All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TopBilled

TCM schedules

April 21, 2019: 6:15 a.m. The Green Pastures (1936) 8:00 a.m. One Foot in Heaven (1941) 10:00 a.m. Woman on the Run (1950) 12:00 p.m. The Silver Chalice (1954) 2:30 p.m. Barabbas (1962) 5:00 p.m. The Shoes of the Fisherman (1968) EASTER 8:00 p.m. Easter Parade (1948) 10:00 p.m. King of Kings (1961) 1:00 a.m. The King of Kings (1927) 3:45 a.m. Day of Wrath (1973)
  3. Dargo

Hottest Teen Idols

Ah, and THEN there was Randy Twizzle here... ...played by young actor and hopeful teen idol Jerry Lanning, and who's song he performed on The Dick Van Dyke Show would start a new dance craze in the early-'60s known of course as "The Twizzle"! (...and an episode of that classic sitcom that many, including Carl Reiner, consider THE worst episode ever...and I'm one of 'em)
  4. TopBilled

TCM schedules

I guess they don't have time to publicize everything.
  5. cigarjoe

The Whitewashing of white nationalist terrorism

Screw that noise........Investigate and Impeach, make the REPUBs squirm from now till election day. The Senate will never pass a bill and if they did Trump wouldn't sign it, anyway. Let's spend the next 19 months making the REPUBs defend TWRUMP!!!
  6. TopBilled

A to Z of Characters

Prizzi, Maerose -- played by Anjelica Huston in PRIZZI'S HONOR (1985)
  7. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Kline, Richard
  8. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

WILD RIVER (1960)
  9. TopBilled

Name the Western

ROCKY MOUNTAIN (1951) Next: John Drew Barrymore
  10. The 1996 winner of Spain’s Goya Award for Best Picture was … Thesis (1996) Alejandro Amenabar, Spain The 1996 winner of the Goya Award for Best Spanish language Foreign Film was … Autumn Sun (1996) Eduardo Migogna, Argentina
  11. JeanneCrain

RECONSTRUCTION: America After the Civil War

Apparently the 1915 film “The Birth of a Nation” had significant social implications upon reconstruction as the film was cited for resurrecting the Ku Klux Klan and spreading the group’s ideals across America. 💋
  12. Italy’s David di Donatello 1996/97 Best Picture winner … August Vacation (1996) Paolo Virzi, Italy
  13. TomJH

I Just Watched...

Rampage (1963) American animal trapper Robert Mitchum and big game hunter Jack Hawkins are hired by a German zoo to travel to the Malayan jungles in order to bring back a pair of tigers and an enchantress, a rare cross between a tiger and a leopard never captured before. Mitchum likes animals alive while Hawkins prefers to mount their heads on his den wall. Another bone of contention between these two men will be sexy Elsa Martinelli, Hawkins' mistress whom sleepy eyed Bob immediately fancies. She almost makes his eyes open wide. Smug Hawkins knows it but is confident that Elsa will always remain his woman. Phil Karlson, best remembered for his '50s crime dramas, directed this moderately entertaining but predictable jungle adventure. Wherever the location filming was made for this production (one source said Hawaii) it's beautiful and a feast for the eye. Dramatically, though, the film is shaky, and it all leads up to an incredibly dumb melodramatic final 20 minutes. If it hadn't been for the stupid final two reels I'd be calling this an okay adventure. Well, I guess it's still okay but only just. I must admit a prejudice on my part for the animals whenever I watch a film of this type so, if I see a character venturing into a cave with a flaming torch in his hand to scare a leopard out the back exit into a net and that character gets injured by the big cat, I automatically think "Serves you right. Leave the animal alone." Sabu appears, looking middle aged and a bit chunky, as a safari assistant. It's good to see that the Indian actor, who had enjoyed a degree of popularity in some colourful adventure films during the '40s, was still getting some film work. Unfortunately he would die of a heart attack less than two months after this film's release. Sabu was 39. 2 out of 4
  14. The 1996 winner of Belgium’s Joseph Plateau Best Picture Award was … The Eighth Day (1996) Jaco van Dormael, Belgium The 1997 winner of Belgium’s Joseph Plateau Best Picture Award was … La Promesse (1996) Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, Belgium
  15. LawrenceA

Hey, Canadians...

I've often read lamentations from the boards' Canadian contingent about TCM skipping Canada Day programming. If the channel were to devote 24 hours to Canadian themed films, what titles would you choose? You don't have to post a full 24 hours worth of stuff if that's too much for you, just a title or 3. However, full schedules are also appreciated. I ask this as I just watched The Canadians, and it's pretty bad.
  16. Terrence1

Name the Western

High Lonesome Next: Patrice Wymore
  17. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

Valmont
  18. The 1996 winner of Sweden’s Guldbagge award was … Hamsun (1996) Jan Troell, Sweden
  19. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Janney, Allison
  20. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

O'Day, Kitty, played by Jean Parker in "Detective Kitty O'Day"
  21. The 1996 winner of France’s Cesar Best Picture Award … Ridicule (1996) Patrice Leconte, France
  22. The Germans did like to document everything. Leni was out of favour at this point.
  23. rayban

Hottest Teen Idols

To The Princess - from Mr. Gene Pitney - may I recommend the CD set - "Gene Pitney - 25 All-Time Greatest Hits" -
  24. Ray Faiola

" The Green Pastures ", Sunday

Yes, I have a 16mm kinescope. Starring William Warfield and Eddie Anderson. Excellent production but not nearly as good as the Warners film, in part due to the Hall Johnson Choir's amazing performances in the 1936 movie. By the way, Erich Korngold composed music for the flood sequence (uncredited) and later re-used it in THE SEA HAWK.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us