All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Right Now, Wrong Then (2015) Sang-soo Hong, South Korea I thought this winner of the Locarno Film Festival was dreadful in every sense. The first hour is incredibly boring and stupid and then, wait for it … it all starts again and every scene is repeated with slightly different dialogue and an outcome that has changed a tiny bit. You may want to punch the main protagonist in the face by the end of it all.
  3. Saturday, October 19 10 a.m. Popeye: Leave Well Enough Alone (1933). 8 p.m. Pather Panchali (1958). When film is poetry. Satyajit Ray’s debut.
  4. Princess of Tap

Password TCM

War memories Future plans
  5. Gershwin fan

SPORTS

6. Princess of Tap

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Moon River"-- Andy Williams Next: Another movie song by Johnny Mercer
  7. Princess of Tap

Actor/Movie Association Game

Robert Easton
  8. Princess of Tap

Musicals on Tap

Hint#2-- Two dancers worked closely with Astaire or Kelly.
  9. Princess of Tap

Leave Him To Heaven-- the presidential hate of drumpf aka trump

Born with $400 million dollars and he has a fragile ego. ROFL
  10. Princess of Tap

The Triumph of Donald Trump

What a mess!
  11. Today
  12. skimpole

What movie should have won the most oscars?

Now it's 1997. Movie with the most nominations: Titanic (14) Movie with the most awards: Titanic (11) My choice for the most nominations: L.A. Confidential, Boogie Nights (10) My choice for the most awards: L.A. Confidential (4-Picture, Actor, Adapted Screenplay, Editing. The Actor award is for Kevin Spacey, by the way) Did the actual Best Picture winner get anything: Oscars for Song and Visual Effects
  13. Movies used to be at 2am because stations needed to sell the cheapest local airtime to local businesses (usually used cars), and, before the VCR, "no one was watching anyway". Until Informercials came along and paid all the station's bills and programming out of pocket, just in time for studios to decide "no one was watching" their movie package and grabbed them back out of syndication. Of course, the single-digit network affiliates were safe, since they had the network all-night news feed. And that was just the independent UHF stations, that were already struggling by the end of the 80's. (In Boston, we had THREE stations defect to home-shopping or Spanish-language in two years.) The rest ended up bought by the new "Fourth-network" rush to create Fox, WB and UPN, until there was no longer any need for stations to create any programming of their own, apart from longer and longer blocks of the news division. I remember, back in 08, finally getting that big HDTV, and sitting down with microwave popcorn and Coke Zero, to finally indulge my 10-yo. fantasy of staying up to watch old movies on TV, and...it was news and infomercials across the board. So I put in a library DVD. 😥
  14. laffite

Marsha Hunt is 102 today

That sweet little fragile bookworm ... the first thought to mind ...
  15. EricJ

Ron Ely

Of course, on a movie board, there's not much you can say about him apart from Doc Savage (1975):
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

HuffPost @HuffPost A Georgia school district has reversed course on its transgender inclusive bathroom policy after administrators say they received death threats over the new guidelines. School District Rescinds Transgender Inclusive Bathroom Policy Amid Death Threats Officials in Pickens County, Georgia, cited "serious safety concerns" after schools gave trans students access to facilities aligning with their gender i... huffpost.com 1:44 AM · Oct 18, 2019·SocialFlow
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Reuters Top News @Reuters Oil dips as China posts slowest GDP growth in almost three decades reuters.com/article/us-global-oil-idUSKBN1WX02L?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5da9588b515383000140df6e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter… 2:15 AM · Oct 18, 2019·True Anthem
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Travis Allen @TravisAllen02 As Trump makes the claim that Biden used his position as VP to enrich his family, Trump announces that the G7 will take place at Trump’s Doral Resort. You can’t make this stuff up folks. 5:30 PM · Oct 17, 2019·Twitter for iPad
  19. LonesomePolecat

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

DUNKIRK (1958 & 2017) next another recent movie that was actually good
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Andrew Weinstein @Weinsteinlaw Donald Trump’s priority list: Campaign rallies as president - 66 Days at a Trump property as president - 310 Days at a Trump golf club as president - 237 Days visiting troops in a combat zone as president - 1 Any questions? 10:26 PM · Oct 17, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  21. LonesomePolecat

Ghost of a Chance

MEXICAN SPITFIRE SEES A GHOST (1942)
  22. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of Movies*

THE NIGHT OF LOVE (1927)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?