All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. jamesjazzguitar

2020 Election

Talked to a few Bernie supporters over the weekend; for them it is all or nothing like it was in 2016: I.e. if the Dem party screws Bernie again and he isn't the nominee, they are voting for anyone but the Dem candidate. All I said to them was; thanks for re-electing Trump!
  3. jakeem

Star centennial birthdays

This has got to be a record when it comes to celebrity marriages. Here's a story about them. The Vintage News‏ @TvnVintage The Centennial Couple – Kirk Douglas is 102 and his Wife Anne Just Turned 100! https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/04/23/douglass-wife/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=tvnvintage
  4. cigarjoe

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

You know what they say about opinions...... We didn't believe Twump would win either.......
  5. jamesjazzguitar

You believe such a plan will cause GOP politicians to lose elections in 2020: I believe it will only help them.
  6. LawrenceA

a new hate target for the left: Kate Smith

When I read something like the above, I have to wonder if you're just that unaware, or if you're doing some kind of comedy routine. You call other people petty, yet throw in the "fat" description for no discernible reason. You also blast people being judgmental in the middle of a post of you being judgmental. or
  7. cigarjoe

I think a nice long exposing inquiry is the way to go drag it out until 2020, make the republicans defend all the malfeasance, etc., etc, that comes out, dominate the news cycle every week. Who care is the Senate doen't convict him it will expose the repuds for what they are morally bankrupt and hypocrites.
  8. Gershwin fan

Don't worry, Nip. In a few days, they'll forget all about her and move their faux outrage on to something else.
  9. rayban

I Just Watched...

Rohmer's dry wit - and talkativeness - is fascinating. But it's an acquired taste, isn't it?
  10. NipkowDisc

and that is the great problem with liberalism. it's great chronic flaw always sinking to the level of irrational pettiness. hating on a fat dead woman for a song she sang in 1931. if you're petty enough long enough, people wake up and see that all that is being peddled is a mean hateful pettiness and an unforgiving judgmentalism. kate smith long dead sure ain't gonna know her statue has fallen into defamity. the motivation from the PC schtootzes can be only one thing... to offend all us white devil hon kees. you cannot plead for love and tolerance and then take a sheet on those you are pleading to for those things. it makes no sense.
  11. TopBilled

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

Yes. She was under contract with David Selznick in the 40s, after she left Fox. Her last movie was in 1949, when her contract with Selznick ended. But she did a TV series in the 50s. So her career on screen continued for awhile.
  12. rayban

I Just Watched...

That ending could never be forgotten. Years later, in his "People" magazine confessional, he admitted that Ingrid Bergman wanted to have an affair with him, but that he couldn't or wouldn't follow through on her obvious interest in him.
  13. cigarjoe

2020 Election

So somebody find out what he really said, knowing Nipzoid this post above is to be taken with a grain of salt.
  14. Michael Rennie

25 years later, TCM still abides (so movie lovers pray)

I might ask the same question regarding how much sales are and/or profits. CNN makes money from selling ads. TCM does not. So these are the ads, as so many have already said. I have no idea what TCM was like in the past. I have been a customer to TCM for more than 5 years and less than 10 years. I'm really not sure. In 1994, I was on a 36-channel cable system and we had AMC. You could still hook the little black wire directly to the TV. Plan on TCM being different 25 years from now (2044!).
  15. Trump to CNN: 'Congratulations' on Lowest Ratings of the Year President Donald Trump on Monday mocked CNN after The Daily Caller reported the news network posted its lowest ratings of the year this past week. Trump tweeted, "Congratulations!" along with a link to The Daily Caller article noting CNN averaged an audience of 690,000 people the week of April 8-12, with only 180,000 viewers between the ages of 25-54, a vital demographic for the network. That same week, MSNBC averaged 1,600,000 viewers in prime time, with 249,000 aged 25-54. Fox News performed even better with 2,438,000 viewers and 394,000 in that age range. During that time, CNN hosted three presidential town halls with Democratic candidates, including Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., Washington Gov. Jay Inslee and former House and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro. Gillibrand's town hall performed the worst, ratings-wise, with 507,000 viewers, lagging behind Inslee's 549,000 and Castro's 654,000. CNN finished that week as the 15th most popular basic cable network, after the Food Network, the Discovery Channel, TLC, and A&E. *********************************************** As people with TDS slowly get cured, CNN's ratings began to suffer like this.
  16. jamesjazzguitar

Ham that is partially true; To impeach doesn't require any teeth, just stupidly. The Dems have a majority and that is all it takes to impeach. BUT to convict requires 2\3 of the Senate and that is almost a full jaw. Trump supporters should welcome an impeachment that dies in the Senate. It would be a major boost for the Trump campaign.
  17. cinemaspeak59

Theme Songs That Fit A Movie or TV Show Perfectly

Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds perfectly expresses the themes in John Hughes' seminal 1985 teen movie The Breakfast Club.
  18. NipkowDisc

2020 Election

so stupe Bernie makes a big one last nite and says that criminals like murdering terrorist jihadist scum should be allowed to vote while in prison... his own 2016 supporters should know damn well by now that he let them all down by not running against Hillary as aggressively has he could and now ivan kragoff is just continuing the stupidity routine.
  19. jamesjazzguitar

2020 Election

Why do you assume a majority of voters think like you do???? I find that odd. As we have discussed you are an over 70 white man from the south. That no longer represents a majority demographic especially in the Dem party. I have no idea how the majority of Dems will vote other than they typically follow identity politics (which of course helps Warren in one regard). Note that Warren is giving out prizes like it's Christmas; E.g. forgiving student loans for up to 49 million Americans. Isn't it logical to assume many of the 49 million are gullible enough to buy-into her nonsense and empty promises?
  20. rayban

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

Shirley Temple did have a second career in Hollywood - late teens, early twenties, I presume.
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

MSNBC‏Verified account@MSNBC Network of 5,000+ pro-Trump Twitter bots railed against the “Russiagate hoax” shortly after the release of the redacted Mueller report last week, according to data gathered by a prominent disinformation researcher and analyzed by @NBCNewsTech. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/after-mueller-report-twitter-bots-pushed-russiagate-hoax-narrative-n997441?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  22. Gershwin fan

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply anything about Smith's personal opinions but that rather slang and motifs in music have changed in such a way that I understand why the song offends the PC types that are so prevalent today. Personally, I couldn't care less about this latest "outrage" about her. This song was available to the public for 8 decades but only now it outrages people.
  23. jaragon

Hot TV Guys

Dustin Milligan has star potential
  24. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Josh Campbell‏Verified account@joshscampbell Josh Campbell Retweeted Betsy Woodruff So, law enforcement working to stop a national security threat is worse than the threat itself? Seriously? Hard not to view this as Kremlin-esque.
  25. jamesjazzguitar

I notice there is a commercial where they are playing that John Lennon song Help; Lennon was a sexist women hating man and all of his music must be purged.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us