*A to Z of Movies*

The Crowded Sky
  4. Peebs

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Jeff Chandler was in "Return to Peyton Place" with Tuesday Weld
  5. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Medina, Patricia
  6. DISLIKE: Because I want to see stuff like CHARLIE CHAN IN EGYPT, not "prestigious" films. But of course due to political correctness I'd probably now have to seek out all the Asian detectives, including Mr. Moto, on YouTube. TCM for better or worse is not going to show them. Okay, I think it's for worse.
  7. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Quincannon, Timothy, played by Victor McLaglen in "Rio Grande"
  8. Terrence1

Loretta Young was in "Because of You" with Jeff Chandler.
  9. Peebs

ONE word titles

Teachers (1984)
  10. Terrence1

Actor/Movie Association Game

Gene Hackman
  11. jamesjazzguitar

the democrat impeachment lynching scam

Hey, you argue that one with Bogie56!
  12. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

Unforgiven (1992)
  13. Peebs

James Cagney was in "Taxi" with Loretta Young
  14. jamesjazzguitar

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Since this is taking a musical direction I'll mention the film I watched Monday night; A Song to Remember: I had seen the film before but my wife hadn't and she liked it (she really likes classical music). The one thing I noticed was a topic that is being discussed at the jazz forum; Now much people today 'know' about music compare to prior generations, especially those before there was recorded music. At first I assumed that, before recorded music, since exposure was rare for most people, they would lack knowledge. E.g. how often would the average citizen hear music? When it comes to the best musicians, the answer was never. Of course A Song to Remember featured the wealthy, but even then I assume they only listened to first rate musicians once a week, at most. Of course today, one hears music 24\7 and if one wants to listen to the best musicians, all it takes is to hit 'play'. BUT all that being said, I suspect appreciation of high-quality music was greater before recordings. Is this also the case with knowledge of music theory? So while it sounds odd to say that more exposure and ease of access would lead to less appreciation and knowledge, I believe that was the case.
  15. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Pike, Lennie (Jonathan Winters in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World)
  16. it's like old buddies distancing themselves from you when they hear you've got bubonic plague.
  17. I tend not to refer to Korean music at all. Except, I guess, right now.
  18. Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

Thank you so much, Ma! Yes, I had a lovely birthday. Peaceful, quiet, not even the sound of skittering baby lizards to mar the blessed silence and beauty of a sunny, dry, lazy Florida October day. Plus, one more month and hurricane season will be over!
  19. To be fair, I have a tendency to refer to Korean popular music as K-Crap. Formulaic girl groups and androgynous-looking men trying to cop a phony snotty attitude doing hip-hop. Terrible, the lot of it.
  20. Gershwin fan

Recently Watched Mystery/Crime/Noir/Etc.

Saw this one recently. Recommended
  21. You really should listen to the podcast. She must have close to 100 episodes at this point. In an earlier year, she did a series of episodes on Howard Hughes on the podcast. Then she decided to write a full book about Howard Hughes. Now, she is focusing on Song of the South. She pulls no punches. Its a good listen.
  22. Arsan404

A to Z of Characters

Oberon - Victor Jory in A Midsummer Night's Dream
  23. I started reading a new(ish) book about Hughes and the old Hollywood casting couch system. Maybe one particular ingenue was being focused on. I wasn't sure where it was going, but I never finished it. Not sure if that would be the same book. I will have to dig around and see if I still have it.
  24. Gershwin fan

the democrat impeachment lynching scam

"It's not lying, it's just adding a bit of color" I have to remember that one.
  25. Arsan404

George Raft was in Each Dawn I Die with James Cagney
  26. Arsan404

*A to Z of Filmmakers*

Rennahan, Ray - Cinematographer (Gone with the Wind)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us