All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. backpacker2007

What Do I Need to Do?

Thanks Shutoo, sorry it's taken so long to respond to your comment. Just got my cable bill today. It's gone up again, this time increased by $10.00, without any changes being made to my service, equipment, or programing.
  3. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Trump hotel cancels Christian aid group's event to support the Kurds: report A prayer event for the Kurdish people that was scheduled for this week at President Trump's hotel in D.C. was abruptly canceled, The Washington Post reported. The event, dubbed "A Night of Prayer for the Kurds," was planned by Frontier Alliance International (FAI), a nonprofit Christian organization that provides medical aid in the Middle East. FAI's administrator, Charlene Struebing, said hotel staff had expressed "security concerns."..... However, a D.C. police spokeswoman told the newspaper that it had not "received any information regarding potential security threats or concerns with this event." ....... https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/467039-trump-hotel-cancels-christian-aid-groups-event-a-night-of-prayer-for-the
  4. TheCid

Racism in Trump's America

Will be interesting to see if Trump actually shows up Friday at Benedict College in Columbia SC, an HBCU with a large majority black enrollment. It is not actually sponsored by the school, but they are hosting it on their campus. Second Step Presidential Justice Forum. Nine Dems are scheduled to speak on Saturday and Sunday.
  5. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

John Lithgow pens book of protest poetry about Trump: 'A lot of damage is being done' Lithgow, who says that he’s “always been reticent to go political in a public way” hopes that “Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse,” a collection of poems and illustrations he’s crafted, may help wake readers up to the prospect of four more years. ........ https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/467016-john-lithgow-pens-book-of-protest-poetry-about-trump-a-lot-of-damage-is
  6. TomJH

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump @realDonald Trump I understand that Cat in the Hat is very good. No, I haven't read it yet but I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile, LYNCHING continues. Democrats BAD!
  7. John Lithgow pens book of protest poetry about Trump: 'A lot of damage is being done' ...."I think he has a good chance of winning, mainly because of the ruthlessness of his politics,” the 74-year-old Emmy and Tony Award winner said. “Tyranny works.” Lithgow, who says that he’s “always been reticent to go political in a public way” hopes that “Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse,” a collection of poems and illustrations he’s crafted, may help wake readers up to the prospect of four more years......... “I’ve always been a little bit wary about using my own celebrity, such as it is, for anything. But the Trump era has changed everything. He’s yanked me into the public arena.” Included in “Dumpty,” which hit store shelves on Tuesday, are verses that take satirical aim at Vice President Pence — “Hentsy Pentsy sat on a fence, The most vapid and vacant of vice presidents. / A poem? Alas, at the end of the day, Quite frankly, dear reader, there’s not much to say” — and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, imagined as a contestant in a Trump beauty pageant....... “Doing sort of handsprings with language and wit with rhyme and meter is the perfect response, for one thing, the debasement of language in this administration. I thought I’ll just concentrate on being as clever and creating the snappiest rhymes I possibly can to just captivate people, make them laugh in spite of themselves.” ..... “I just feel I am an entertainer. I am sort of a lightweight politically — so what can I do? I can entertain people and I can entertain people with a not-so-hidden political agenda.” https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/467016-john-lithgow-pens-book-of-protest-poetry-about-trump-a-lot-of-damage-is
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Bill Carter @wjcarter But wait, just this week Trump told us he was getting his best polls ever! Whom are we to believe? This raft of professional polls, or the one in DT’s head? 10:38 AM · Oct 23, 2019·Twitter for iPad
  9. TheCid

Elizabeth Warren Pres. Candidacy.....

YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THE "CONS" IN THE ARTICLE TO SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH WARREN'S PLAN. And why it will not work.
  10. UK weather warning: October set to be coldest on record -Britain braces for snow THIS WEEK OCTOBER is on track to be the coldest on record as temperatures plummet to -4C and widespread frost and snow are predicted. “We’re expecting this to go down as the coldest October ever.” On Monday morning the mercury plummeted to -4.8C in Tulloch Bridge in northern Scotland. A shock chart from Net Weather shows there is an 80 percent chance of snowfall in parts of the north and a 90 percent chance in Scotland on Saturday. But before regions are blanketed in snow, downpours and gusts of wind are expected across the UK. Exacta Weather forecaster James Madden said this winter could see “snow after snow” due to weather systems from the Atlantic clashing with “cold stagnated air over the UK”. In their long range forecast for next weekend, the Met Office predicts “unsettled and perhaps very windy conditions could extend across much of the UK”. They also said the last week of the month, from Sunday October 27 to Saturday November 2 , will bring dry spells and more settled conditions overall. ****************************************** This must be a mistake, we are suppose to be having the hottest year ever, since records were kept. Mass starvation and dying, people getting sick, animals dying.
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Bill Kristol @BillKristol New Q poll: “President Trump's job approval rating has dipped below 40 percent for the first time since the impeachment inquiry began as 38 percent say they approve of the job he is doing, and 58 percent disapprove. Last week, 41 percent approved...” QU Poll Release Detail Approval Of Impeachment Inquiry Reaches 55 Percent, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Voters Disapprove Of Trump's Decision On Syria 2-1 poll.qu.edu 7:58 AM · Oct 23, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  12. TalkTalk123

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

An ABC News poll shows Clinton leading Trump, 50% to 38% CNN's Poll of Polls average has Clinton ahead 48% to 39%
  13. California governor wants investigation of high gas prices California's governor has asked the attorney general to investigate why the state's gas prices are so high, pointing to a new report suggesting big oil companies are "misleading and overcharging customers" by as much as $1 per gallon. Name brand retailers — including 76, Chevron and Shell — often charge more because they say their gasoline is of higher quality. But a new analysis from the California Energy Commission could not explain the price difference, concluding "there is no apparent difference in the quality of gasoline at retail outlets in the state." The commission said California drivers paid an average of 30 cents more per gallon in 2018, with the difference getting as high as $1 per gallon in April of this year. The result is California drivers paid an additional $11.6 billion at the pump over the last five years. "There is no identifiable evidence to justify these premium prices," Newsom wrote in a letter to Attorney General Xavier Becerra. "If oil companies are engaging in false advertising or price fixing, then legal action should be taken to protect the public." Becerra's office said in an email it had received Newsom's request and "will handle accordingly." The California Energy Commission said it "does not have any evidence that gasoline retailers fixed prices or engaged in false advertising." But it said the industry did not provide any proof that its gasoline was better than what the state requires all retailers to sell. Catherine Reheis-Boyd, president of the Western States Petroleum Association, said the industry trade group is reviewing the report. But she said it was important to note California's fuel taxes and standards, which are more strict than other states, account for the first $1.07 per gallon at the pump. *************************************** I never thought I would live to see this day, where California democrats complain about the high gas prices that they created. Every chance they got, they tacked on higher and higher taxes. Now the global warming crowd thinks high taxes are good too. So this is where it ends up, yet now they blame it on--- drum roll please-- the oil companies.
  14. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz @MattGertz Fox & Friends, 6:27 a.m. Trump, 8:29 a.m. 8:31 AM · Oct 23, 2019·TweetDeck
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz @MattGertz President Trump once again starts the day by reading false Ukraine talking points off his TV screen. Fox & Friends, 7:04 a.m. Trump,7:32 a.m. 8:05 AM · Oct 23, 2019·TweetDeck
  16. Today
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Manu Raju @mkraju More than two dozen House conservatives rail on Schiff and the process outside the closed impeachment proceedings, and have now entered the SCIF - and they are bound to be kicked out bc they don’t serve on the three committees conducting the probe. It is being led by Matt Gaetz 10:07 AM · Oct 23, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  18. UK police say 39 bodies found in Essex lorry Driver of the lorry arrested as authorities report victims include 38 adults and one teenager. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/uk-police-39-bodies-lorry-essex-191023084532276.html
  19. LornaHansonForbes

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

why do I get the feeling that- had this snap made it to the cover of VOGUE- it would've been the best selling issue of ALL TIME?
  20. LornaHansonForbes

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

I've had IT'S NOT FOR ME TO SAY stuck in my head all morning. Hopefully some of you do too now.
  21. mr6666

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

Bill Taylor's full opening statement to House committees https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/bill-taylor-s-full-opening-statement-house-committees-n1070336?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us