1. Past hour
  2. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Movies*

X, Y, AND ZEE (1972)
  3. TopBilled

Places everyone!

THE L-SHAPED ROOM (1962)
  4. ClassicMovieholic

Which movies would you most love to see in a theatre?

I'm a pushover for spectacle and a proverbial "cast of thousands," so I'd love to see Quo Vadis (1951) and El Cid (1961) on a really big screen; two super-colossal epics that don't get revived as often as perennial favorites like Gone With The Wind, Ben-Hur, or Lawrence of Arabia. I was also disappointed to miss a two-night, 50th-anniversary showing of Cleopatra (1963), restored to 4+ hour length with one half shown on each night. Ultimately, I didn't want to go alone, and I didn't have the heart to make my poor wife sit through over four hours of a genre she's not that fond of spread over two consecutive nights.
  5. TopBilled

All about EMOTION

SURPRISE PARTY (1983)
  6. LonesomePolecat

Long Titles (6 words + up)

Santo & Blue Demon vs. Doctor Frankenstein (1974)
  7. LonesomePolecat

All about EMOTION

LOVE STORY
  8. 22...look at what's floating on the right 14...the dress is deceiving - looks very 'period costume' (which might make you think Poe) but actually the setting was contemporary for it's release year
  9. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Falling in Love with Love" from THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE next another song with a repeated word in title
  10. TopBilled

All about EMOTION

From 1952
  11. MilesArcher

The Name Game

The Day The Earth Stood Still (or is it Stewed Still?) Next: A Title "______ Third Man" + Section Of A Supermarket Where You Buy Sliced Meats And Cheese + "Pack Up You Troubles In Your Old _____ Bag And Smile, Smile, Smile" + Children's Game "The Farmer In The _______" + James Stewart's Character's Name In "Winchester 73" + Burt Reynold's Character's Name On "Gunsmoke"
  12. TopBilled

Movies by Number

FORTY LITTLE MOTHERS (1940)
  13. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

Ray Teal
  14. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

WAKE ISLAND (1942)
  15. LonesomePolecat

All about EMOTION

THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY
  16. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Edelman, Herb
  17. LawrenceA

Halloween horror quiz...the clues are alive!

That one is so familiar, too... And #14 looks like it's from one of the Corman/Poe movies, but I don't know which one.
  18. Rey will be the Force-conceived offspring of the Emperor. She's supposed to mate with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo and create the ultimate Force-powered ubermensch. But things won't go as planned. Or there will be Ewoks. Lots and lots of Ewoks.
  19. Ah, I had a feeling you'd show up for horror films, hehe All right..except #22...as much as I like Wiliam Castle, this isn't one of his.. Only 14 and 22 left...
  20. ClassicMovieholic

Movies That It Sometimes Feels That Only You Alone Like?

On Jaws The Revenge, while I don't love it as a whole, I do think the (SPOILERS) Christmas Eve shark attack drowned out by heavenly choir music is one of the all time great unsung horror intros! It's a very effective stand-alone scene. And to your point about watching it with French audio, a few years ago at the midnight hour (under the influence of substances I won't disclose), my wife and I ended up watching the last half of it on silent with an old album of ragtime piano in the background and IT WAS EPIC!!!
  21. we simply should not be this far behind. Clinton and Obama did their work well. if only 20th century-fox television had a few old LIS hyper-atomic missiles in mothballs. dr. smith not howard dean.
  22. MilesArcher

Movie Trivia

Correctomundo, Starlit. Here is Fred: And here is Jerry: Well done. Starliteyes. You get the thread.
  23. Princess of Tap

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

trump has sanctioned the ethnic cleansing of the Kurds by Turkey. They speak for Western Civilization.
  24. Today
  25. Princess of Tap

Does Donald Trump Have Mental Health Problems?

A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
  26. Victor8

Actor/Movie Association Game

The Black Arrow (1948)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us