16 BLOCKS (2006)
  3. TopBilled

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

DECISION BEFORE DAWN (1951)
  4. starliteyes

TWO word titles

5. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Michael McFaul‏Verified account @McFaul 22h22 hours ago Russian government/intel is perfectly capable of helping a target & compromising the target at the same time. Happens all the time. Why don't Trump supporters at least entertain the hypothesis that Putin wanted Trump to win AND to be compromised, deemed illegitimate, weak.
  6. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

HITCH HIKE LADY (1935)
  7. TopBilled

ONE word titles

From 1950
  8. ......Sarge...?... Where did you go, Sarge?... Yoooo-hooo...... ...It feels lonesome here without you...
  9. starliteyes

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

John Ireland was in A Walk in the Sun with Dana Andrews.
  10. Yesterday
  11. mr6666

2020 Election

the April 22 event that CNN has been advertising, in recent days, with gladiatorial gusto. “CNN PRESIDENTIAL TOWN HALLS: The graphic helpfully informed viewers about the timing of that event: back-to-back town halls featuring Amy Klobuchar (at 7 p.m. ET), Elizabeth Warren (8 p.m.), Bernie Sanders (9 p.m.), Kamala Harris (10 p.m.), and Pete Buttigieg (11 p.m.). https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/04/cnn-about-host-hunger-games-town-hall/587704/
  12. starliteyes

Movies by Number

Tea for Two
  13. starliteyes

ONE word titles

14. Princess of Tap

a new hate target for the left: Kate Smith

You ain't heard nothing yet! Al Jolson was bigger than both of them in the 20s. Of course, I meant as a singing Entertainer.
  15. Gershwin fan

a new hate target for the left: Kate Smith

The specific song causing the outrage... Yeah, I can see why they're a bit angry. This hasn't aged well....
  16. starliteyes

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

Come Next Spring
  17. starliteyes

Actor/Movie Association Game

Mae Clarke
  18. Princess of Tap

Trump vs. the Press/Media

You would think Huckabee Sanders has had enough lying for a lifetime. But here she goes again. Her performances on CBS, ABC and Fox were humiliatingly pitiful. It's painfully obvious that she doesn't even believe her own lies anymore.
  19. Can you think of anyone else like Buster Keaton? I can't... Douglas Fairbanks did some amazing stunts, too; however, his movies, like most swashbucklers, too often got bogged down in hum-drum romantic plot lines and lost sight of what, IMO, such movies should really be about, (the worst thing that can happen to an action/adventure type movie is it getting boring.) I appreciate a good fight scene, too, and have always intended to get more into martial arts movies because the choreography is frequently so creative and spectacular. I guess that is possible because there are so many real athletes who are cast in them who can handle the craziest stunts you can devise. In order to get really far-out with your stunts you need an actor who is capable of doing it himself. Inserted stunt men take too much preparation and editing to hide them, and the stunts become very presentational and lose spontaneity. Of course no one wanted to accidentally kill their leading man... no wonder I can think of so few great examples! Ah yes, there's never been anyone like Buster Keaton. Since he had creative control over his own movies (for a while) he was only putting his own neck on the line, and the stunts he devised were some of the craziest! His movies elevated the lowly stunt to such epic, glorious Rube Goldberg-esque levels of conceptual grandeur that no one but he has ever envisioned (or had the cojones to execute) anything like them! Sometimes I can't even laugh because my jaw is sitting there on the floor! Dang! I'm not saying everyone should go get hospitalized trying to rip off Buster... but I am saying there are disappointingly few instances of athletic showmanship being given the devotion and craftsmanship it so often demands. Physical stunts can be so much more than just fight scenes and dance numbers... Take that as a request! Got any great stunts for me? (Fight scenes and maybe even dance numbers are permitted, if they are great.) Oh wait, I should add a picture.... uh, this one is cool, (kinda big tho...)
  20. Would love to see a Charleston chapter. I'd like to participate!
  21. Gershwin fan

Theme Songs That Fit A Movie or TV Show Perfectly

You're very right that "flower girl" is a very wonderful theme. Another one I like quite a bit is "smile" from Modern Times.
  22. Princess of Tap

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

During the last meeting he ran out in front of her and almost tripped her, After keeping her waiting. The Queen offered him tea and nothing else. Then during his visit in the UK trump proceeded to insult the Mayor of London and to humiliate the Prime Minister. The British don't want him back.
  23. cigarjoe

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

Go for it!
  24. Fedya

I Just Watched...

You have to close the tag with [, /spoiler, ] after the spoiled content.
  25. HomeCinemaNerd

25 years later, TCM still abides (so movie lovers pray)

Thanks! And yes, absolutely it can be a social event via other media. I was confining my discussion to where I know TCM is actively involved in the live discussions. I’m sure Facebook is probably the same but I don’t use that much. Regardless, believe there has already been some change over the years, not all of it bad. And a quick search of the forum shows that this is a perennial topic and I’m sure we’ll be lamenting the commercials for the “All New TCM Augmented Reality Glasses” in a few years
  26. mr6666

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

What’s not in the Mueller report Despite the length of the special counsel’s report — 448 pages including appendices — there were still several issues related to the Russia investigation that were not in the document or appear to have been redacted. Many of those issues were connected to Russia’s actions or the Trump campaign but were not the focus of the special counsel probe, and are, instead, being handled by state attorneys general or federal prosecutors. Others are still a mystery because of the way Robert Mueller presented information in the report, sometimes using a summary of the facts rather than all the details involved in a particular matter. Here is what wasn’t included in the report:........... https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/whats-not-in-the-muller-report?utm_source=pbsofficial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=newshour
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us