All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lavenderblue19

It's A Wonderful Town

Sweet Smell of Success Queensboro Bridge, Brill Bldg. Times Square
  3. I was glad to see BARRY LYNDON decades ago projected 35mm in a theater. I don't think it would have captured me nearly as well seeing it on TV first. Kubrick's films always benefit by a big screen. So, my list are films everyone else likes-I've heard enough about them. Some movies just don't engage as well when watching on TV, home alone. Some films I need to be immersed in. Pather Panchali (1958) love Indian films, but barely got through the Music Room. I couldn't get into it. Eraserhead (1977) Started several times, fell asleep 7 Brides For 7 Bros (1954) I love this film but would love to see it on the big screen I've only seen Modern Times, but think ALL Chaplin films are much better with an audience. I mostly never watch silents at home but am lured out by any oft seen title like METROPOLIS or DR CALIGARI just for the experience. The Cinephile group I belong to showed a Harold Lloyd silent and few showed up. The powers that be think the fact it was a silent kept people away (like foreign films) I think no one knew who Harold Lloyd is. If they scheduled a CHAPLIN silent, like the KID, I think we'd sell out because of Chaplin's name and curiosity to see a film of his-many have never seen one! You gotta break the ice with a strong contender that most will like.
  4. lavenderblue19

Bill Macy has passed

RIP Bill Macy
  5. TikiSoo

Bill Macy has passed

I agree with TB's assessment. As a young tween in the 70's, I liked the dynamics between Walter & Maude- a strong woman with a man secure in his own strength. He played it well, a very understated comedic style. Wow 97! I hope he had a healthy happy life. Bill Macy always reminded me of a koala bear.
  6. Det Jim McLeod

Bill Macy has passed

I agree, I was a big fan of his and "Maude". He also had great chemistry with Conrad Bain, who played his best friend Arthur. There were a few episodes where Walter and Arthur are given the spotlight. These are some of the funniest episodes, I recall one show where Walter dreams that he kissed Arthur and tells him about it, then the two go on a fishing trip and uptight Arthur is constantly trying to act macho!
  7. Today
  8. Eh, how is Whitney Houston the most deserving? (crickets chirping) You sure can post 'em, but you never back your post's claims, jakeem. Back when Whitney Houston first came on the scene, the pop/AOR radio station I worked for was bombarded with Whitney Houston promo stuff. All of us were shocked by what "hard sell" they put on this one artist-the record company was trying to dictate how many times her songs were to be played per hour! The DJs were still educated, experienced people in the music business then and offended by this artificial push of one artist, now a commonplace practice. We all were underwhelmed by Houston's records most likely colored by resentment of being told how great she was. I still think most of her success was manufactured and the root cause of her chronic drug addiction. Around the same time period, Madonna debuted. While there was a push to play her songs, it was more organic. Publicity in other medias got her name & face out there and people were curious to hear her. The requests to play Madonna records came from the public. While I never have liked Madonna's music, she seemed to know how to use publicity aggressively, but not quite as offensively as Whitney Houston's reps.
  9. cigarjoe

the big question

That shouldn't matter for On Demand you play them when you want to watch them.
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Molly Jong-Fast @MollyJongFast Rarely has a name been so incredibly correct as with the 'THUG Act' 7:00 AM · Oct 19, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Hill @thehill Democrats introduce "THUG Act" to block federal funding for G-7 at Trump Doral resort hill.cm/ajahJ2g 2:21 AM · Oct 19, 2019·SocialFlow
  12. That is simply not true. He predicted a Trump win.https://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/ Note that this was a statement by Spence, not Gershwin fan.
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Aaron Rupar @atrupar "Trump supporters claimed that the bus company was part of a 'deep state' conspiracy aimed at silencing their voices ... In reality, the company withheld the buses because multiple credit card payments made by Trump rally organizers were declined" 11:16 AM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter Web Client
  14. sewhite2000

The Exorcist Conventional?

I thought this was a pretty interesting take on the film and why it may actually be more conventional and sort of out of place amongst the easy riders and raging bulls. Heck, I saw the director's cut when it was in theater some years back, and Friedkin apparently wanted to make it even more conventional by playing up Lee J. Cobb's very old school movie cop character. https://film.avclub.com/for-all-its-blood-vomit-and-obscenities-the-exorcist-1838894063
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Paul Begala @PaulBegala This story may be peak MAGA. Trump supporters cry bitter tears after bus company they never bothered paying leaves them stranded – Raw Story Trump supporters cry bitter tears after bus company they never bothered paying leaves them stranded Hundreds of Trump supporters this week were left stranded by bus company U.S. Coachways after the organizers for a “March for Trump” rally in Washington D.C. failed to pay them. The Daily Beast’s... rawstory.com 11:11 AM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPad
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Mediaite @Mediaite CNN's Van Jones Blasts Hillary Clinton: She's Playing a 'Very Dangerous Game' Going After Tulsi Gabbard Van Jones Rips Hillary Clinton Over Tulsi Gabbard Russia CNN's Erin Burnett opened a segment tonight looking at Hillary Clinton "push[ing] her own Russia conspiracy theory" about Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. mediaite.com 8:15 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter Web Client
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Ron Perlman @perlmutations Ya got 63 billion punk! Why don’t you take a page out of Bill Gates' book and figure out what you can give to the world instead of what you can take!
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Hill @thehill JUST IN: Zuckerberg defends allowing misinformation in campaign ads: It’s “something we have to live with" hill.cm/7J2vxYv 2:28 PM · Oct 17, 2019·SocialFlow
  19. Jeffry Oliver

It's A Wonderful Town

The Statue of Liberty Saboteur (1942) ("Kannnnnnnnnnnnnnne!")
  20. Jeffry Oliver

Three in One

Red Ryder Next: Hallie Berry, Lee Merriweather, Eartha Kitt
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

WeAreBetterThanThis @ResistXIIXVXIX Members of the Trump admin. who have used personal email to conduct official business: 1) Ivanka Trump 2) Jared Kushner 3) Steve Bannon 4) Stephen Miller 5) Reince Priebus 6) Gary Cohn 7) Betsy DeVos Their hypocrisy has no limits. 1:23 AM · Oct 19, 2019·Twitter for Android
  22. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information - The Washington Post State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information The years-long inquiry is an anticlimactic end to a controversy that overshadowed the 2016 campaign. washingtonpost.com 6:44 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  23. Bogie56

Lookalikes?

Errol Flynn and Amedeo Nazzari
  24. Gershwin fan

the big question

You can watch TCM on YouTube if you have an account but I'm not sure how it works.
  25. Gershwin fan

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films from 2016

1. The Handmaiden, Chan-wook Park, South Korea 2. Train to Busan, Sang-ho Yeon, South Korea 3. Les Innocentes, Anne Fontaine, France 4. 1898, Our Last Men in the Philipinnes, Salvador Calvo, Spain 5. Julieta, Pedro Almodovar, Spain 6. Neruda, Pablo Larraín, Chile 7. Your Name, Makoto Shinkai, Japan 8. The Lovers and the Despot, Ross Adam, Robert Cannan, UK 9. The King's Choice, Erik Poppe, Norway 10. Elle, Paul Verhoeven, France
  26. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle When @jonathanvswan interviewed Jared Kushner & asked him repeatedly abt Khashoggi, Kushner said he couldn’t comment until rhe report was complete. IT’S COMPLETE 5:43 AM · Oct 19, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  27. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Ro Khanna @RoKhanna The CIA has now officially concluded that the Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi’s assassination. How much more evidence of human rights abuses does Trump need before we stop providing military assistance to Saudi Arabia? CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination Audio recordings, intercepted phone calls and other intelligence link Mohammed bin Salman to killing that Saudis say was conducted by rogue elements. washingtonpost.com 10:23 PM · Oct 18, 2019·TweetDeck
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us