All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Add anger, and you've just described 99% of all 21st century news media.
  3. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Wes Hodge‏ @AgentWes One is a tweet from a President wishing Americans a Happy Easter. The other is from Donald Trump.
  4. Because you've gotten used to it, that's why! It's TCM's anniversary. Why not present a more positive article. They should be ashamed of publishing this junk and trying to pass it off as journalism. Total rubbish.
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

George Conway‏ @gtconway3d George Conway Retweeted Tom Nichols Exactly. Note the first word after “Happy Easter!”
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Tom Nichols‏Verified account@RadioFreeTom Tom Nichols Retweeted Donald J. Trump This is the President's actual Easter message. It's not much better than the rest of his rants this morning: it's the usual narcissistic spouting, preceded by "Happy Easter."
  7. TopBilled

ClassiCategories

Originally I was going to call today's category "Flight is delayed" but then I wasn't sure if many films have scenes with delayed flights. So I made it a bit more general and am glad I did, because we got that wonderful gif of AIRPLANE! Tomorrow's category is a fun one. Usually I don't advertise these in advance, but I think you will all enjoy it. And I trust you will come up with some interesting examples. Thanks for all the excellent examples you provide each day, when you get the chance to contribute!
  8. Seems written intentionally to stoke fear into the reader. As for the commercials, I don't mind them as long as they stay after/ before the movie. I don't even mind the wine ad much anymore.
  9. What an ignorant article. Of course there are commercials on TCM. They play in between the movies. The movies are commercial free. But TCM itself is not commercial free. To say that fans are fretful and agitated seems absurd. Article writer needs to get facts correct and stop over-dramatizing.
  10. 25 years later, TCM still abides (so movie lovers pray) NEW YORK (AP) — There is always an asteroid, real or imagined, bearing down on Turner Classic Movies . Fears that something might befall the commercial-less bastion of classic Hollywood films aren’t always justified. But there’s an instinctual understanding that keeping anything good and pure alive in this dark, dark world is against the odds. By now, the hosts and executives of TCM are quite accustomed to fretful, agitated fans coming to them for reassurance that, yes, Turner Classic is OK, and, no, commercials aren’t coming. https://www.apnews.com/7341e075894d4a75b5affc0b4fba1a31 https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/tcm-turner-classic-movies-celebrates-years-talk-with-jennifer-dorian/K2Kv5Hwy9YlhaJKBJ3ULtN/
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account@kylegriffin1 Elijah Cummings says that even if the House moves to impeach Trump and the Senate votes against it, "history would smile upon us for standing up for the Constitution." Via CBS
  12. KarmaGirl

ClassiCategories

View From The Top (2003)
  13. Michael Rennie

Overrated talents ?

Yes, Yes I should!
  14. TopBilled

5 Supporting Players Make The Movie

Yes...I'm a Larry Parks fan too. Also a fan of his wife, Betty Garrett. *** Okay which movie features: Richard Pryor Charles McGraw Arlene Golonka Dom DeLuise Marty Ingels
  15. Dargo

Overrated talents ?

Au Contraire, mon frere. I've been to and through San Berdoo(hey, that rhymed!) many a time in my life. First, and as a kid in the late-'50s and early-'60s, and when my immediate family would spend alternate Christmases at my Aunt Bess and Uncle Frank's home in San Bernardino. We'd drive there from our home in the South Bay area of L.A. Secondly, now days I pass through the town on I-10 while driving back to my old stompin' grounds. Or, to paraphrase an old W.C. Fields line: "AH yes, San Bernardino...I spent a week there one night!" (...btw...one day you should visit both Sedona and the Grand Canyon...both are majestic)
  16. TopBilled

Who was in all 5 films?

It was Nora Marlowe, a great character actress who according to the IMDb racked up 132 credits in a 24 year period. She was very prolific, working in film and televison. Usually she could be seen playing gossipy neighbors, housekeepers or apartment managers. She had a memorable face and voice, but not in a way that drew attention to herself. She made every scene she was in better. I remember her most for the last role she did on The Waltons as Flossie Brimmer. The thread is open.
  17. Michael Rennie

Hotties From Early TV

Kinda like:
  18. TomJH

Hotties From Early TV

You'd have even more trouble if he/she said she really liked you.
  19. LonesomePolecat

ClassiCategories

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN TOY STORY 2 MOONSTRUCK ("I put a curse on that plane!")
  20. Princess of Tap

Yes-- As a kid this was my all-time favorite movie and I used to wonder what happened to Larry Parks? I thought he should have been a great movie star, but I couldn't find any info on him. It was years before I found out what really happened to him. It's all yours!
  21. Michael Rennie

Hotties From Early TV

I may have trouble sleeping tonight after the above image.
  22. TopBilled

THE JOLSON STORY (1946). Yes?
  23. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Headless Horseman" sung by Bing in Disney's ICHABOD CRANE cartoon Next Song in a John Ford film
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us