All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lavenderblue19

describe the scene game

Thanks Princess, I've seen the film 3 or 4 times over the years. TCM does show the film every once in awhile. Rosanno Brazzi's character was such a sleaze. next A woman who is in love with a man who is very ill, kills another woman because she was about to rob and kill him.
  3. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Hercules was only a demigod. As I recall, things ended badly for him.
  4. mr6666

emoji 'reaction' LIMIT?

anyone having trouble using 'emoticons'?
  5. lavenderblue19

Long Titles (6 words + up)

6. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

The Leather Boys (1963) - 7/10 British drama with Rita Tushingham as a teenage bride to mechanic and biker Colin Campbell. They soon grow frustrated with wedded life, and Colin starts spending more and more time with fellow biker Dudley Sutton, who may have romantic feelings for Colin. This is another working-class, "kitchen sink" picture, with drab, rainy B&W English scenery and frustrated characters without the ability to properly express their troubles to one another. The film was controversial at release due to the homosexuality, although it's positively tame by today's standard. Co-stars Campbell and Sutton both died last year. Source: internet
  7. mr6666

2020 Election

Recent efforts to sandbag Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard are crude repeats of behaviors that helped elect Trump in 2016 ".....(Sanders) explained the context of decades of American interventions in Chile, Guatemala, Brazil and other South and Central American countries. He tried to explain that his “view” of Ortega was irrelevant because he was really protesting the policy of intervention, not supporting the foreign leader. The whole episode was a Back to the Future version of the same criticisms leveled at anyone who opposes regime change in Venezuela today — if you protest the policy, you’re not antiwar, you must support the targeted foreign leader........ These smear jobs don’t work the same way they once did. Trump in 2016 clearly used impatience with media tactics as part of his strategy. The more he brought trail reporters into stump speeches by calling us things like “bloodsuckers” (“enemy of the people” didn’t come until later), the better he did with crowds. Reporters refuse to see it, but the national media now lives on the unpopularity spectrum somewhere between botulism and congress. While some of that is undeserved, some of it isn’t. Voters especially resent being told who is and isn’t an acceptable choice, by a press corps increasingly seen as part of a corrupt and condescending political establishment. Stories like “Tulsi Gabbard Is the Top Candidate of Traitors” represent exactly the kind of thing people hate about the commercial press as an institution. This scarlet lettering backfired badly in 2016, but we’re doing more of it this time around, not less. Don’t be surprised if it ends badly again.
  8. NipkowDisc

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

thanks for the great wallpaper
  9. TopBilled

A to Z of Characters

Valjean, Jean -- played by Michael Rennie in LES MISERABLES (1952)
  10. TopBilled

Long Titles (6 words + up)

THE FOUR SKULLS OF JONATHAN DRAKE (1959)
  11. Hibi

Alvin Sargent 1927-2019

Sad news. He wrote a lot of good scripts.
  12. Princess of Tap

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Nelson Eddy was in "Rosalie" with Eleanor Powell.
  13. TopBilled

TWO word titles

From 1961
  14. NipkowDisc

yes, climate change is a fact

from 1977
  15. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

THE SUSPECT (1944)
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NBC News‏Verified account@NBCNews JUST IN: New York lawmakers pass bill aimed at weakening President Trump's pardon power https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/new-york-lawmakers-pass-bill-aimed-weakening-trump-s-pardon-n1008381?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
  17. NipkowDisc

yes, climate change is a fact

it'll just be scalawag noise.
  18. Today
  19. TopBilled

ONE word titles

From 1975
  20. mr6666

Iran tensions escalate

Rep. Abigail Spanberger‏Verified account @RepSpanberger 5h5 hours ago Today on @MSNBC: I’m very concerned with the lack of strategy this administration shows toward Iran. Each time the U.S. provokes Iran, it endangers Americans deployed in Iraq, Syria, & Yemen. We must keep the U.S. safe – but swapping threats online does not serve that interest.
  21. Princess of Tap

describe the scene game

My dear woman, you have seen more movies than I have ever seen! I just saw this one for the first time yesterday. Lav, it's all yours.....
  22. sure, go ahead and try to impeach trump with no chance of conviction in the GOP-controlled US senate. it'll work both ways.
  23. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Kane, Helen
  24. Princess of Tap

ClassiCategories

Sam the Man! Sammy Davis Jr. was in: Ocean's Eleven Sergeant's 3 Robin and The 7 Hoods
  25. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

UNDER CAPRICORN (1949)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us