All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. LonesomePolecat

ClassiCategories

Just thought of this guy
  3. Princess of Tap

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

What an incredibly crude and ignorant man.
  4. jamesjazzguitar

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced

I went to see both of these groups a few weeks ago with Fee Waybill (he being a friend of Doobie Bro's singer \ pianist Michael McDonald), and our wives (Fee just got married a few weeks before this to a close friend of my wife). I was never into either band but liked the Khan band's music more. I just really don't 'get' McDonald and his Motown 'routine'; lame IMO. Two interesting things; During the Khan set, the bass player takes a solo while Khan leaves the set. Ok, he does his solo but it was clear that Kahn was 'missing-in-action'! But this band was alert and tight, so the bass player does a head-move and the guitar player does a solo,,,, then, with the band looking to stage-left (for Kahn), and she is still no-where-to-be-found,,,,, the other guitar-player takes a solo,,,,, then, still no Kahn,,,, the back-up singers start to improv,,,, (and they were very creative but one could see this wasn't planned!). Of course Fee being a pro notices this from the start and we laugh about it. Kahn, does finally come back on stage, but this was clearly a goof. The other thing was that there were two women who, trading places between songs, provided sign-language to, what I assume was a group of deaf folks seated very close to the stage. I also assume they were signing the words to the songs. Never seen this before and I wondered "only in L.A.?".
  5. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

@NBCPolitics · 1h Replying to @NBCPolitics During the White House meeting, President Trump shared his view that former Defense Sec. Mattis is "the world’s most overrated general" and made the assertion that "I captured ISIS," adding that "I captured them in 1 month," according to two sources familiar with the meeting. president's dig at Mattis came as he cut off Sen. Schumer, who was reciting a Mattis quote on the US withdrawal from northern Syria that stated ISIS would resurge if the US didn't keep pressure up on the terror group's remnants in the region.
  6. speedracer5

So . . . Scotty Bowers?

I was going to read his book. I don't know why. But it seemed like something I would read. I ended up having to return it to the library before I got a chance.
  7. Have you seen the new Duck Tales on Disney Channel? I was irritated that they were remaking a beloved cartoon of mine from elementary school, but I was actually pleasantly surprised as to how much I liked the new show. My only qualm was that I think the original rendition of the theme song is better than the new version.
  8. I wish they were showing the Disney Treasures collection of the WWII Disney propaganda cartoons. I thought they were fascinating. I especially liked the one where Donald Duck had a bad dream that he'd joined the Nazi party. EDIT: I'm sure the Walt Disney Treasure material will never make it onto the streaming service, as I imagine making such special edition product available to the masses would diminish the value of the collection.
  9. mr6666

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

Defense Secretary Mark Esper will no longer comply with impeachment inquiry In a letter sent to House Democrats on Tuesday, the Department of Defense argues that the subpoena is invalid and violates executive privilege. ...... House Democrats sent a subpoena to Esper on Oct. 7, giving him until Tuesday to comply. The House has warned that failure to do so would be evidence of obstruction of justice. ..... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/defense-secretary-mark-esper-will-no-longer-comply-impeachment-inquiry-n1067226?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np
  10. jamesjazzguitar

#Moscow Mitch

Uh, one must defeat McConnell before one can impeach and convict Trump. Therefore you're predicting Trump wins his re-election. Man, I hope you're wrong . Instead I'm hoping for a Trump AND McConnell defeat in the 2020 elections.
  11. CinemaInternational

So . . . Scotty Bowers?

I admit that that documentary last year was a bit of a sore topic with me. If it was made up mainly of lies, then it was just a garish attempt to try to do a "tell-all" that might make Hollywood Babalon blush and spread some salacious stories that perhaps the people it was said about never would have gotten into. If it was the truth, then you have the fact that these.... goings-on.... to use a mild term, were supposed to be done in secrecy and never get out to the press, where it would destroy these peoples lives.So, if it was the truth, what they wanted to keep secret would be exposed to everyone posthumously, at a point where they couldn't say anything.....
  12. jamesjazzguitar

Barack Obama Endores Justin Trudeau

Another dang foreigner interfering in another nation's election!
  13. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

@ZekeJMiller Trump on Turkey/Syria via @colvinj : “All American soldiers are away from the site. Syria and Turkey can fight... They’ve got a lot of sand over there...“There’s a lot of sand that they can play with." 9:40 AM · Oct 16, 2019 ================================= Brett McGurk @brett_mcgurk · 7h The callousness with which Trump describes what is now an emergency evacuation of US military positions — some of which we’re bombing as we leave — shows a total lack of regard for consequence and dishonors those who volunteered to serve our great country.
  14. sewhite2000

Movie Blunders

I don't want to belabor the point. It's all great music. I have most of those songs in my iTunes collection. I just find it hard to believe songs four to eight years old would be blaring out of the car radios of teenagers in that era way more the songs that were in the Top 40 at that moment.
  15. lydecker

So . . . Scotty Bowers?

RIP Scotty Bowers who died October 13 at the age of 94. I've always wondered how many of his "stories" one should really believe. Walter Pidgeon picking up the gas station attendant on Hollywood Boulevard?? Scott acting as "Hollywood Procurer" for several decades??? I guess truth could be stranger than fiction but me thinks Scotty "embellished" his exploits.
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kaili Joy Gray @KailiJoy I don’t think this picture shows what he thinks it shows. 6:31 PM · Oct 16, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump Nervous Nancy's unhinged meltdown! 6:29 PM · Oct 16, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  18. lavenderblue19

It's A Wonderful Town

The French Connection
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Mike DeBonis @mikedebonis NEW DETAIL per three sources: Trump said several times in mtg he wasn't concerned about terrorists 7,000 miles away. After Pelosi & Hoyer left, @RepLizCheney spoke up to remind Trump that the terrorists responsible for 9/11 "came from 7,000 miles away" themselves. Quote Tweet Mike DeBonis @mikedebonis · 1h LATEST: Democrats walk out of Syria meeting with Trump, saying he was insulting and went on a ‘nasty diatribe’ w/ @seungminkim washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-tries-to-distance-us-from-chaos-in-syria-says-kurdish-allies-are-no-angels/2019/10/16/7b6c5ac8-f037-11e9-b2da-606ba1ef30e3_story.html… Show this thread 6:09 PM · Oct 16, 2019·Twitter Web App
  20. The election is tight and Obama is popular with Canadians.
  21. Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

The female speaker kept her cool, while the male president melt down.
  22. Jeffry Oliver

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

Psycho (1960) Next: Alone
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery As Pelosi and Hoyer walked out of the meeting, Trump said to them, "I'll see you at the polls." (He will probably be seeing them before Nov. 2020.) 6:05 PM · Oct 16, 2019·Twitter Web App
  24. Peebs

The Seven Degrees of Paul Newman

Philip Ahn was in Portrait of a Hit man with Jack Palance Who was in The Silver Chalice with Paul Newman Next: Maria Schell
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us