All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jeffry Oliver

Three in One

Red Ryder Next: Hallie Berry, Lee Merriweather, Eartha Kitt
  3. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

WeAreBetterThanThis @ResistXIIXVXIX Members of the Trump admin. who have used personal email to conduct official business: 1) Ivanka Trump 2) Jared Kushner 3) Steve Bannon 4) Stephen Miller 5) Reince Priebus 6) Gary Cohn 7) Betsy DeVos Their hypocrisy has no limits. 1:23 AM · Oct 19, 2019·Twitter for Android
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information - The Washington Post State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information The years-long inquiry is an anticlimactic end to a controversy that overshadowed the 2016 campaign. washingtonpost.com 6:44 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  5. Bogie56

Lookalikes?

Errol Flynn and Amedeo Nazzari
  6. Gershwin fan

the big question

You can watch TCM on YouTube if you have an account but I'm not sure how it works.
  7. Gershwin fan

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films from 2016

1. The Handmaiden, Chan-wook Park, South Korea 2. Train to Busan, Sang-ho Yeon, South Korea 3. Les Innocentes, Anne Fontaine, France 4. 1898, Our Last Men in the Philipinnes, Salvador Calvo, Spain 5. Julieta, Pedro Almodovar, Spain 6. Neruda, Pablo Larraín, Chile 7. Your Name, Makoto Shinkai, Japan 8. The Lovers and the Despot, Ross Adam, Robert Cannan, UK 9. The King's Choice, Erik Poppe, Norway 10. Elle, Paul Verhoeven, France
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle When @jonathanvswan interviewed Jared Kushner & asked him repeatedly abt Khashoggi, Kushner said he couldn’t comment until rhe report was complete. IT’S COMPLETE 5:43 AM · Oct 19, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  9. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Ro Khanna @RoKhanna The CIA has now officially concluded that the Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi’s assassination. How much more evidence of human rights abuses does Trump need before we stop providing military assistance to Saudi Arabia? CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination Audio recordings, intercepted phone calls and other intelligence link Mohammed bin Salman to killing that Saudis say was conducted by rogue elements. washingtonpost.com 10:23 PM · Oct 18, 2019·TweetDeck
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Susan Rice @AmbassadorRice Then why did you come up and hug me at 2015 WHCD when I’d never met you (which was totally gross) and whisper in my ear that I had been “very unfairly treated” over Benghazi and “was doing a great job for the country”? Quote Tweet Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · 6h Susan Rice, who was a disaster to President Obama as National Security Advisor, is now telling us her opinion on what to do in Syria. Remember RED LINE IN THE SAND? That was Obama. Millions killed! No thanks Susan, you were a disaster. 11:15 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump Susan Rice, who was a disaster to President Obama as National Security Advisor, is now telling us her opinion on what to do in Syria. Remember RED LINE IN THE SAND? That was Obama. Millions killed! No thanks Susan, you were a disaster. 10:59 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

MSNBC @MSNBC "It is very strange... I am searching for - as we all should be as Americans - a plausible explanation for Donald Trump’s deep affinity for Vladimir Putin to the detriment of our national interest." - Fmr. National Security Advisor Susan Rice Susan Rice on Trump's phone call to Ukraine Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice tells Joy Reid that Donald Trump was prepared to sacrifice national security on that phone call. msnbc.com 5:01 AM · Oct 19, 2019·SocialFlow
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Howard Dean @GovHowardDean Lock him up.
  14. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

HuffPost Politics @HuffPostPol The Energy Department is insisting that the documents Perry has been subpoenaed to hand over are protected by executive privilege. Rick Perry Won't Comply With Subpoena In Impeachment Probe The outgoing Energy Secretary insists the impeachment inquiry "lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation." huffpost.com 8:12 PM · Oct 18, 2019·SocialFlow
  15. Today
  16. MovieCollectorOH

Can't edit thread title without mouse

Editing the thread title is pretty much a stupid idea anyhow. It makes it difficult for readers to follow where they left off, if in fact that is what others are supposed to do.
  17. Vulture @vulture Here's a look at this year's Rock Hall nominees, ranked in order from most to least deserving of induction All of the 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees, Ranked Who’s most deserving of induction? The list is slim. vulture.com 5:20 AM · Oct 19, 2019·SocialFlow
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Reuters Top News @Reuters People should have final say on Brexit - Corbyn reut.rs/2MqXhz0 5:20 AM · Oct 19, 2019·True Anthem
  19. MovieCollectorOH

Bad (old?) link in top menu...

A quick look at it using Firefox's network analyzer tool tells me that the TCM forum is fetching from a domain called: "http://content.invisioncic.com/q242003/" for its resources, where the "q242003" is their TCM forum identitfier. That is different from "http://turnerclassicmovies.invisionzone.com/". Both belong to a third party forum provider, https://invisioncommunity.com where this forum would actually be located. It looks to me that, at some point in the past, they changed the domain name and URL convention which their client's websites would access to get to their respective forums. Also I have been around here for about 4 years or so, and it seems to me there is nobody on hand to tweak this forum, outside of major outages for third party software upgrades. So for the third party domain name changes, they likely checked the most obvious links, just enough to make this forum functional, but didn't get to some of the deeper links.
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNN International @cnni Boris Johnson's battle to pass his Brexit deal is certain to come down to just a few votes. There are three crucial blocs of lawmakers in play: Does Boris Johnson have the numbers? Boris Johnson's battle to pass his Brexit deal is certain to come down to just a few votes. There are three crucial blocs of lawmakers in play: edition.cnn.com 5:15 AM · Oct 19, 2019·SocialFlow
  21. CoraSmith

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films from 2016

The Handmaiden, Chan-wook Park, South Korea Sami Blood, Amanda Kernell, Sweden The Commune, Thomas Vinterberg, Denmark Elle, Paul Verhoeven, France The Unknown Girl, Dardenne & Dardenne, Belgium The Salesman, Ashgar Farhadi, Iran Your Name, Makoto Shinkai, Japan The Innocents, Anne Fontaine, France Chocolat, Roschdy Zem, France The Red Turtle, Michaël Dudok de Wit, France The Fury, André van Duren, Netherlands The Olive Tree, Icíar Bollaín, Spain Perfect Strangers, Paolo Genovese, Italy Toni Erdmann, Maren Ade, Germany Heartstone, Gudmundur Arnar, Iceland
  22. sewhite2000

Sid & Judy

I didn't even know who "Sid" was until I read this article. I just don't know a lot (and often am not terribly interested) about the personal lives of the Golden Age Hollywood stars. I don't know that I really care to watch this. Just seems like more confirmation of what I've always heard about Judy's life - that she was handled as a commodity practically from birth. But I thought some of you might be interested: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-10-18/judy-garland-sid-luft-showtime-documentary
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Francis Wilkinson @fdwilkinson McCarthy should not be able to appear in public without being asked if he still believes Trump is paid by Putin. 12:20 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  24. sewhite2000

Bill Macy has passed

Must confess when I first saw this thread topic, I thought, "Oh my gosh, William H. Macy committed suicide because his wife is in jail for two weeks!" Then I remembered the other Bill Macy. Sorry to hear about this.
  25. My top FF films of 2016 of the 23 that I have seen are …. 1. The Salesman (2016) Asghar Farhadi, Iran 2. The Handmaiden (2016) Chan-wook Park, South Korea 3. Elle (2016) Paul Verhoeven, France 4. Train to Busan (2016) Sang-ho Yeon, South Korea 5. Julieta (2016) Pedro Almodovar, Spain 6. Tramontane (2016) Vatche Boulghourjian, Lebanon 7. Strangled (2016) Arpad Sopsits, Hungary 8. The Unknown Girl (2016) Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, Belgium 9. Les Innocentes (2016) Anne Fontaine, France 10. Toni Erdmann (2016) Maren Ade, Germany Hotel Salvation (2016) Shubhashish Bhutiani, India Kalinka (2016) Vincent Garenq, France Your Name (2016) Makoto Shinkai, Japan The Lovers and the Despot (2016) Ross Adam, Robert Cannan, UK [only about 20% is in English tops] Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016) Anurag Kashyan, India I’m a Killer (2016) Maciej Piepzyca, Poland Under the Shadow (2016) Babak Anvari, Iran Devil’s Bride (2016) Saara Cantell, Finland My Life as a Courgette (2016) Claude Barras, France and I’ve also seen … It’s Only the End of the World (2016) Xavier Dolan, Canada Aquarius (2016) Kleber Mendoca Filho, Brazil I, Olga Hepnarova (2016) Petr Kazda, Tomas Weinreb, Czech Republic Aloys (2016) Tobias Nolle, Switzerland
  26. Sunday, October 20 Two by Jia Zhang-Ke 2:25 a.m. Unknown Pleasures (2002). 4:15 a.m. The World (2004).
  27. Slavoj on "Joker" and how the character works better without a clear backstory.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us