All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. hamradio

Movie Blunders

Just a little blunder, in the movie "Black Fury" (1935) during the hospital scene. An ELECTRIC wall clock doesn't tick...tick...tick...tick..
  3. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Movies*

THE VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970)
  4. LonesomePolecat

Three in One

Inspector Abberline next Florence Reed, Martita Hunt, Jean Simmons
  5. MilesArcher

Ghost of a Chance

Dickens' A Christmas Carol - Many versions of that story and lots of ghosts.
  6. MilesArcher

Husband and Wife

This husband and wife met while working in radio before World War II. After the war they both embarked on film careers, and over the years they worked together more than a few times. He appeared in film noirs and westerns in his early career, sometimes playing lawmen and sometimes playing villains, ranchers, and assorted other characters. He succeeded two stars of popular TV western series after the original stars had died. He and his wife both worked in a Hitchcock movie, but while he appeared on screen, she was only heard. He once appeared on an episode of a TV show where the leading character's name was the same as his name. She was the ultimate character actress, doing everything from Shakespeare to "The Real McCoys". She often used makeup and costumes to intentionally appear unattractive in her roles. She made several guest appearances on the Perry Mason TV show, sometimes as the murderer. She appeared several times on "Gunsmoke". One of the characters that she played led to her own TV series playing that character, although the show only lasted for half a season. They remained married more than fifty years. Can you name this couple?
  7. LonesomePolecat

Long Titles (6 words + up)

THE STRANGE CASE OF DR MANNING (1957)
  8. hamradio

I Just Watched...

"Black Fury" (1935) never heard of this coal miners movie before, LOVE IT! Had a happy ending. Nice to see a drama about a coal miners worries & woes that didn't revolved around global warming.
  9. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Filmmakers*

Johnson, Louis -- gaffer (Stanley and Livingstone)
  10. LonesomePolecat

Ghost of a Chance

THE CAT AND THE CANARY
  11. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"The Barn Dance" from SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS next a big production number from the 1960s
  12. GatorSteve

Comcast moving TCM to Sports/Entertainment Package

Would love to get rid of Xfinity but they are the only provider of internet in my area. In the last few months Xfinity has dropped the Smithsonian channel and TCM, and of course RAISING the monthly fee.
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

S.E. Cupp @secupp It blows my MIND that one President will be singularly, 100% responsible, not ambiguously, for unleashing hundreds of thousands of terrorists into the Sahel, Europe, and possibly the US. And he’s gloating about it. 2:09 AM · Oct 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  14. Today
  15. Arturo

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Nobody expected America to withdraw after ONE PHONE CALL to our morally bankrupt “leader”, and within a week, the worst case scenario is coming to pass, exposing our allies to ethnic cleansing, allowing the terrorist group ISIS to become a force again, and our diplomatic norms shredder for decades. Idiot Moron Trump has been warned of these consequences by all of his National Security Advisors, except the kiss-aaasssses. There is an argument to be made for us to move out of the area, but in a planned orderly fashion, not over a blackmail threat to the Effing Moron. You cannot defend the indefensible of his disastrous decision! He cannot handle the pressures of his job, because he is not competent in any aspect of it.
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNN @CNN Seven separate federal courts dealt major blows to Trump last week, on everything from his immigration policy to attempts to get his tax returns Trump has been clobbered by the courts -- and there may be more ahead The third branch of government last week began to exact a revenge on the President. And there's likely to be more bad news for Donald Trump from the federal courts system as the US House's impeachm... cnn.com 12:31 AM · Oct 15, 2019·SocialFlow
  17. Princess of Tap

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

" It's Alright With Me"-- Can-Can ( Frank Sinatra) Next: Your favorite musical big production number
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko Every single time Rudy Giuliani says Hunter Biden he’s actually referring to Rudy Giuliani
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Axios @axios NEW: President Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani tells Reuters he was paid $500,000 in consultancy work for the fraud prevention firm Fraud Guarantee, co-founded by indicted Ukrainian-American businessman Lev Parnas Giuliani says he was paid $500,000 to work for indicted associate's firm Fraud Guarantee He tells Reuters he was paid for consultancy work at the firm. axios.com 12:20 AM · Oct 15, 2019·TweetDeck
  20. MilesArcher

Ghost of a Chance

The Time Of Their Lives (1946) with Bud and Lou, as well as Marjorie Reynolds.
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets If I end up liking John Bolton at the end of all this, I’m going to be really ****. 12:25 AM · Oct 15, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  22. MilesArcher

Briefly Lyrical

You are correct, Bagels. Here is a clip: Nice work, Bagels. You're next.
  23. speedracer5

Your Favorite Potent Potable with a Movie

Along those lines, a Gibson or a very dry martini would be great with “All About Eve.” I may like very dry as well, as I think it’s the Vermouth that I don’t like. And I hate dirty martinis. Blech. I think a French 75 would be great with either “An American in Paris” or “Funny Face.”
  24. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Charles P. Pierce @CharlesPPierce I knew Bolton believed in regime change but I thought he meant overseas 11:57 PM · Oct 14, 2019·Twitter Web App
  25. speedracer5

Top Five Favorite Judy Garland Movie Songs

I don’t know how many have Showtime, but there is going to be a Judy Garland documentary airing on Friday. It’s called “Sid & Judy” and airs on the Showtime East channel at 5:00pm (PST) and then it airs on Showtime West at 8:00pm (PST).
  26. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

MSNBC @MSNBC According to correspondence obtained by @NBCNews, the White House tried to limit what Fiona Hill could say to Congress by raising the issue of executive privilege. Hill's lawyers did not believe that was the case. NBC News: White House tried to limit testimony for former Trump Russia adviser Correspondence between Fiona Hill's lawyers and White House Deputy Counsel Michael Purpura obtained by NBC News show that the White House tried to limit what Fiona Hill could say to Congress by... msnbc.com
  27. NipkowDisc

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY

we can't trash Columbus for 2 reasons... in jules Verne's novel From the earth to the moon the ship's name is columbiad and in star trek episode the galileo seven one of the searching shuttlecrafts is named Columbus.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us