2. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

MAN'S FAVORITE SPORT? (1964)
  3. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

ALL MY SONS (1948)
  4. Sepiatone

The Exorcist Conventional?

Well, the writer was correct about one thing.... THE EXORCIST did outgross most other movies. And not only money-wise. But retrospects like this serve no purpose but to rehash old, dismissed perspectives and largely are a "see what you wish" exercise. Like the bit about Father Merrin feeling he somehow freed the demon to go and possess someone at will. From the novel, I got the impression, upon Merrin viewing the ancient sculpture of the demon image that he felt an inward realization that the demon( and a one time adversary) was back in "business" and his presence would be required soon. In the movie, you hear the possessed Regan calling Merrin's name when in one of the throes of the demon's fits long before Merrin shows up on the scene. Sepiatone
  5. TheCid

TCM schedules

I have Blue Dahlia on DVD and watch it occasionally. Definitely a much better movie than TGFH. Never seen Saigon, but I am a sucker for any movie purportedly set in Saigon during that period.
  6. Jeffry Oliver

It's A Wonderful Town

My father had an office in the Brill Building, right upstairs from Jack Dempsey's and Sam Goody's. A long time ago, in a New York far, far away.
  7. JakeHolman

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

my favorite evil white man ... george washington the great ...
  8. Princess of Tap

Sid & Judy

You need to watch it and find out more about Sid Luft. He was a man who took really good care of Judy. Even after they were divorced, he still did all he could to help her whenever she called him. He also took care of his own children by Judy and tried to help Liza after the death of her father, whenever he could. In addition to being the of her two youngest children, he produced A Star is Born was Warner Brothers and he is singularly responsible for helping Judy to start--promoting and backing her up --in the concert career she had after she was kicked out of Hollywood. Sid was a tough guy and was in more than his share of scrapes, but he did what he could to take care of Judy after most everybody else had already dumped her and giving up on her. Sometime, when you're not too busy, you should read what Judy's children-- all three of them say about their father and stepfather.
  9. TheCid

Noir Alley

I assume This Gun for Hire is the Noir Alley selection for Oct. 19. I purchased the DVD several years ago and watched it once. May have to pull it out and watch it again, but I just didn't get much out of it. Seems to drag a lot. There are other Noir/mystery movies with Ladd and/or Lake that I do like, but not this one.
  10. TopBilled

TCM schedules

My favorite (of their four collaborations) is THE BLUE DAHLIA. TCM never shows SAIGON (1948).
  11. TheCid

TCM schedules

I assume This Gun for Hire is the Noir Alley selection. I purchased the DVD several years ago and watched it once. May have to pull it out and watch it again, but I just didn't get much out of it. Seems to drag a lot. There are other Noir/mystery movies with Ladd and/or Lake that I do like, but not this one.
  12. Sepiatone

the big question

My daughter tried Sling, but they immediately dropped a local channel (Channel 2 in Metro Detroit is a Fox network affiliate) that she frequently tuned into, so she dropped it and switched to FUBO. But, as others here pointed out, that probably couldn't help you with the TCM "app." Sepiatone
  13. Princess of Tap

Leave Him To Heaven-- the presidential hate of drumpf aka trump

John Bolton, trump's former National Security Advisor, recently resigned to protest trump's Ukrainian Conspiracy.
  14. Sepiatone

Bill Macy has passed

So, God DID finally get Walter for that! But in seriousness, Macy was an integral part of the show MAUDE, and did a fine job of making his character one that elicited both respect and sympathy. Bea Arthur's MAUDE reminded me and my siblings a lot of our Mother, who required a modicum of fortitude and deep seated love and respect to be able to handle( as did Maude) and Macy pulled it off deftly. Rest In Peace, Bill. Sepiatone
  15. Some trump supporters are racists just like trump. Some trump supporters are misogynists just like trump. And here we find out that some trump supporters don't pay their bills just like trump.
  16. Sorry, but I must disagree a bit. Of all the Kubrick movies I saw, NO screen of ANY size will improve his wretched THE SHINING. Sepiatone
  17. Princess of Tap

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Anti-Arab, Anti-Muslim American president made a fool of by Arab Muslim country.
  18. Sepiatone

NickAndNora34's Disney Movie Journey

Those always amazed me. HAD to be greatly patient camera operators, as to me it always seemed as if the animals were following a script and taking direction! And no doubt, the editing had a lot to do with that illusion. Sepiatone
  19. With just two days to go to the Canadian election it would appear that the following are the three most likely possibilities: 1. A Liberal minority government 2. A Conservative minority government 3. A Liberal-NDP coalition government The third would be historic since I don't believe there has been one on the federal level before. Minority governments and coalition governments (on a provincial level) have been productive, if the political parties involved are willing to make it work, but there will usually be another election in around two years. I suspect the Liberals will remain in power one way or the other but, if the polls are wrong, and the Conservatives do better than expected, it would be exceedingly difficult for Trudeau to not resign. (Unlike some in other countries, he wouldn't claim a fake electoral process if he lost).
  20. Sepiatone

Ron Ely

But sadly, Ron Ely was never on either show(he said, trying to get back on track ). Sepiatone
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us