All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Reuters Top News @Reuters U.S., Chinese teams working on Phase 1 trade deal text: Mnuchin reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-idUSKBN1WV2SJ?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5da819e3594d1700014c86c3&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter… 3:36 AM · Oct 17, 2019·True Anthem
  3. I preferred Sulu over Chekov because he seemed friendlier and more athletic.
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Reuters Top News @Reuters U.S. restores aid to Central America after reaching migration deals reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-aid-idUSKBN1WV2T8?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5da81af1594d1700014c86c8&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter… 3:40 AM · Oct 17, 2019·True Anthem
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Dan Diamond @ddiamond The front page of the NYT website — on day 1,000 of the Trump administration — reads like a parody prediction from 2016 of what Trump’s presidency would look like. 12:52 AM · Oct 17, 2019·Tweetbot for Mac
  6. Scheer says he expects the leader with most seats will form government https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/scheer-minority-government-1.5323901 Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says he expects that all parties "will respect the fact" that whoever wins the most seats on Oct. 21 will be the one to form government. Under Canada's parliamentary system, the incumbent prime minister remains prime minister until he or she formally resigns or is dismissed by the Governor General. If no party wins a majority of seats on Monday and the Liberals come in second to the Conservatives, Justin Trudeau could continue to govern by trying to gain the confidence of a majority of MPs in the House of Commons. If he decided to do so, Trudeau would have until mid-January to recall the House. He could also enter a coalition or informal power-sharing agreement with other parties. NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh has already opened the door to such a deal. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Traditionally the party with the most seats in a Canadian federal election takes power. A coalition government, however, between the second and third place parties, has been floated around in the media lately, spurted by Jagmeet Singh, leader of the NDP, saying that he would be willing to form one with the Liberals. Trudeau has not given a direct reply as to whether he would consider forming one with Singh (who would be included in the cabinet, along with a few others from his party, if it happened). Andrew Scheer's Conservatives know they have no chance of forming a coalition government with the NDP, therefore his "expectation" of the party with the largest number of seats forming government is understandable. It also shows that he is very concerned about the possibility of a Liberal-NDP coalition government. While Ontario has had a coalition government in its recent past, I can think of no time in modern Canadian history (I'm ready to be corrected on this) that this has occurred on the federal level. It is, however, legal to do so if the current PM (Trudeau) can get a majority vote from all parties in the House of Commons to do so. In 2008 Stephen Harper, then Conservative PM, prorogued parliament (after receiving the Governor General's permission to do so) in order to avoid a no confidence vote in the House that would have brought his party down, with the Liberals, NDP and Bloc Quebecois talking of then forming a coalition government to replace Harper's. By the time that Parliament was re-convened the Liberals had changed their mind about participating in a coalition government (deciding it was too politically dicey to form one with the Bloc, a separatist party), and the Harper Conservatives remained in power. To the best of my knowledge that was the closest that Canada ever came to forming a coalition government on the federal level. Until, possibly, next week, should the Trudeau Liberals come in second in the number of seats in a minority government situation. Who says Canadian politics are dull?
  7. Today
  8. skimpole

What movie should have won the most oscars?

Now it's 1996. Movie with the most nominations: The English Patient (12) Movie with the most awards: The English Patient (5) My choice for the most nominations: The English Patient (11) My choice for the most awards: Matilda (5-Picture, Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Art Direction, Editing) Did the actual Best Picture winner get anything: Oscars for Actor, Score and Costume Design
  9. Kickin' and screamin' ... food for powder, food for powder, says the lady ...
  10. hamradio

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

Now back to the purpose of the thread! Just watched "Deadly Engineering - Challenger Disaster / Bhopal" (2019) It took 35 years to make a proper documentary about how and why the chemical disaster happened at Bhopal on December 3, 1984? When it was discussed in the past, details were sketchy about the accident itself. Plant was a piece of junk when it happened and is still sitting there slowly rusting away.
  11. I love Chekhov. We at least agree on that, yea!
  12. LonesomePolecat

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Basil Rathbone next this guy never gets the girl
  13. LonesomePolecat

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Richard Burton was in TAMING OF THE SHREW with Michael Hordern
  14. hamradio

Barack Obama Endorses Justin Trudeau

All it takes is ******. Funny in the word filter allowed that but blanks out words not really offensive (past silly deletions I've encountered)
  15. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Rose, George
  16. LonesomePolecat

Actor/Movie Association Game

THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER
  17. LonesomePolecat

People Pictures

STOP PRESS GIRL (1949)
  18. LonesomePolecat

THREE word titles

UP THE CREEK (1958)
  19. LonesomePolecat

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

Hour of Glory (1949)
  20. LonesomePolecat

It's A Wonderful Town

ANNIE (cut from the film was a song called "NYC")
  21. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Movies*

THE UNINVITED
  22. yanceycravat

So . . . Scotty Bowers?

I still have that book!
  23. LonesomePolecat

Long Titles (6 words + up)

The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz (1955)
  24. LonesomePolecat

All about FOOD

THE WONDERFUL ICE CREAM SUIT (1998)
  25. LonesomePolecat

ClassiCategories

Fernando de Fuentes made a Mexican Revolution film trilogy: LET'S GO WITH PANCHO VILLA (1936) PRISONER 13 (1933) GODFATHER MENDOZA (1934) Also... THE WILD BUNCH (1969) THE UNDEFEATED (1969) THE SOLDIERS OF PANCHO VILLA (1959) VILLA RIDES (1968) VERA CRUZ (1954) A TOWN CALLED HELL (1971) JUAREZ (1939) WINGS OF THE HAWK (1953) CANNON FOR CORDOBA (1970)
  26. starliteyes

Movie Trivia

Excellent, lav! The thread goes back to you.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us