with both the Turks and the Kurds after the withdrawal and then the letter. “In buttoning your shirt, if you start out wrong, it’ll be wrong at the end,” Aliriza said. “They’re denying it strenuously within the administration, but everything that happened, happened because of the phone call on the 6th.”..... "The so-called cease-fire is not what we expected. In fact, it’s not a cease-fire, it’s a demand of capitulation of the Kurds,” he said. According to a fact sheet given to reporters in Ankara, the so-called “safe zone” from which the YPG is expected to evacuate will be “primarily enforced” by Turkish forces. Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirmed to reporters Friday that U.S. forces would not be involved in enforcing the safe zone. That means, critics say, Erdoğan won what he wanted all along...... Turkish officials were reportedly surprised at the ease with which the United States agreed to the deal. “We got everything we wanted,” ..... And while the administration is arguing the cease-fire stops the bloodshed, Edelman warned that it doesn’t address “the issue of how do we repair the damage that had been done.” https://thehill.com/policy/international/466533-erdogan-got-the-best-of-trump-experts-warn
  19. cigarjoe

Wasn't Burton spouting some jibberish line in that one?
  20. TomJH

Canadian Election Update

Why Andrew Scheer would be a dangerous prime minister https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2019/10/01/why-andrew-scheer-would-be-a-dangerous-prime-minister.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=star_web_ymbii
  21. cigarjoe

Who else thinks Aldo Ray was underrated

Yea Nightfall and Fantasy Noir Psychic Killer (1975) are good.
  22. Princess of Tap

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

10) Maggie starred in "A Private Function", which also featured "Downton Abbey" colleague Jim Carter. Next: Ingrid Bergman
  23. TomJH

Canadian Election Update

Scheer refuses to deny Conservatives hired operative to dig up dirt on opponent Andrew Scheer is refusing to deny the Conservative campaign hired an ex-Liberal operative to dig up dirt on a political rival. https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2019/10/19/scheer-refuses-to-deny-conservatives-hired-operative-to-dig-up-dirt-on-opponent.html
  24. Today
  25. jamesjazzguitar

Who else thinks Aldo Ray was underrated

Aldo Ray did some fine performances. But I don't like his performances as a dunce; These come off as being forced. My favorite film with Ray is Nightfall with a very lovey Anne Bancroft.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us