All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Somehow I think TCM will survive two harsh reviews from IMDB.
  3. cigarjoe

I Just Watched...

I made it through about 15 minutes, I couldn't get take Beatty's fake Italian accent.
  4. No, that happens in Maitresse too (with Depardieu looking on ). Touki Bouki also has a horse slaughtering scene, I believe.
  5. Mikel Jollett‏Verified account @Mikel_Jollett 2h2 hours ago ...... 1. We didn't have a wave election in 2018 so Democrats would be passive. They were elected w the mandate to check Trump. 2. Leadership saying, "It's bad politics to impeach," is bad messaging (so we only do the right thing if it polls well?) 3. Unlike REMOVAL from office which is in the Senate, impeachment is in the House, so it doesn't matter if we have the votes to remove him. 4. A public reckoning of the endless crimes of the Trump family would dominate the news cycle every day for the rest of Trump's term. ======================= & with Dems appearing for moral high ground & rule of law
  6. Princess of Tap

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

trump's made a whole political career out of being a liar. So Sanders figures it ought to work for her too. After all oh, the Republicans don't care, the trump supporters don't care-- so why should she care? It's up to the majority of American people to decide if they want a government of liars, lawbreakers and bigots or are they going to demand something better?
  7. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Ken Klippenstein‏Verified account @kenklippenstein 20h20 hours ago Incredible how little attention this story is getting
  8. Yesterday
  9. misswonderly3

Staying here?

I like to think so too, Dargs. Which reminds me, I keep meaning to post on that "Dedications" thread, maybe we here at the TCM boards should dedicate a movie to finance /aka DownGoesFrazier: it would have to be The Apartment, I believe he said that was his favourite movie. Also, for "Lorrie", who sadly passed away several years ago but who used to post here about John Garfield: I'd dedicate a movie to her, of course a John Garfield one.Maybe Force of Evil, or The Breaking Point. And of course, a dedication for our old friend Fred C. Dobbs, who also died a few years ago. He was a frequent poster here. His dedication movie would have to be The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
  10. misswonderly3

I Just Watched...

Well, that was fun. Thanks, Fedya, I haven't thought of that song in ages. (Maybe if Karen Stone had had Barrie Manilow to swing her around, she'd have cheered right up.)
  11. She knows that's not going to happen. The GOP are not going to agree to that.
  12. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

I suggest you read the report. I provided a link in this thread today.
  13. Fedya

I Just Watched...

Now she's lost her mind
  14. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NBC News‏Verified account @NBCNews 5m5 minutes ago New Mexico Gov. Lujan Grisham tells militia group to stop arresting migrants at the border: "Regular citizens have no authority to arrest or detain anyone." ...... “The Trump administration’s vile racism has emboldened white nationals and fascists to flagrantly violate the law,” the ACLU said. “This has no place in our state: We cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum. We urge you to immediately investigate this atrocious and unlawful conduct." According to Reuters, the group, made up mainly of veterans, has been patrolling in the area near Sunland Park since late February. They've been posting videos almost daily of members in camouflage and armed with semi-automatic rifles holding asylum-seekers who have crossed the border.......... https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/no-authority-new-mexico-governor-tells-militia-stop-arresting-migrants-n996516?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  15. Gershwin fan

Hotties From Early TV

Cheryl Hall (most famous as Shirley on Citizen Smith)
  16. misswonderly3

I Just Watched...

Thanks for your take on the film, rayban. Yes, I believe everything you said about it is true. I had those same insights as I watched it (except for the final scene, where I really thought there was a strong chance she was going to be, quite literally, murdered. But degradation will also suit the purposes of the story...) Here's the thing though: I don't care. I don't care about characters who are self-absorbed and "don't have the resources to invent a new life" for themselves. A leading character in a film doesn't have to be "good" (often I prefer them not to be), or even likable, for me to be engaged in their story. But they do have to be interesting. And Karen Stone is not in the least bit interesting. She is, as you say, unable to cope, because "it's always been all about her", and she doesn't know how to manage now that she's lost both her youth and her husband. She doesn't even want to continue her friendships, and the one she had with Meg (Coral Browne) seemed worth keeping. Meg is the only character who seems to genuinely care about Karen, and the only one who is honest with her. But of course, because of that very honesty, Karen Stone avoids Meg. She never wants to have "real" conversations with anyone. She never developed an interest in anything else - not even the theatre, it seems. Her acting career was, apparently, just a way for her to get the adoring attention she sought. Mrs. Stone is a completely uninteresting person, and as such, her story did not interest me. For me, there's nothing about The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone that moves or even provokes me.
  17. mr6666

Elizabeth Warren Pres. Candidacy.....

Elizabeth Warren‏Verified account @ewarren 3h3 hours ago The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty. That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States. https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1119331296470237185
  18. Dargo

Hotties From Early TV

Excuse me here sagebrush, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't Barbara Feldon, but is a pic of my gal Stefanie Powers from The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.
  19. Dargo

Staying here?

Aaaah, so you TOO, eh MissW?! AND, according to the latest scuttlebutt, the very reason DownGoesFrazier no longer posts around here anymore. All his TCM paychecks from his voluminous postings over the years, afforded him the opportunity to retire and move to Costa Rica, and where he's now happily sipping on Pina Coladas while pedaling away in his spin classes down there. (...well, I like to think that's what happened to the guy anyway)
  20. NipkowDisc

Hotties From Early TV

she shoulda been the nude bomb.
  21. mr6666

Films in 2019

‘The Curse Of La Llorona’ Leading Easter Weekend With $19M-$20M Opening https://deadline.com/2019/04/the-curse-of-la-llorona-shazam-easter-weekend-box-office-2-1202598869/
  22. NipkowDisc

Hottest Teen Idols

she was 14 LIS's 3rd year but I always felt she looked at least 17 with her new look.
  23. StopMotion823

A TOWN CALLED PANIC (2010)-it may be stop motion but it's great

I love stop motion, thanks for sharing! My friend just started a Stop Motion You Tube channel. Please check it out and share with friends. He needs support. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvLJab5qmTaFEGlvvvwuA2g Thanks!
  24. sagebrush

Hotties From Early TV

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Agent 99 (Barbara Feldon) yet.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us