2. Det Jim McLeod

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Alan Ladd was in "The Black Cat" (1941) with Basil Rathbone
  3. Det Jim McLeod

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

6) She played a murder victim on a 1974 Columbo episode "Swan Song"
  4. Sepiatone

FORGOTTEN Oldies

44 years makes it an "oldie"? CRIPES! Then, what does that make ME??? Then there's these, the earlier "British invaders"..... And this from '61 too.... Sepiatone
  5. TalkTalk123

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

N. Korea is not stupid, they know about Americas regime change wars that other country's have been subject to "after they comply and eliminate their weapons". You know, America's interventionist wars of regime change that have cost our nation trillions of dollars and thousands of lives""
  6. Desilufan

A to Z of Characters

Quinada, Larry played by James Mason in Caught (1949)
  7. TomJH

The Worst Thing In A Movie!!

"Green Acres is the place for me . . ." Actually, I thought the future Oliver Wendell Douglas did a pretty plucky job here. A lot of dramatic posing rather than real dancing, I know, combined with a bit of leap over the bar top stunt work, too. Considering the fact that Eddie is no dancer, I give him a B+ for effort.
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Jim Sciutto‏Verified account@jimsciutto Jim Sciutto Retweeted Richard N. Haass This is an extremely important and under-reported point: the architects of Brexit will have shrunk both the EU and the United Kingdom
  9. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Richard N. Haass‏Verified account@RichardHaass The ultimate legacy of Brexit will not just be the UK’s separation from Europe but Irish unity and Scottish independence. Ironic and tragic that a misguided effort to make the UK great will lead to its unraveling.
  10. Well you see, WOW's lowest "basic" package is similar to that 3rd tier you mention. Their "basic" starts with channel 2 (a local Fox affiliate ) and ending with channel 197(antenna TV) and the 40+MUSIC CHOICE channels starting at #50. And TCM is channel 41 on WOW. They used to have STARZ and ENCORE as part of that "basic" package, but 'bout 4 years or so ago wanted to start charging $12 a month for either one($24 for both). So I don't get them anymore. Sepiatone
  11. Det Jim McLeod

I Just Watched...

"Terror Is A Man" (1959) a horror movie filmed in the Philippines inspired by "Island Of Dr Moreau" . There was a warning at the beginning of the film that there was a scene in it not for the squeamish. A warning bell would sound when it was coming up. I did not see it but read that is was a close up of a surgical incision.
  12. TalkTalk123

2020 Election

13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Mark Hertling‏Verified account @MarkHertling “Security guarantees,” like elimination of US and allied forces in S Korea.
  14. Desilufan

*A to Z of Movies*

Gunga Din
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Associated Press‏Verified account@AP BREAKING: Russian President Vladimir Putin says North Korea needs security guarantees before it gives up its nuclear program.
  16. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NBC News‏Verified account@NBCNews Former intelligence officials say the Mueller report shows the Trump campaign left itself wide open to Russians. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/mueller-report-shows-trump-campaign-left-itself-wide-open-russians-n997716?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
  17. It too, is similar to a "Sang/Sung" and "Brang/Brung" kind of thing. And we can't forget---"Stank/Stunk"! Sepiatone
  18. Sepiatone

Jokes about the movies

OK Eric, gotcha. and I'll thank DEFENESTRATOR for providing a photo of one. Sepiatone
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

New York Magazine‏Verified account@NYMag John McCain's family is reportedly planning to support Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential race http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/report-john-mccains-family-will-back-biden-for-president.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1
  20. Today
  21. laffite

IS GARBO ALL-TIME GREATEST?

I like the "talking pictures" distinction. It wouldn't apply with the silents where she was so much better. So good that she might be on the short list for "Greatest Ever."
  22. Gershwin fan

Fun movie-related gifs

23. Gershwin fan

Your Favourite Foreign Language Films from 1996

Liebe Dein Symptom wie Dich selbst! - This German documentary is about the Hegelian- Lacanian philosopher Zizek. In his interviews, he discusses American and European culture and the state of the world after the fall of the Yugoslav regime. He discusses everything from ethnic tensions in the Balkans and rumors about Yugoslav officials to Richard Wagner and Orpheus to American films like Get Shorty and To Die For ("a beautifully Brechtian film"). Worthwhile documentary on philosophy and psychoanalysis.
  24. laffite

The Worst Thing In A Movie!!

Tyrone Power
  25. laffite

I Just Watched...

It was probably a movie with Tyrone Power in it.
  26. sagebrush

Well, It's happened again. . . .

Me four!
  27. laffite

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

In a Lonely Place avian symbolism
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?