All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Marianne

ClassiCategories

Making Mr. Right (1987) Earth Girls Are Easy (1988) Fascination with space in general, probably not limited to the 1980s, but what the heck: http://www.seasky.org/space-exploration/space-timeline-1981-1990.html The website seasky.org shows a lot of interesting space developments in the 1980s. And maybe the fashion styles, too. Punky looks translated well in the space stories of the 1980s.
  3. hamradio

SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY , NATURE & HISTORY

Utility worker finds massive crayfish at Kentucky water intake plant https://www.wthr.com/article/utility-worker-finds-massive-crayfish-kentucky-water-intake-plant Anchorman Rob Johnson - WSAZ news emphasized that is not a lobster.
  4. Bernie Sanders says felons, even Boston Marathon bomber, should have right to vote in prison Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said he thinks every U.S. citizen, even the convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, should be allowed to vote in American elections. Sanders offered his stance at a CNN town hall Monday when asked whether he thought felons should be allowed to vote while they’re incarcerated, not just after their release. He was pressed on whether it was appropriate to enfranchise sex offenders or someone convicted of a heinous crime like Tsarnaev, who with his brother carried out the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing that left three dead and injured hundreds more. "Yes, even for terrible people, because once you start chipping away and you say, 'Well, that guy committed a terrible crime, not going to let him vote. Well, that person did that. Not going to let that person vote,' you're running down a slippery slope," Sanders said in response to a question about restoring felons' voting rights. The question, and Sanders' response, was one of the more interesting moments in a marathon round of voter forums at Saint Anslem College in New Hampshire, where five Democratic hopefuls made their cases to young voters. *********************************************** If they had a nutty idea of the year award, Bernie would probably be the easy winner.
  5. California couple arrested after locking toddlers in 'cages,' police say Police arrested a California couple who allegedly locked their toddlers in cribs that were stacked and "secured to the wall like dog crates," authorities said Tuesday. Officers with the Modoc County Sheriff's Office made the bizarre discovery last Friday while serving a search warrant at the Northern California home, where detectives found drugs, guns and the twin boys locked in cribs that were modified to operate as "secured cages," according to a statement. "While serving the search warrant deputies located three guns, ammunition, evidence of a butane honey oil lab, meth, and two small boys in separate modified cribs stacked on top of each other and secured to the wall like dog crates," the sheriff's office said in a statement. Police arrested Ramon Zendejas, 25, and Mercadies Williams, 25, on weapons charges in addition to charges of child endangerment, drug possession and manufacturing a controlled substance, according to the statement. The sheriff's office told San Francisco ABC station KGO Tuesday it is dropping the child endangerment charges. Williams was released, but Zendejas was still in police custody as of late Tuesday. Modoc County Sheriff Tex Dowdy said the suspects may have been trying to keep the twins, estimated to be about 22 months old, away from the dangerous items in the house. ********************************************************** After lying about Trump doing this with migrants at the border, here we have a real case with a CALIFORNIA couple.
  6. LawrenceA

ClassiCategories

The Breakfast Club (fashion, music and socialization) Ferris Bueller's Day Off (fashion and music) Fast Times at Ridgemont High (mall culture) Flashdance (fashion and music) The Legend of Billie Jean (fashion and music) The Lost Boys (fashion and music) Joysticks (arcade videogames)
  7. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

‘If this is the new normal, I want no part of it’: Citing Trump, Iowa’s longest-serving Republican leaves party By Meagan Flynn ● Read more »
  8. Sounds like it might be Chosen Survivors (1974). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071318/?ref_=kw_li_tt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_Survivors
  9. As Mr. Rennie mentioned above, TCM isn't a premium channel that is paid for by itself, such as HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. Rather it's part of the Preferred Tier of channels, the bundle of which costs additionally. With Comcast, in my area, there's the cheapest package, which includes the major networks, and a few of the other basic cable channels, like the Weather Channel. Then there's the full basic cable package, which includes about 60 channels, including many of the usual suspects: the 24/7 news channels, History, Animal Planet, MTV, Comedy Central, AMC, etc. Then there's another tier of channels, which has an additional 40 or so channels, and this one is where TCM has always been found in my area. I watch very few of the others in this tier, as many are sports or religious or children's channels, so for me, it is almost as if I'm paying a premium price for TCM.
  10. Princess of Tap

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

Love is a Many-Splendored Thing Next: The Best classic film score from the Golden Age of Hollywood
  11. Princess of Tap

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

If you ever watched her show you know she's a conservative idiot.
  12. Princess of Tap

Trump vs. the Press/Media

Hillbilly Heroin (Oxycontin) has done its job.
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

USA TODAY‏Verified account@USATODAY Manuel Franco said he "felt lucky" one day, and the lottery ticket he bought was the single $768.4 million Powerball jackpot winner. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/23/winner-768-million-powerball-jackpot-announced-today/3551557002/
  14. Today
  15. laffite

NOW PLAYING (100 YEARS AGO)

Hmmm, the three bears seem a prototype of our MGTOW enthusiasts. But they couldn't stay away from that cutie. I love the picture with the parasol. Barthelmess gets the girl. //
  16. Princess of Tap

The Triumph of Donald Trump

" The Silence of the Lambs "
  17. Princess of Tap

FORGOTTEN Oldies

" Mother Superior jumped the gun. "
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Daily Beast‏Verified account@thedailybeast Rep. Steve King likens the criticism he faces from his “accusers” in Washington to what Jesus Christ “went through for us” https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-steve-king-criticism-from-congress-gave-me-insight-on-what-jesus-went-through-for-us?via=twitter_page
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNN‏Verified account@CNN In 1998, William Barr was "disturbed" that Attorney General Janet Reno didn't defend Ken Starr from the "spin control" and "hatchet jobs." Two decades later, he's silent as President Trump railed against Robert Mueller's "witch hunt" https://cnn.it/2ZxISFF
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

MSNBC‏Verified account@MSNBC Rep. Maxine Waters: "We're going to have to do it, we're going to have to impeach. I just wish it was sooner than later." https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/maxine-waters-we-re-going-to-have-to-impeach-1504538179642?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
  21. Michael Rennie

25 years later, TCM still abides (so movie lovers pray)

I pay for a higher tier package that includes TCM. I have Xfinity/Comcast. The tier includes many channels. So if I'm paying extra for TCM, it is very little. An extra $10 for at least 30 more channels. I keep repeating my feelings about TCM as a stand-alone service, Starz style. If I flap my yap long enough, it just may happen.🤣
  22. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNN‏Verified account@CNN Former Trump transition staffer J.W. Verret says Congress should begin impeachment proceedings: "The Mueller report is ... something you can't look away from. You have to admit it. The emperor has no clothes" https://cnn.it/2Dt0o4Q
  23. Michael Rennie

TCM schedules

Mister Proofy-Proof here. The above schedule looks a lot like 4/25. Gonna pencil you in for a vacation.😎
  24. Hibi

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

2 LARD AZZES.
  25. TopBilled

TCM schedules

April 24, 2019: 6:00 a.m. The Bride's Play (1921) 7:15 a.m. Winter Meeting (1948) 9:15 a.m. Oscar Wilde (1960) 11:00 a.m. A Fine Madness (1966) 1:00 p.m. Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) 3:00 p.m. It's a Wonderful World (1939) 4:30 p.m. Three Men on a Horse (1936) 6:00 p.m. Kismet (1955) FAN DEDICATIONS 8:00 p.m. Brief Encounter (1945) 9:45 p.m. The Shop Around the Corner (1940) 11:45 p.m. Gigi (1958) 2:00 a.m. The Great Jewel Robber (1950) 3:45 a.m. Meet Me on Broadway (1946)
  26. Hibi

Noir Alley

I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't find Sheridan's doo unflattering, just different. It was the 50's and she couldn't stick with her 40's styles forever.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us