All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Vautrin

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Read an article about a fire chief who lived in a small town outside Macon. He transitioned to a woman. His co-workers seemed to take it okay, but the town fired him anyway for "performance issues." C'mon man, what did you expect. This is friggin' Georgia.
  3. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett An updated schedule of closed-door testimony in the impeachment inquiry: 3:52 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter Web Client
  4. mr6666

TCM Premieres

Fri., 10-18 for MOTM: Godzilla..... (times ET) 8:00 PM All Monsters Attack ( 1969) Dir: Inoshiro Honda Cast: Kenji Sahara , Tomonori Yazaki , Machiko Naka . BW- 70 mins, Letterbox Format 9:30 PM Godzilla vs. Hedorah ( 1971) Dir: Yoshimitsu Banno Cast: Akira Yamauchi , Toshie Kimura , Hiroyuki Kawase . BW- 85 mins, Letterbox Format 11:15 PM Godzilla vs. Gigan ( 1972) Dir: Jun Fukuda Cast: Haruo Nakajima , Yukietsu Omiya , Kanta Ina . BW- 89 mins, Letterbox Format
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Michael O'Grady @mog7546 Republican #JohnKasich COMES OUT in favor of TRUMP’S IMPEACHMENT “I do not take this lightly,” #Kasich said. “The last 24 hours has led me to review all of this,” he said, in calling for an impeachment inquiry. #TrumpBriberyForDIRT #MOG #MAGA #Resist Republican John Kasich comes out in favor of Trump’s impeachment On Friday afternoon, former Ohio Governor John Kasich came out in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump. Kasich cited the ongoing controversy that the president had threatened to withhold aid... rawstory.com 2:32 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPad
  6. starliteyes

It's A Wonderful Town

The Seven Year Itch
  7. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Scott Dworkin @funder BREAKING: GOP Congressman Francis Rooney announces support for impeachment inquiry, citing Mulvaney’s disastrous press conference: “I want to get the facts and do the right thing. Because I’ll be looking at my children a lot longer than I’m looking at anybody in this building.” 3:41 PM · Oct 18, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  8. starliteyes

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Richard Attenborough was in A Matter of Life and Death with David Niven.
  9. Vautrin

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Sounds like Brett Kavanaugh took that advice to heart.
  10. starliteyes

TWO word titles

11. starliteyes

ONE word titles

12. MovieMadness

Scheer set to win most seats, according to polls

Repealing Trudeau carbon tax before January 1 Families will start saving hundreds of dollars per year for coldest winter months As part of its 100 Day Action Plan, a new Conservative government will repeal Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax as its first piece of legislation, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said today. Scheer has already announced that he will convene Parliament, at which time he will introduce and pass the Carbon Tax Repeal Act so Canadians aren’t stuck paying a carbon tax over another long, cold winter. “Canadians cannot afford to be punished every time they drive their kids to school or turn up their thermostat on a cold winter day,” Scheer said. “That’s why a new Conservative government will make sure Trudeau’s carbon tax is history by January 1 and we will use every legislative tool at our disposal to get it done.” Trudeau’s Environment Minister Catherine McKenna has already confirmed that the carbon tax will go up if the Liberals are re-elected, but hasn’t said by how much. With Trudeau and the NDP now scheming to form a coalition government, Scheer said the carbon tax will go through the roof. “A government with Trudeau as the spokesman and the NDP calling the shots would be the worst possible outcome for Canadians,” Scheer said. “Part of the NDP’s price to keep Trudeau in power will be a massive increase to the carbon tax. It’s the coalition Canadians can’t afford.” ****************************************** Trudeau loves to have Canadians pay taxes so it's not surprising he wants to raise them right after the election.
  13. Fedya

I Just Watched...

Girl in the News (1940). Margaret Lockwood plays a nurse whose patient commits suicide in a way that makes it look like the nurse did it. Her attorney gets her found not guilty, but she can't get a job. Until a wealthy man's butler (Emlyn Williams) hires her. Of course, he's got ulterior motives, which is that the butler and the wealthy man's wife are planning to kill the guy in the same way that Lockwood's previous patient died, so that everybody will put two and two together and figure Lockwood did it. This is a surprisingly good programmer from the UK, with a strong cast of names movie buffs will recognize (Irene Handl as the first patient and Roger Livesey as a police detective and friend of Lockwood's attorney), and directed by Carol Reed early in his career. 7/10 Available on this box set of British B movies
  14. EricJ

Disney Plus

(You take this one, people...I'm not going to touch it. 😅 ) Well, since it doesn't officially open until November, they're taking pre-orders. But just think--The (almost) entire Disney catalogue, on demand! Now you'll be so busy watching, you'll NEVER HAVE TO ASK TCM TO SHOW DISNEY NIGHTS AGAIN! Gee, it's going to be quiet around here... (And they've got the non-Sony Muppet movies, too! And DuckTales!)
  15. Bogie56

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

It says something when even conservatives in Canada and the UK go to the mat to defend the health care system. They know it would be political suicide to go against what people have grown to like and depend on. America could have a better system very easily but the insurance companies have been lining the pockets of politicians to maintain the status quo and unfortunately the public just gets a steady diet of 'don't change a thing or it will bankrupt the nation' messaging.
  16. Gershwin fan

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Hey, Trump did give Erdogan a strongly worded letter and mild scolding.
  17. Vautrin

The Triumph of Donald Trump

I guess even Trish has given up on a quick exit for Maduro. She was so excited when it looked like he might be on his way out that I thought she would pee her skirt.
  18. Gershwin fan

TRUMPISM IN CANADA

Many voters here seem to genuinely be under the impression it's not in their best interest to have that. As if dying on the street is what is for the best.
  19. I know what you meant. Just as comedies, romances and genre films (action/horror/sci-fi/etc.) are often said not to be "Oscar material".
  20. Princess of Tap

GOP madness Unbound...

The Republican voters know who they are.
  21. NDP says Scheer lied about GST pact with the Liberals The NDP shot out a blistering denial today after Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer came out with an unexpected claim that New Democrats and a Liberal minority government would hike the federal goods and service tax. “That’s a lie,” the NDP said in a campaign email to news media less than 40 minutes after Scheer made the claim in one of his final stops in Atlantic Canada before the federal election Monday. Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau also denied the claim, calling it “entirely untrue.” https://ipolitics.ca/2019/10/18/ndp-says-scheer-lied-about-gst-pact-with-the-liberals/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ In the final days of the election Andrew Scheer is doing what so many politicians have done, using the fear card if his opponents win. Only this time he's been caught in a bold faced lie. Desperation can do that to a person.
  22. CinemaInternational

Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

True. After all, I love the Jacques Demy musicals. And the comedies of Truffaut..... It's just though that there's almost always an insistence on discounting material that isn't striving to make a statement. It seems, not here, but in certain cinema circles, like if a film is supposed to just bring excitement or joy, its only an ordinary film and should not be held to as high a standard.....
  23. calvinnme

What movie should have won the most oscars?

I have nothing really to add other than to say that what you guys are doing is fascinating. I can't wait until you get into the 21st century. I'll also add that I do not get the love for The English Patient. I preferred Fargo. I'll just go with Seinfeld on the description.
  24. Princess of Tap

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Meet Me In St Louis" Next: Another well-known song associated with Judy Garland's movie career
  25. speedracer5

Disney Plus

You should probably ask whomever is listed as the contact for DisneyPlus. This message board is not meant to be the end all be all of all things entertainment-related.
  26. Princess of Tap

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Eduardo Ciannelli Next: A know-it-all Wiseguy
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us