All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. John467

Name the Western

The Rounders (1965) Next: Charles McGraw
  3. Princess of Tap

Who was in all 5 films?

Brrrcold, I started a thread called "Briefly Lyrical". That's the kind of lyric with the kind of composer that I was wanting for participants in that thread to bandy about. It's certainly one of the more memorable clever things that Cole Porter wrote. Please consider playing in that thread sometime.
  4. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

Richard Egan
  5. JakeHolman

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Robert Mueller Did Not Merely Reject the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theories. He Obliterated Them. THE TWO-PRONGED CONSPIRACY THEORY that has dominated U.S. political discourse for almost three years – that (1) Trump, his family and his campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election, and (2) Trump is beholden to Russian President Vladimir Putin — was not merely rejected today by the final report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller. It was obliterated: in an undeniable and definitive manner. https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18/robert-mueller-did-not-merely-reject-the-trumprussia-conspiracy-theories-he-obliterated-them/
  6. Princess of Tap

A Summer Place
  7. Gershwin fan

M A G A >> WINNING!

Attached to a post about a library too! I guess the library is only stocked with Julius Evola...
  8. HomeCinemaNerd

Secret Agent/Spy Films

Night Train to Munich has some Bond-ish elements. Not many gadgets but some good secret agent moments.
  9. Today
  10. Since Bogie's looking back, I want to mention a film that I liked very much. I'm not sure it has been mentioned in this thread. It's a 1987 Belgian movie called Crazy Love. I saw it in London when it was released but haven't heard much about it since. It's based on Charles Bukowski's writings (particularly The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, CA) and focuses on three stages in the life Harry Voss, from youthful exuberance to descent into misery. He has terrible acne, which is important to the story. The film's ending is as odd as they get. A strange, sad, and haunting film. Here is a quote from an article I just found about the film, followed by the link to the article, although I do not consider Crazy Love a horror film. "We first meet Harry as a twelve year old who falls in love with a princess who graces the screen of his local cinema. But after an encounter with an older woman who has had a bit too much to drink, his illusions of love are shattered. In reality things aren’t always as perfect as they are in fairytale movies, and thanks to Harry’s older friend his early attempts at getting laid leave him with experiences of adolescent horror. In the second story Harry is a nineteen year old ridden with acne, and this has turned him into a romantic pariah (if you throttled his neck, you’d produce enough custard to fill a bucket). Obsessed with a beautiful classmate, but lacking the confidence to talk to her, he instead turns to the liquor bottle knowing he can depend on it and that it won’t judge him because of the way he looks. However, through some drastic circumstances he does eventually get to dance with his teenage crush, albeit by having his head wrapped up in toilet paper for an oddly touching scene. The third and most disturbing story in the film finds Harry as a fully-grown homeless alcoholic who finally finds his perfect love in the form of a female corpse he steals from a parked hearse." https://horrornews.net/65198/film-review-crazy-love-1987/
  11. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

12. TopBilled

TopBilled’s Essentials

On Saturday I will post my review for
  13. mr6666

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

PBS NewsHour‏Verified account @NewsHour 1m1 minute ago “One of the most tantalizing parts of this report was in the appendix. It said special counsel Mueller and his team had referred 14 cases to other prosecutors,” reports @johnson_carrie ------------------------------------------------ Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 5m5 minutes ago 364/ Trump is facing *twenty* pending federal and state investigations, including counterintelligence investigations, and many focus on his transition— see: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1119049073410158601
  14. BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls

Retro Trivia

Yes! The two women who played Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched appeared together in the movie Dear Heart before the series began. It's your turn, lavenderlbue.
  15. BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls

Briefly Lyrical

"Make Believe" from Show Boat with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and music by Jerome Kern
  16. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

17. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

18. JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

19. LawrenceA

M A G A >> WINNING!

Just in case anyone missed this nugget of "wisdom" in the midst of all that effluvia.
  20. TopBilled

Adapt Ability

THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (1955) Next: Tom Tryon
  21. TopBilled

A to Z of Characters

Montgomery, James -- played by Harry Antrim in LET'S LIVE A LITTLE (1948)
  22. Davehat

TCMFF - had a fun time :-)

Thanks 🙂
  23. darrylfxanax

Hotties From Early TV

Lola Albright
  24. TopBilled

Dorothy McGuire
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here