All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't even remember what time I had to get up, probably around seven. My mommy would come upstairs and get me up. Sometimes she even actually said Time to rise and shine. Pow, zoom, striaght to the moon Alice.
  3. Gershwin fan

Somewhat Off-Topic: What have you been reading lately?

Come on, V. He just died yesterday. I thought this interview of his is pretty good. He defended literature from the School of Resentment and people who interjected politics from both sides. Who will defend the Western Canon now? I don't think there is a literary scholar like him around today.
  4. filmnoirguy

Top Five Favorite Judy Garland Movie Songs

1. The Man That Got Away 2. Over the Rainbow 3. On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe 4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, tied with The Trolley Song 5. Get Happy Guilty pleasure: Bidin' My Time. (Judy's expression is priceless as she sings this song.)
  5. Peter Baker @peterbakernyt · 18h Breaking: Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer. “I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Bolton said, according to testimony to House investigators. @npfandos
  6. Bernie is at best a Social Democrat. He is a Capitalist too. I don't think either of them are going to be nominated though, Bernie particularly for his age and health concerns.
  7. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Jennifer Griffin @JenGriffinFNC Russian mercenaries give video tour of abandoned US base in Northern Syria, laughing at the hasty US retreat, showing unfinished meals on dining tables and heavy military equipment left behind. A Russian propaganda coup.
  8. mr6666

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney NEWS: The State Department and White House tried to block George Kent from appearing -- so the House Intel Committee subpoenaed him, according to a source working on the impeachment inquiry. He is complying with the subpoena. This is Yovanovitch all over again. ====================================== @tedlieu · 5h Both @realDonaldTrump and @SecPompeo tried to hide and obstruct the testimony of: Ambassador Volcker Ambassador Yovanovitch Fiona Hill George Kent @POTUS & Pompeo failed. Why? Because we have patriots who want to tell the truth.
  9. And Eddie Axberg had the distinction of being the location sound recordist for these two films as well. I'm not sure I could name another actor who does that sort of double duty outside of student or very low budget films.
  10. David Cicilline @davidcicilline · 7h Not long until @realDonaldTrump tries to say Rudy Giuliani was just a “coffee boy” and that John Bolton is a Democrat.
  11. Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 Breaking via NYT: John Bolton instructed Fiona Hill to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council that Rudy Giuliani was working with Mick Mulvaney on a rogue operation with legal implications, Hill told the investigators.
  12. Vautrin

Movies That It Sometimes Feels That Only You Alone Like?

From what I recall there were a couple of wiseguys, but I didn't think of them as having much of a superiority complex.
  13. mr6666

Rudy and the Beast

Shimon Prokupecz @ShimonPro Rudy Giuliani is parting ways with the personal attorney representing him so far in matters related to the impeachment inquiry. Giuliani confirmed to CNN Tuesday that his current attorney, Jon Sale, is ending his representation of the former New York City mayor shortly. 1:22 PM · Oct 15, 2019
  14. Peebs

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

7) Esther Williams garnered some attention for her 1999 autobiography "Million Dollar Mermaid" when she claimed that Jeff Chandler, whom she dated, was a cross-dresser. She reportedly told him, "Jeff, you're too big for polka dots." Friends of Chandler, including Jane Russell, disputed the story.
  15. filmnoirguy

Noir Alley

SPOILER: Who did Raft and boys find hanging in the apartment? Was that the loud mouth maid?
  16. Harold Bloom, the sad-eye professor of pomposity has died. Oh no, how will we ever be able to understand texts without the near divine guidance of the Martha Stewart of literature.
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Frida Ghitis @FridaGhitis If only Trump's fans knew the truth Quote Tweet Justin Amash @justinamash · 56m President Trump has increased U.S. forces in the Middle East by about 14,000 since May. He’s not bringing them home; he’s sending them there. theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/trump-fool-us-middle-east/600010/… 4:39 PM · Oct 15, 2019·Twitter Web App
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Newsweek @Newsweek Mike Pence would probably just pardon Donald Trump if he was impeached, GOP strategist says Mike Pence would probably just pardon Donald Trump if he was impeached, GOP strategist says Rick Tyler said it would be better if Trump was voted out of office as he would face prosection for past crimes and would not have a Republican president to pardon him. newsweek.com 4:40 PM · Oct 15, 2019·SocialFlow
  19. CinemaInternational

Movie Blunders

In 1982's Annie, the characters go see Camille at Radio City. The film's set in 1933, per a line of dialogue late in the film. Camille wasn't released until 1936.
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Daily Beast @thedailybeast These nepotists have a lot to say about Hunter Biden's nepotism These Nepotists Have a Lot to Say About Hunter Biden’s Nepotism Four famous legacy cases—Donald Trump Jr., Rand Paul, Meghan McCain, and Ronna Romney McDaniel—all weighed in on Hunter Biden’s family ties on Tuesday. thedailybeast.com
  21. SansFin

Movie Blunders

Many did. Electromechanical clocks have a traditional mechanical movement but are wound by an electric motor at regular intervals. They were popular with institutions because they did not need the daily winding of a mechanical clock, they were more accurate than standard electrical clocks prior to the invention of the synchronous motor clock and they would continue to keep time even when the mains went down. The Telechron clock which you pictured is a synchronous motor clock. The disk below the company name indicated when the mains supply had been interrupted and the time needed to be reset. Electromagnetic clocks also tick as they are mechanical in all respects but that the pendulum is driven electrically.
  22. mr6666

Rudy and the Beast

Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel NEW: GEORGE KENT, a career @StateDept official who is now testifying on the Hill, warned colleagues as far back as March about RUDY GIULIANI's role in what he called a “disinformation” campaign using a Ukrainian prosecutor to smear BIDEN, YOVANOVITCH, etc.
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Chris Hayes @chrislhayes Things don’t look...great for Rudy right now. 3:22 PM · Oct 15, 2019·Twitter Web App
  24. Jeffry Oliver

Do You Know Me?

Thank you for your kind encouragement, Princess of Tap.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us