All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Chris Cuomo had a guest on tonight that claims that Rudy Guiliani's two indicted Ukranians have been funnelling Russian oligarch money to Trump Enterprises in a money laundering scheme for years, Trump claimed he did not know the two "gentlemen."
  3. Yeah, for me The Adventures of Robin Hood is the best movie of 1938.
  4. The Whorehouse Showdown....
  5. For the 1938 best picture Oscar, for me the real battle is between “The Adventures of Robin Hood,” and the “The Lady Vanishes,” with the edge going to ‘Robin Hood,’ because of my love for Errol.
  6. HoldenIsHere

BLUE DENIM

Marsha Hunt, who played Brandon deWilde's mother in BLUE DENIM, turned 102 today. She was born on October 17, 1917 in Chicago but grew up in New York City.
  7. TomJH

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Too late, Mick. You got caught telling the truth.
  8. I was being a bit facetious with that list of titles but only a little bit.
  9. TomJH

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Is he sulking or just trying to make us happy?
  10. I like You Can't Take It With You more than The Citadel, Marie Antoinette, Test Pilot, and Holiday, but your point remains valid. I would add another nominee from that year, Grand Illusion, to the list of those better than the winner.
  11. Well, outside of The Adventures of Robin Hood, Angels With Dirty Faces, Pygmalion, The Dawn Patrol, The Citadel, Jezebel, Marie Antoinette, Test Pilot, Bringing Up Baby, Holiday, Four Daughters, and The Lady Vanishes, it probably was the best film of the year.
  12. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NBC News @NBCNews · 1h Civil rights groups blast the Republican National Committee, claiming the group violated federal law and is trying to sow confusion after it mailed imitation census forms to Montana voters to solicit money for President Trump’s reelection campaign. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/civil-rights-groups-slam-rnc-fraudulent-census-mailers-montana-residents-n1068401?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  13. Gershwin fan

Somewhat Off-Topic: What have you been reading lately?

I prefer Moliere to either of them, especially for this beautiful piece of music composed for his play.
  14. mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

Civil rights groups slam RNC for 'fraudulent' census mailers to Montana residents The civil rights groups have asked the head of the post office to investigate the matter because the mailer may violate federal law. The RNC sent the forms — titled the 2019 Congressional District Census Mailer — to addresses in Bozeman, Montana, and informed recipients that "Your Participation is Urgently Needed," with instructions such as "Do Not Destroy Official Document," and "return your Census Document." Sent in late September, the forms told recipients to return by Oct. 15. In their letter, The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and The Native American Rights Fund argue that the mailers violate the Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act and could sow confusion among Native American communities in the state..... The RNC form includes questions about political party affiliation, foreign election interference and if they plan to support Trump in the 2020 election, among other topics. It also asks for donations to the RNC and the Trump re-election campaign ranging from $25 to $1,000. If they are unable to pay those amounts, it urges recipients to send $15 to "help pay for the costs of processing my Census Document." "This creates a fear among individuals and communities that they must respond to the official Census, and it is likely that many will view the mailing as just that — because it says it is," the letter said. "Furthermore, the letter solicits a contribution..... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/civil-rights-groups-slam-rnc-fraudulent-census-mailers-montana-residents-n1068401?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  15. Gershwin fan

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films Up to 2015

The Woman in the Moon (1929) Fritz Lang, Germany- 7/10 -Most of you already saw this one so I won't write up a long review. Yeah, I thought it was a really good sci-fi film that came on the heels of Metropolis' success. The effects are good for 1929 though the science isn't exactly right (atmosphere on only one side of the moon ).
  16. Today
  17. Is that a declaration of victory Or whatever. Having reached an impasse in our little discussion here, I thought to seek out some happy common ground and desist. But perhaps that's all wrong and it's something else (it is a bit cryptic). But that's no lie about Chekhov (the one with an H of course), he is a big fave.
  18. Brrrcold

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"The Ugly Duckling", HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON (1952) Next: A sea song.
  19. starliteyes

THREE word titles

20. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

Brian Dennehy
  21. Peebs

*A to Z of Movies*

Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)
  22. starliteyes

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

Spring Fever
  23. starliteyes

Movies by Number

One of the Best
  24. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Lina Lamont (Jean Hagen in Singin' in the Rain)
  25. starliteyes

People Pictures

A Modern Cinderella
  26. starliteyes

Places everyone!

The Secret Studio
  27. starliteyes

Movie Trivia

Peter O'Toole in My Favorite Year?
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here