All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GGGGerald

The 1st Classic Movie Director That Comes To Mind

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. The film was Barb Wire (1996)
  3. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

Rachel Ward
  4. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

No, you're absolutely right. Waxwork is pretty dumb if you try to break it down and really examine it. I learned to just enjoy the bits I like and try to ignore the rest. And it's not like I, or anyone else that I'm aware of, think it's one of the best movies of its type, even as far as cheap 80's horror goes.
  5. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Grant, Lou (Ed Asner in The Mary Tyler Moore Show)
  6. Terrence1

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
  7. Peebs

*A to Z of Movies*

Hard Day's Night
  8. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Fife, Barney, played by Don Knotts on The Andy Griffith Show
  9. Peebs

Steve Martin
  10. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

Great Day in the Morning
  11. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Wilson, Owen
  12. LornaHansonForbes

I Just Watched...

if you will forgive me for taking an aside here, the biggest thing that bugs me about WAXWORK is that we are told that there are 16 exhibits representing "the sixteen most evil men of all time" who are brought back to life thru sacrifices (fine), but one of the exhibits is of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA who, I mean, wasn't nice or anything, but "one of the most evil men of all time"? Like, seriously, you're telling me The Phantom of the Frickin Opera was worse than Hitler or Mussolini or Stalin? And also the SPACE ALIEN, how exactly does he fit in to the "most evil" was he the most evil on his own planet? ...and also, I suppose, the collective zombies in the NIGHT OF THE LIVIng DEAD EXHIBIT represent (collectively) ONE of the EVIL GUYs... or do they assemble to form ZOMBIE VOLTRON or what? and then the MARQUIS DE SADE doesn't really rate high on the "EVIL" scale for me.... i know i'm overthinking it, but it still bugs me edit- it could use a second draft is all i'm saying
  13. Terrence1

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

8.) He composed and sang the title song from "Foxfire".
  14. Terrence1

Pennies rom Heaven
  15. Peebs

Christopher Walken
  16. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The revenge of John Bolton? Analysis ● By Aaron Blake ● Read more » John Bolton’s eruption shows that Trump’s defenses are collapsing Opinion ● By Greg Sargent ● Read more »
  17. LornaHansonForbes

I Just Watched...

I remember thinking WAXWORK 2: BACK IN TIME was funny (there is more comedy) when I saw it a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally long time ago. (I think the year it came out)...but don't recall much else.
  18. MilesArcher

Husband and Wife

Yes, I purposely did not refer to her role in "The Big Heat" with Glenn Ford. I thought that might be too much of a giveaway. She appeared several times on "Gunsmoke", but one of the characters that she played a couple of times, Sally Fergus, led to her short lived series "Dirty Sally" in the seventies. He took over the leading role on "Wagon Train" after Ward Bond died, and he also took over Charles Bickford's role on "The Virginian" after Bickford died. He appeared on an episode of "Trapper John, MD", which was a spin-off of M*A*S*H. Pernell Roberts starred as Dr. John McIntire on that show. Their son Tim McIntire also became an actor. Here they are together in an episode of "Bonanza": Nice work, Princess. The thread goes to you.
  19. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald Trump Has Made Roughly 250 False Statements About the Ukraine Probe In Less Than a Month: .....Trump has averaged nearly 14 false or misleading claims a day since the start of his presidency in January 2017, according to The Washington Post Fact Checker database. The database tracks, rates and categorizes false or misleading claims Trump has made. As of October 9, he had made a staggering 13,435 incorrect statements. The database also showed that Trump has made more false statements than usual during the past 65 days. Instead of 14 false statements per day, he was averaging 22 lies every 24 hours. The newspaper's fact-checking team attributed the increase to the ongoing congressional probe into Trump's dealings with Ukraine and its president Volodymyr Zelensky. Trump reportedly has made at least 250 false statements about the matter since Sept. 19. ......... https://www.newsweek.com/trump-false-statements-ukraine-probe-report-1465355?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
  20. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

I have that on disc with the sequel. I was thinking about watching part 2 again soon, as I don't recall much from it, other than take-offs on The Haunting and Night of the Living Dead.
  21. LornaHansonForbes

I Just Watched...

I also watched WAXWORK (1988) on AMAZON PRIME. I saw this movie as a kid and liked it very, very much...re-watching it as an adult always disappoints- it desperately needed a rewrite to gap some holes in the plot and there are definite shortcomings with the budget and the logic and the narrative... and yet.... The scenes that work- The Werewolf, Dracula (played surprisingly well by MILES O'KEEFE), and (most especially!) The Mummy (which uses Swan Lake!)- work really, really well, but the rest is a very, very, very mixed bag. Did DAVID WARNER **** someone off LEE TRACY style? He is a good actor, but DAMNED if he doesn't say "yes" to ANY and EVERYTthing he is offered. ZACH GALLIGAN was SO ADORABLE. I think there is a dark story there, not long after this, he lost his looks and was arrested for shoplifting ca. 2004 on The Sunset Strip.
  22. mr6666

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

Former Russia Adviser Testifies She Was Alarmed About Ukraine Pressure Fiona Hill’s nine-hour testimony comes as Democrats examine Trump’s effort to get Kyiv to investigate Bidens .......Ms. Hill described to lawmakers efforts by Mr. Giuliani, which circumvented typical government procedures for foreign policy, to press Ukraine to mount investigations into the Bidens, as well as possible 2016 election interference, the people said. Mr. Giuliani has said he worked in conjunction with the State Department. “There was an official foreign policy, which was attempting to counter corruption in Ukraine. And then there was Rudy Giuliani, and, you know, the gang that couldn’t shoot straight who worked for him, who were…connected with corruption in Ukraine and promoting the corruption in Ukraine,”........ https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-top-russia-adviser-fiona-hill-set-to-testify-on-capitol-hill-about-ukraine-11571057396?mod=hp_lead_pos6&mod=article_inline
  23. mr6666

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

Andrew Desiderio @AndrewDesiderio · 23h NEWS: Former Pompeo adviser Michael McKinley, who resigned last week, will testify in closed session on Wednesday before House impeachment investigators, according to an official working on the inquiry.
  24. judsey

Union County, NJ

I live in union County, NJ. I saw Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen last month, wow. I wish there was a NJ chapter. Anybody want to meet and talk Movies, let me know. Maybe we could form our own NJ chapter !
  25. DJBeacon

"The Anderson Tapes" (1971)
  26. "Eyes Wide Shut" (1999) Next: men with capes and hoods
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us