All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. LOL. Yes indeed. You're not a mean one. I can't say that it's one of my favorite Christmas songs, but I get a kick out of hearing it during the Christmas season. Certainly a nice change of pace from the usual Christmas tunes.
  3. Princess of Tap

Actor/Movie Association Game

Tiger Bay
  4. Princess of Tap

Name the comedy

His Girl Friday Next: Billy Gilbert
  5. starliteyes

A to Z of Characters

Yates, Albany - Dorothy Lamour in Chad Hanna
  6. laffite

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT, the 1928 film novelization.

Thank you, Lorna, for your continuing coverage of LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT. I've just ordered the book (after consulting my public library and the Library of Congress selection of audio books, but to no avail). I paid slightly more than you did ($25) and am looking forward to it. Amazon gives you a few pages with their LOOK INSIDE!!! feature. I already have a comment about the style but I want to read the whole thing before I say anything. See the link below for information about the author. It seems she wrote two other novelizations of well=known movies (availability???) and there is something there about her origins and her name. There is a fairly new thread about reading and books here on the board and I am preparing a little enthusiasm of my own for that thread or maybe even here (coming soon,! ha). But I am sure I will be coming back HERE after reading this book. I'm so glad you posted on this.. Books can be very exciting, especially when making a discovery, as you have with LAM. I had to read your excellent posts here rather gingerly though since I don't want to know too awfully much before reading it myself. And thank you for hating Kindle. So do I. Bleah!!!! http://desturmobed.blogspot.com/2019/02/marie-coolidge-rask.html --
  7. starliteyes

Long Titles (6 words + up)

8. starliteyes

The Men Have It

Bruce Cabot was in Redhead with Berton Churchill.
  9. TopBilled

THE KNACK AND HOW TO GET IT (1965)
  10. starliteyes

11. TopBilled

THE DUCHESS AND THE DIRTWATER FOX (1976)
  12. Princess of Tap

Leave Him To Heaven-- the presidential hate of drumpf aka trump

Lara has to go no further than to ask her husband's brother-in-law Jared Kushner about the Third Reich and nazi Germany. He should know something about what they did in Germany because his two paternal grandparents escaped the Holocaust in Eastern Europe. Then Jared's grandparents came to America as refugees. Bigotry stems from ignorance.
  13. TopBilled

Name the comedy

SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS (1943) Next: Rosalind Russell
  14. cmovieviewer

Early Now Playing guide

For those that are interested, the At A Glance schedule summary for May has been updated to include the films for the recently-announced The Essentials series on Saturday evenings. Use the same link listed at the top of the previous message to download.
  15. TopBilled

ONE word titles

From 1940
  16. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

THE WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT (1941)
  17. TopBilled

Movies by Number

SEVEN SAMURAI (1954)
  18. starliteyes

ONE word titles

19. lavenderblue19