All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. LonesomePolecat

Ghost of a Chance

My fav Disney animated short film ever: LONESOME GHOSTS
  3. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Newsweek @Newsweek Trump says he's never had an empty seat at a rally, despite pictures showing empty seats at rallies Trump says he's never had an empty seat at a rally, despite pictures showing empty seats at rallies "I go into these massive basketball arenas, like in Dallas where the Mavericks play, and fill it up and set a record." newsweek.com 4:00 PM · Oct 21, 2019·SocialFlow
  4. thomasterryjr

Archaic Expressions in Films

I was watching a cult classic from 1945, "Detour", recently. There's a scene where Charles Haskell does a favor for Al Roberts. Al replies, "Gee Mr. Haskell that's mighty white of you to do this." "White" was a term from the 1940s which meant good, nice, or great. The slang terminology for "white" has undergone a great change. Today "white" means cocaine.
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNBC @CNBC Trump is 'fully prepared' to take military action against Turkey if needed, Mike Pompeo says Trump is 'fully prepared' to take military action against Turkey if needed, Mike Pompeo says "We prefer peace to war," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells CNBC's Wilfred Frost. cnbc.com 3:20 PM · Oct 21, 2019·SocialFlow
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Richard Engel @RichardEngel US officials tell me Trump wants to wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds. The US mil/gov gave Kurds REPEATED assurances of protection. US even asked Kurds to REMOVE defenses BEFORE the Turkish offensive. Kurds complied and now being displaced. WH says not our problem. 10:36 AM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter Web App
  7. Hibi

Murder, She Wrote Appreciation Thread

Well, it looks like Hallmark has started even earlier this year with the Xmas movies. They've been running 24/7 since Saturday. OCTOBER!
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Bill Kristol @BillKristol “Trump’s problem isn’t that he doesn’t know right from wrong. It’s that he doesn’t care. Which brings us to shamelessness...A person who is shameless is understood to be “insensible to disgrace.” Not necessarily unaware, but ‘insensible.’ That’s Trump.” Trump Is the Definition of Shameless - The Bulwark Donald Trump has given us all reason to question his emotional stability. Some go so far as to question his sanity. But sanity is a legal term, and as of yet there are no legal proceedings in which... thebulwark.com 8:22 AM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  9. LonesomePolecat

All about FOOD

MRS WIGGS OF THE CABBAGE PATCH (1914, 1934, & 1942)
  10. LonesomePolecat

Halloween horror quiz...the clues are alive!

I believe #15 is THE OTHERS
  11. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

I'm not entirely for this strategy. It could be the main event but other provable abuses of power should be included to show that this is systemic. Otherwise people may view this as wrong but not to have risen to the level of impeachment.
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NPR @NPR After nearly a month of negotiations, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has abandoned his attempt to form a new government. Now his rival, Benny Gantz, will also get 28 days to try to put together a coalition. Benjamin Netanyahu Abandons Bid To Form Government Amid Israel's Political Deadlock Israel's longtime prime minister had been given a mandate to form a governing coalition after last month's close elections,. The mandate now falls to his chief rival, Benny Gantz. npr.org 3:42 PM · Oct 21, 2019·SocialFlow
  13. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Stairway to Paradise" from AMERICAN IN PARIS next sung by a European performer not from England or France
  14. YES! I think I've watched all of these. Bette Davis has quite the potty mouth.
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

LA Resists @LALewman If we got rid of gerrymandering, voter suppression, ballot fraud, and hackable voting machines, Republicans might never win again. #mondaythoughts 3:22 PM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter Web App
  16. jamesjazzguitar

Patricia Neal as SOTM January 2020

Audrey Hepburn charm is the main appeal in all of her performances. That is the main fascination; I admit I'm a sucker for her charms. I find Neal to be the better actress and one, as I stated above, also has a unique screen persona. Even when allowed to over-do-it she still is compelling; E.g. have you seen Bright Leaf? The difference in how Bacall and Neal handle there roles is interesting. (just like Jack Carson and Cary Cooper).
  17. Terrence1

Who was in all 5 films?

OK. Let's try this one. It shouldn't be too difficult, so it will be interesting to see who comes up with the answer first: Dream Wife All the Brothers Were Valiant The Student Prince Naked Dawn Saracen Blade
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Robert Cooper @RobertCooper58 The Supreme Court on Monday threw out a challenge to maps drawn by Republicans for state legislative and congressional district boundaries in Michigan. Supreme Court wipes out Michigan partisan gerrymander ruling The court had already declared in June that such challenges involve an essentially political issue, beyond the authority of federal courts to resolve. nbcnews.com 3:14 PM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Manu Raju @mkraju Dem impeachment probe has been moving along but more leads have come up from depositions, witnesses are being rescheduled, report needs to be written, public hearings needs to happen - and votes need to be taken. All this means there’s a ways to go. Dems see impeachment proceedings taking longer than some initially expected House Democrats are facing a time crunch to quickly wrap up their investigation into allegations President Donald Trump abused his office in pushing Ukraine to probe his political rivals, prompting... cnn.com 3:27 PM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance Smart strategy for House Dems to focus impeachment on easy-to-understand abuse of power charges regarding Trump & Ukraine, which @HeidiNBC reports is where they're headed. A simple, compelling narrative is what's needed. House Democrats zero in on 'abuse of power' in Trump impeachment inquiry Pelosi is said to favor one sweeping charge related to Ukraine, but there's some debate about the need for additional charges. nbcnews.com 3:20 PM · Oct 21, 2019·Twitter Web App
  21. LornaHansonForbes

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Those reels are called "BREAKDOWNS OF [WHATEVER YEAR THE BLOOPERS CAME FROM]" You can find them unedited, with bad words and everything, on youtube...one of the things that I recall is how often PAT OBRIEN messes up, but how good natured he is about it. he also loses his toupee a lot
  22. Terrence1

The Men Have It

Russell Hopton was in "Times Square Lady" with Nat Pendleton.
  23. Brrrcold

Patricia Neal as SOTM January 2020

I'm one who never caught the fascination with BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S ... Neal's role in HUD won the Oscar.
  24. Terrence1

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Dickie Moore was in "Youth Runs Wild" with Lawrence Tierney.
  25. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

Crossing Delaney
  26. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Roberts, Julia
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?