All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Be interesting what Biden will call them if elected. (the sky's the limit) (Well that's something you don't see everyday, a pig inspecting his own kind )
  3. filmnoirguy

August 2019 Schedule is up - SUTS

Four of Susan Hayward's Oscar nominations will be shown, but her 5th Oscar nod that brought home the award is not on the August 30th schedule. I'm happy to see her honored. She's one of my favorites and feel she's pretty much overlooked today.
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

George Conway‏ @gtconway3d George Conway Retweeted Aaron Blake For those of you who haven’t noticed it yet, Donald J. Trump is a pathological liar.
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Aaron Blake‏Verified account@AaronBlake Whatever you think of the president, the irony of him decrying dishonest and incorrect reporting while making a series of dishonest and incorrect claims should never escape notice.
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Frank Thorp V‏Verified account@frankthorp DURBIN: “High drama in the cabinet room. We were all invited, dem leaders, for the follow-up meeting on infrastructure, everyone showed up, sat in their chairs, the President walked in the room and announced he was not going to go forward with the meeting, he was cancelling it.” DURBIN continues about the WH mtg on infrastructure: “(Trump) objected to the continued investigation of obstruction of justice, he said he cooperated and gave his side of the story, as we’ve heard before.” “I don’t know where this leaves us as a nation,” Durbin said. Durbin says the entire meeting lasted “no more than 5 minutes.” After he left Pelosi said a few words of the importance of the meeting and doing infrastructure, he says.
  7. kingrat

Those scenes with Dudley Moore and Billy Barty make me laugh, too. I think Foul Play is the best comedy of the 1970s, which admittedly wasn't a great decade for comedy. It holds up really well.
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Caitlin Huey-Burns‏Verified account@CHueyBurns This press conference is like an in-person Tweet storm
  9. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matt Laslo‏Verified accou@MattLaslo "We're doing tremendous executive orders," President Trump who ran a campaign against Obama's use of executive orders
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kevin M. Kruse‏Verified account@KevinMKruse President Trump just warned that if the House Democrats impeach him for all the substantial wrong he’s done, then some hypothetical House Republicans might impeach a future Democratic president over something meaningless. Like, I don’t know, lying about oral sex or something.
  11. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

Lord of the Flies (1963) - 6/10 British allegorical drama from director Peter Brook, based on William Golding's novel. A bunch of schoolboys end up stranded on a tropical island when their plane crashes. They are left with no adult supervision, so they soon descend into savagery. I'm not crazy about movies starring children, and this is nothing but kids. Most of the performances were bad, and I haven't seen a movie where so many actors glanced directly into the camera so often. The kid with the broken glasses was the worst, with painfully bad line deliveries. However, there is quite a bit of artistry in the B&W cinematography. I may have liked this more if I weren't in such a foul mood, but it's not likely. Source: The Criterion Channel
  12. A 'fool of low IQ': North Korea derides US presidential candidate Joe Biden North Korean state media has launched a stinging attack on the former United States vice president and current presidential candidate, Joe Biden, mocking him as a "fool of low IQ." The comments, published Wednesday, appear to closely mirror remarks made by US President Donald Trump and his supporters against the former vice president. In March, Trump called Biden "another low IQ individual," while his attorney Rudy Giuliani described him as a "mentally deficient idiot." North Korea's criticism of Biden comes in response to comments made by the former vice president in which he referred to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as a "dictator" and a "tyrant" during a campaign rally in Philadelphia on Saturday. North Korean state media, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), accused Biden of "slandering rhetoric," and described him as "reckless and senseless, seized by ambition for power." "What he uttered is just sophism of an imbecile bereft of elementary quality as a human being, let alone a politician," the KCNA article said. It proceeded to list off a range of embarrassing moments for Biden, and recommended that he "think back (on) the reason for his past two failures in presidential elections." "Yet, he is self-praising himself as being the most popular presidential candidate. This is enough to make a cat laugh," the statement said. ******************************************************* The North Koreans knew Biden for eight years, and got away with shooting off missiles under his watch. He solved absolutely nothing on foreign policy for all that time.
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

George Conway‏ @gtconway3d George Conway Retweeted Steve Holland Why not just put up a sign on the podium saying, “I am a loony tune”?
  14. hamradio

BUSINESS NEWS

The shortage are people whom don't want to do labor. Can't do, that is real work. Whaaaa. (bum looks like Curly Howard)
  15. Dargo

Noir Alley

So CJ. Did Gresham have to get the approval from George Halas and/or anyone from the Chicago Bears organization to use that title for his book? (...just wonderin')
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Rex Huppke‏Verified account@RexHuppke Rex Huppke Retweeted Steve Holland This is the modern-day equivalent of Nixon’s “I am not a crook!”
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Steve Holland‏Verified account@steveholland1 Out in the Rose Garden
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Abby D. Phillip‏Verified account@abbydphillip Trump is basically reiterating his tweets from this morning in person at the WH right now. Sounds like the infrastructure meeting did not go well.
  19. Anyone a fan of these? Some are better than others. There were eight of them. HOUSE OF USHER (1960). Based on the short story The Fall of the House of Usher. THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (1961). Based on the short story of the same name. THE PREMATURE BURIAL (1962). Based on the short story of the same name. TALES OF TERROR (1962). Based on Morella, The Black Cat, The Cask of Amontillado and The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar. THE RAVEN (1963). Based on the poem of the same name. THE HAUNTED PALACE (1963). Based on an H.P. Lovecraft novella but takes its title from a poem by Poe. THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH (1964). Based on the short story of the same name, plus Poe's short story Hop-Frog. THE TOMB OF LIGEIA (1965). Based on the short story Ligeia.
  20. Hibi

Still waiting to see this film, sadly.
  21. jakeem

Awards season 2018-2019

Bob Strauss‏ @bscritic #TheTomorrowMan is an old folks romance that substitutes dark psychological strains for the standard, cutesy stuff. Bravo to writer-director #NobleJones and lead players #JohnLithgow and #BlytheDanner.
  22. Hibi

SO happy they are showing When Tomorrow Comes with Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer! FINALLY. Think Mary Burns, Fugitive (with Sylvia Sidney) is a premiere also. Noticed some films I missed on their last showing will be back. Hopefully I can record them this time around. Some interesting choices along with the usual suspects as usual. Am Hoping Ryan and Roman are the backlot choices!
  23. rayban

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

Jason Priestley should have been a big, big movie star - "Love and Death on Long Island" - "Calendar Girl" -
  24. Hibi

Yes! It's wonderful she was chosen, but diappointed that more of her Bergman films are not being shown. LOST HORIZON? Please.
  25. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Leif Erickson‏ @ImLeifErickson Replying to @kathrynw5 Infrastructure Week strikes again
  26. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kathryn Watson‏Verified account@kathrynw5 We are going to the Rose Garden for — something. The president is scheduled to be meeting with Dems on infrastructure right now.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us